Anime/Manga You're Watching/Reading?

Watched everything on Toonami last night...still enjoyed watching through Cowboy Bebop for the jillionth time lol

Currently watching Megalo Box. It's definitely the highlight anime of this Spring season for me.

Watched Isao Takahata's first movie Horus Prince of the Sun the other day. For a 50-year-old movie, it's pretty good and there were a lot of really interesting "camera" techniques you never saw in anime in the late 60s. Caught up on Boruto recently, started watching Pop Team Epic and Bungo Stray Dogs too recently. The former is delightfully weird, the latter is kinda disappointing to me so far since it was a recommend from someone whose recs I've almost always liked so far but we'll see.

High Score Girl Episode 5! It's pretty damn sweet! Definitely a highlight of the animated season.

JamesYTP said:
Watched Isao Takahata's first movie Horus Prince of the Sun the other day. For a 50-year-old movie, it's pretty good and there were a lot of really interesting "camera" techniques you never saw in anime in the late 60s. Caught up on Boruto recently, started watching Pop Team Epic and Bungo Stray Dogs too recently. The former is delightfully weird, the latter is kinda disappointing to me so far since it was a recommend from someone whose recs I've almost always liked so far but we'll see.

I highly recommend you looking at Not My Fault I'm Not Popular if you can handle cringe humor, and Goblin Slayer. The latter is a dark fantasy, but with an unique touch with DnD elements.

ShineCero said:
JamesYTP said:

I highly recommend you looking at Not My Fault I'm Not Popular if you can handle cringe humor, and Goblin Slayer. The latter is a dark fantasy, but with an unique touch with DnD elements.

Not My Fault I'm Not Popular...that's the long version of Watamote's title isn't it? If so I enjoyed that one very much. The most fascinating thing was the different reactions to it, I've heard it called things as dark as "Sylvia Plath and Holden Caufield had a really awkward baby" to "it's the funniest thing I've ever seen. I thought it was both kinda lol. Will check out Goblin Slayer though.

JamesYTP said:
ShineCero said:
JamesYTP said:

Not My Fault I'm Not Popular...that's the long version of Watamote's title isn't it? If so I enjoyed that one very much. The most fascinating thing was the different reactions to it, I've heard it called things as dark as "Sylvia Plath and Holden Caufield had a really awkward baby" to "it's the funniest thing I've ever seen. I thought it was both kinda lol. Will check out Goblin Slayer though.

Bingo. The anime is very, very good, although it does not have a second season yet. If you haven't read the manga, definitely checked those out.

Goblin Slayer has a light novel and a manga right now (you can buy them officially, or check'em them out on mangalife.us). It's does have an anime coming up soon, I think next year? Here's an trailer of it if you want to see how it looks.

[align=center][video=youtube]

Just watching Steins Gate zero and god please just give it a chance if you havent. SG is literally hands down my favourite series ever and I cant believe how good it is.  :katcry:

I've just finished watching the first episode of Sword Art Online: Alicization. I know SAO is a polarizing series, but nevertheless I still enjoy watching it. XD

At some point, I also need to start watching Darling in the Franxx. :)

Goblin Slayer, Not My Fault I'm Not Popular and a new manga called "Don't Bully Me, Nagatoro"

Just finished Akanesasu Shoujo and I'm really glad I picked it up! They actually went in the direction I didnt think they'd go so major respect for that! Gonna miss it a lil.

Rewatched the last episode of Bunny Girl Senpai! Can't believe an anime made me cry more than Clannad.

Back
Top Bottom