Anime/Manga You're Watching/Reading?

Watched everything on Toonami last night...still enjoyed watching through Cowboy Bebop for the jillionth time lol

I picked up Cynthia the Mission to read while waiting on Goblin Slayer to update again. Confusing, but good.

Currently watching Megalo Box. It's definitely the highlight anime of this Spring season for me.

Watched Isao Takahata's first movie Horus Prince of the Sun the other day. For a 50-year-old movie, it's pretty good and there were a lot of really interesting "camera" techniques you never saw in anime in the late 60s. Caught up on Boruto recently, started watching Pop Team Epic and Bungo Stray Dogs too recently. The former is delightfully weird, the latter is kinda disappointing to me so far since it was a recommend from someone whose recs I've almost always liked so far but we'll see.

High Score Girl Episode 5! It's pretty damn sweet! Definitely a highlight of the animated season.

JamesYTP said:
Watched Isao Takahata's first movie Horus Prince of the Sun the other day. For a 50-year-old movie, it's pretty good and there were a lot of really interesting "camera" techniques you never saw in anime in the late 60s. Caught up on Boruto recently, started watching Pop Team Epic and Bungo Stray Dogs too recently. The former is delightfully weird, the latter is kinda disappointing to me so far since it was a recommend from someone whose recs I've almost always liked so far but we'll see.

I highly recommend you looking at Not My Fault I'm Not Popular if you can handle cringe humor, and Goblin Slayer. The latter is a dark fantasy, but with an unique touch with DnD elements.

ShineCero said:
JamesYTP said:

I highly recommend you looking at Not My Fault I'm Not Popular if you can handle cringe humor, and Goblin Slayer. The latter is a dark fantasy, but with an unique touch with DnD elements.

Not My Fault I'm Not Popular...that's the long version of Watamote's title isn't it? If so I enjoyed that one very much. The most fascinating thing was the different reactions to it, I've heard it called things as dark as "Sylvia Plath and Holden Caufield had a really awkward baby" to "it's the funniest thing I've ever seen. I thought it was both kinda lol. Will check out Goblin Slayer though.

Back
Top Bottom