DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 5: Asylum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegetto

Green Jacket
E8dSD0H.jpg

DBZ: The Fallen Empire

Breaking news today as Zakuul faces its first domestic attack on the anniversary of the Empire and Republic's ceasefire treaties.

Reports coming in of a dragon apparently striking from the planet's surface, catching the Eternal Fleet completely offguard and destroying several ships. Hundreds of cities loose power in the wake of the explosion contained by Emperor Arcann.

"A man was seen charging the High Justice in the middle of space, that's not a theory. How can you possibly deny the dragon turning around from the Fleet and still believe the official report that it was targetting those ships?"

Speculation still unconfirmed on the former Emperor's apprentice, Gogeta, as the sole fighter to attack High Justice Vaylin. Zakuul officals deny allegations of riots  across controlled Imperial worlds.

"For the first time, the Eternal Empire has been shaken. There is blood in the water now, it's only a matter of time before war is declared across the universe."

==================================================

Prelude of The Fallen Empire (Click here!!)
Character Registration (Click here!!)

=================================================

Chapter 1: The Hunt
Chapter 2: A Dream of Empire
Chapter 3: The Outlanders
Chapter 4: The Gravestone

===================================================

"How is she?"

Arcann had his arms crossed, standing with a man in a white lab coat to his left while he looked over the small silver pod before him. The man pushed up his glasses on his nose bridge, his tone flat.

"Her condition is still critical, the burns from reentering the atmosphere having done the most damage. Given that she was able to even survive that blast above in space, it's a miracle she's still in one piece."

The Emperor turned his one eye down towards the man.

"And the other warrior? Did you locate his body?"

The man shook his head once.

"No sir, we found no trace of his physical remains. He was the closest to the blast when it cascaded out, and seeing as the ships were vaporized, I wouldn't be surprised if nothing was left of him either."

Arcann nodded once, turning his gaze back to the pod at once.

"We'll need to make sure it stays that way. Without a body, we can deny the involvement of this Gogeta and claim it was Firebrand using facial reconstruction technology. The Empire getting bold would be a nuisance, I'd rather not waste more resources putting them down again."

The man had raised an eyebrow.

"And what of the remaining Outlanders? Do you know their location."

Arcann nodded to the pod.

"No, but she can find the trail when she regains consciousness. See to it that she makes a faster recovery; I have a few more questions for her."

======================

In an instant, the massive hull of the Gravestone crashed onto the open field of grass on an unfamiliar world. Vegetto lowered his arm, huffing lightly and dropping his arm down. He descended back down into his base form, glancing over his shoulder.

"Alright, we're on the other side of this galaxy now. She shouldn't be able to track us here."

Brachi has remained awfully distant and quiet throughout the entire trip, leaning against the wall, looking down. She did regress into her base form, but one could clearly see the frustration on her face. She was currently ignoring her aching muscles, managing to cross her arms regardless, contemplating things, as if still trying to comprehend as to what has happened, while at the same time mourning the loss of Gogeta. 

If there was one thing that Brachi hated, was that she was being forced to play the waiting game, or unable to do anything against a foe of this magnitude. She was mentally cursing her Saiyan side, but at the same time she couldn't blame it either. She was at least happy that there was some damage inflicted as of now, but why now? Why on a single individual, while there could be also damage done on a foe in numbers logistically? Crippling resources to deprive them of power for their defenses, their ships? Wouldn't that damage the morale of the enemy if there were fleets invading and occupying their planets, liberating the population and cutting off supply lines to the enemy as a whole? And there was STILL no way to reach out to those most dear to them, her family and friends, save for her husband. The only comfort she had with that was that her Future counterparts have been watching over them to keep their presence intact somewhat, but she wanted to see them again one way or the other. And there is still the matter of the twenty-seven years she technically lost due to what she believes to be involuntary timeskipping. The whole situation was making her head hurt, but she remained in her current position, silent and motionless, ignoring the rest for now as if she wasn't there. She didn't even faze as a silent tear ran from her right eye, if only to amplify the frustration she was feeling. 

Xenest on the other hand sat in close proximity of the multi-fusion woman, enough to be close as he was allowed to, as Brachi was currently not in the mood to talk. While she did understand that he was worried about her, there were still moments she wanted to herself, allowing him only in close proximity when absolutely necessary.

Solaris looked over to Kira. "You know. When she recovers. She'll probably be able to vaporize an entire galaxy with a blink." He said. Kira sighed.

"No kidding... I hate these Saiyans. Hate them hate them hate them!" She replied.

"That's not very Jedi-like." Solaris said. Kira didn't reply. He stood up preparing to leave.

"It's what happens when the Sith are lead by a Saiyan for all of your life, and then that Saiyan's brother destroys everything you work for... Doc. T-47. Master." She said. Solaris nodded going to the fusion.

"I need this Dread Energy of your's." He said simply.

Kire let out a sigh of relief knowing that the danger was finally gone, for the meanwhile at least. He glanced down at Jaz and shook her slightly, trying to end her trance into the unknown. His entire body tensed at Jaz's silence and how dead she appeared to be. He shook her a little more but got no response.

"C'mon Jaz..." Kire said gently. "You can't be sad over some guy who wasn't even there for you. He ain't worth gettin' sad over y'know. You're a Rebbel and we Rebbels don't get sad over stupid things like boys. I know you're a lot tougher than that, Cupcake."

"I just..." Jaz's voice was very faint, only heard by Kire. 

The father leaned closer to Jaz's mouth, trying to get a better hearing of what she said. He listened to her whispered mumbles and he seems to have caught something that instantly sprung him up in disbelief. His body trembled out of anger as he slowly moved to a wall and placed Jaz gently on the floor. Jaz's body leaned against the wall and remained lifeless. Straightening his back, Kire turned to glare directly at Junior, and, without skipping a beat, rushed directly at the boy. 

Kire knew he wasn't physically stronger than Junior but the least he can do is pin the boy against the wall by his throat. He shook Junior, attempting to strangle him.

"You..! YOU!" Kire screamed. "You've been gettin' on my final nerve, boy! You not only ratted out your team but you fucked up my daughter! I knew you were a joke! I knew you were around Jaz to sleep with her! I knew you were nothing but trouble, you bastard!" One of Kire's hand started to shift into that of a hand gun (lol pun) and he pressed it right up against Junior's head. His intentions were clear. "And I'll be damned if I let another boy hurt one of my precious girls again!"

Vegetto narrowed his eyes at Kira during her outburst, remaining silent before turning his attention to Solaris once he made his demand. The fusion glanced over the Saiyan for a moment, his tone flat after studying Solaris for a few seconds.

"You already have it, from what I can sense. You're just going to have to learn how to bring it out now, like the rest of us."

His head then quickly turned, moving up behind Kire and pulling on his arm with the gun pointed at Junior.

"Enough. He wasn't trying to hurt her, he only wanted to free us and did what was necessary."

Vegetto Jr, however, had remained silent during Kire's attack. He offered no resistance against the move, having kept his solemn gaze down towards the floor, Koth and Gogeta Jr. both looked on with narrowed eyes, turning their heads away once Vegetto intervened.

"Let them sort it out on their own."

Xenest watched the display going on with silence as he sat there in a crouching position, waiting for the moment when it was time to move out, yet also keeping an eye on his wife, who still remained in her place, not moving a muscle.

Mioi sat off to the side crouched on the floor, watching the scene play out without a word. Her gaze shifted over to Jaz briefly before watching the tension unfold. It almost felt palpable to her.

I really don't understand it... All Mioi could gather was that they were sold out, but she didn't really seem to pick up on any of the words during the exchange just then given she wasn't close in proximity. She pressed her hands into either side of her face before letting out an exhale of breath through her nose. 

Mioi didn't feel like doing anything besides watching for now. She was physically and mentally exhausted, so she simply crossed one leg over the other and let her face heal up while she just observed.

There was a loud fire from Kire's handgun which meant he was willing to finish the boy off at any given notice. He listened to Vegetto and swiped his arm away from the man before snarling at him in pure fury. He knew that killing Junior would never happen with his father nearby so he decided to back down. He turned his back to Junior and Vegetto.

"You're right Vegetto, he should sort things out and make things right..." He paused. "...With Gogeta Jr. and Koth." 

He glanced at Jaz who was moving up to her feet. She seemed to have gotten over her gloomy state and return to her usual confident self but it was obvious that it was just a way to hide her sorrow. She crossed her arms and began to walk away from the scene, heading to her father's lab. Kire returned his glare to both father and son.

"Let me make myself very clear to the both of you..." He pointed at Junior, his tone getting a little darker. "I don't want you near my daughter ever again. If I see you near her, I will attempt to kill you every single time. Don't try my patience and don't test your luck. I better make myself damn clear to you, child, because your little daddy isn't gonna be there to protect you every time. You're lucky I don't deliver you to Vaylin myself." 

He turned to Vegetto with the same dark voice. 

"You may not care what happens to my daughter but I do. You better keep your mutt on a leash because I promise you, if he doesn't shape up and heed my damn warning, you won't have a son when this stupid war ends."

With that said, Kire turned on his heel and followed off after Jaz.

"C'mon Mioi, I got some plans for you." Kire said, still annoyed. "I need to run some tests on you."

Koth crossed his arms in the midst of the arguing, having kept his narrowed eyes throughout the outburst on Junior, who merely crumpled to the ground once he was free of Kire's grasp. The Saiyan hybrid dropped his head into his arms, having buried his face in his knees as he sat upright against the wall. Gogeta Jr. sighed in response, his stern expression having disappeared before he turned his attention towards the approaching power levels from within the ship.

Vegetto's eyes narrowed into a strong glare at Kire's scolding, watching the man turn heel with clenched fists. The muscles in his arms bulged a little bit, the agitation clear in his expression.

"And if you keep threatening me like that, you won't get the chance to be a father to the girl I raised."

Xenest remained silent as he watched this going on, feeling it was better to not meddle in affairs that did not involve him or were not of his concern. Brachi's eyes did shift to the direction of the argument for a brief moment, before turning back to the position she had them before, not having moved her head as if she was looking from the corner of her eyes...

Mioi followed behind Kire without an utterance, but felt very uncomfortable being within anyone's line of sight at the moment. What little one could grasp of an expression, hers was more or less perplexed.

"Tests? You already set up in this husk of a ship while we were outside?" She forgot that he stayed behind while they looked for parts, but was more willing to just try and not focus on whatever confusing tension was going on for the meantime. "Fine. But do not touch my face without warning me."

Kire stopped in his place as soon as Vegetto mentioned his part in Jaz's life. His hands turned into fists and he looked at the floor. He was usualy able to think up a witty comeback but he couldn't say much to something that was true. He growled under his breath and only continued back to his lab with Mioi in tow.

"Yeah, I managed to use the scraps to build a pretty basic lab, it's not impressive. I mean, I still haven't installed the voice recognition on the computers..." When he opened the door, it was just nothing more than computer screens and pods along with other machines people would see in the movies. All of which took two rooms to cram in. "I don't think I'll be touching you. I'll just be taking some measurements. After that, you can go play with Jaz and I'm sure she'll teach you the wonders of humans."

Kire pulled his right thumb out o his hand only to show some measuring tape to Mioi.

"Alright, spread your arms out, this shouldn't take long."

===

Jaz sat on the bed in the corner of the room. She watched her father talk to Mioi and she took this chance to try to think about the situation at hand. She cheered up at her father mentioning that Rebbels don't cry. She was upset but she thought to leave the matter alone for the most part and ignore Junior. She still needed some time to herself while she gazed silently out the window at the grassy plains they landed in.

"Getting sick of his agitation." Solaris remarked. Kira got up and walked into the center of the room.

"Enough! This is going to be very hypocritical but too bad. We need to stop stepping on each other's toes and refocus on the Eternal Empire. Gogetta died to let us have this chance. He was many things to us." She looked can at Vegetto. "A brother." She looked at Junior. "An uncle." At Gogetta Jr. "A father... And to me, an enemy. He sacrificed his life. For all of us. We've all done horrible things, well, probably not Mioi. But this bickering will only get us killed."

Mioi complied and lifted her arms up for the measurement. "Humans confuse me greatly. Maybe then I would understand you lot at least a little more. But I feel that everything confuses me to a degree."

Vegetto's eyes landed on Kira, having dropped his head at the mention of Gogeta. Gogeta Jr. tightly shut his eyes when she turned her eyes to him, glancing to his left immediately. Koth fidgetted with his arms, but turned his head up towards the sound of a familiar voice.

"Agreed. I also brought the woman you requested."

Koth blinked, but his eyes instantly narrowed at the sight of the woman. Clad in the same golden armor as the Knights, a woman with years of combat experience across her features stood, her armor white. She placed her hands on her hips, glancing around the group with a flat tone.

"Pleasure to meet you all. My name is Senya."

Koth kept his frown, moving up towards the woman.

"Woah woah, hang on a second there. If you think I'm gonna let this piece of work onto my ship, you have another-"

"Enough."

Beerus had his right arm raised, his palm facing outwards towards Koth, who backed up instinctively.

"I heard the bickering from the other compartment, and do not wish to hear another spat. If you are going to fight, do it when we have already set a plan in motion and have it not detract from our agenda."

Vegetto crossed his arms, his narrowed eyes returning.

"Our first move should be finding more supplies. This ship still isn't running, and we're going to have to repair it as well as making sure we don't starve."

The fusion glanced towards Koth.

"Do you know what planet this is?"

Senya, however, spoke before Koth could open his mouth.

"This world is known as Asylum: Gogeta Jr. instructed I create a strong energy signature here as a backup plan in case things went south during your rescue."

Koth broke out into a small smirk.

"Well I'll be damned, you clever punk. You had a way out the entire time."

Gogeta Jr. kept his frown.

"Not that it mattered. Maybe if I had remembered, father wouldn't have had to sacrifice himself."

Senya turned her eyes towards the exit of the ship, letting in a summer like breeze into the ship.

"There's a harbor near this plan, with food, water, and supplies to get this ship running."

Senya remained stone faced, glancing between Solaris and Kira.

"Asylum is a neutral world, a haven from Zakuul that Arcann doesn't know about. The harbor is a trading hub for pirates and outlaws: we will fit right in. No need to take anything by force."

She started moving towards the exit.

"Follow me, I'll lead the way."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom