Big Cookbook

These all sound delicious! I actually wanna try them all but I need to get the stuff first! That fried rice is sounding mighty tasty but I'll make sure to eat it using Loopy's brownie in a mug! Masa's rice sounds simple and easy, I'm sure even I can cook that (I SUCK at cooking. xDD) Masa made my life easier. xDD

Found this recipe on the pack of the pancit noodles:

SPAMKATSU

2 packs Pancit Canton original 
2 slices canned luncheon meat 
2 beaten eggs 
1/2 cup bread crumbs 
2 tbsp vegetable oil 
1 thinly sliced onion 
1 cup water 
2 tsp sugar 
1 tsp soy sauce 
2 stalks sliced leeks 

Cooking Instructions:
1. Slice luncheon meat into desired thickness. Dip in beaten eggs and coat with bread crumbs. Fry in very hot vegetable oil. Remove and drain on paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
2. Boil noodles for 3 minutes. Drain water.
3. Heat a pan and pour oil. Sauté the onions. Add the soy sauce and seasoning together with water, sugar, and soy sauce. Add cooked noodles. Stir in the rest of the beaten eggs. Cook until eggs set. Transfer into a bowl, top with breaded luncheon meat, and garnish with thinly sliced leeks. Serve and enjoy!

I can't even oil-fry chicken without getting burned but if I use slices of Tulip canned meat I should be fine. It sounds delish!

I'm in the midst of planning for Passover, and there's a lot of food I have to make. I could share how to make charoset. It's a very simple snacky type thing. It can be eaten year round. Also, you don't have to celebrate it. This is an Ashkenazic version. It's not exact, since our family doesn't use an actual written out recipe.

It makes a lot. Maybe like 10 servings? 

Ingredients:
-2 medium-sized apples (cored, chopped)
-as much chopped or crushed walnuts as you want (almost equal in amount to the apples is what I do)
-grape juice (most people use a sweet red wine, but I can't have alcohol)
-cinnamon

Directions:
Put chopped apples in a big bowl. Add and mix in nuts. Pour in the grape juice enough to really wet the mixture. It tends to absorb the liquid quickly. Add a couple of dashes of cinnamon to the mixture. I usually find a lid for the bowl, put it on the bowl tightly, and shake the whole thing vigorously. (You could just stir it with a spoon, though.) And, it's pretty much done. 

That sounds very delicious. Looks simple enough that even I can make it. xDD

I'll give it a try when I have some cinnamon.

Yay! I'm glad it sounds good. I might add that I sometimes peel the apples before coring and chopping them. Sometimes, I don't have the energy to do that. It just depends if you want a 'rougher' looking mix, I guess. It's fun crushing the nuts with a mallet, too. ;) It's a very versatile nut. This is pretty simple. Especially if you have a utensil that both cores and slices the apples.

Is it possible to add honey to replace the cinnamon? I love honey a bit too much. Hell, I'll see if I can twist your recipe a bit. xDD

~ Z ~ said:
Is it possible to add honey to replace the cinnamon? I love honey a bit too much. Hell, I'll see if I can twist your recipe a bit. xDD

Some people add honey to theirs and keep the cinnamon. Personally, I think the apples and juice (or wine) make it sweet enough. I don't think I've had it with honey. You can most certainly try it with honey and without cinnamon. There are like a million different charoset recipes out there, but this one is just what our family does. Some use a medley of dried fruits. Some puree it into a paste. We usually like it chunky, though.

Misua Cat said:
Found this recipe on the pack of the pancit noodles:

SPAMKATSU

2 packs Pancit Canton original 
2 slices canned luncheon meat 
2 beaten eggs 
1/2 cup bread crumbs 
2 tbsp vegetable oil 
1 thinly sliced onion 
1 cup water 
2 tsp sugar 
1 tsp soy sauce 
2 stalks sliced leeks 

Cooking Instructions:
1. Slice luncheon meat into desired thickness. Dip in beaten eggs and coat with bread crumbs. Fry in very hot vegetable oil. Remove and drain on paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
2. Boil noodles for 3 minutes. Drain water.
3. Heat a pan and pour oil. Sauté the onions. Add the soy sauce and seasoning together with water, sugar, and soy sauce. Add cooked noodles. Stir in the rest of the beaten eggs. Cook until eggs set. Transfer into a bowl, top with breaded luncheon meat, and garnish with thinly sliced leeks. Serve and enjoy!

That sounds delicious. Noddles is consistently one of the top 5 things I love to eat, so I'll definitely give this one a try!

Back
Top Bottom