Animal Crossing: New Horizons [Switch]

After the bunny event is done and over with, I'm pretty sure I caught all the April fish and bugs. I'm just catching up on the game and trying to get K.K Slider into my village! I should gather a ton of materials in cause I need to make a ton of stuff. I'm just super eager about getting the Terraforming kit because my island landscape is a mess! xDD

I decided to use the whole Time Travel shenanigans now that I got the WHOLE information about it. I'll be moving at a much faster pace and hopefully, have my island open for you kiddos soon. It's in a terrible state and very... messy. How would I invite you guys anyway? By code or something? 

On the side, what kind of villagers do you guys have? I only have 7 villagers but I love all of them so far!

Genji
Diva
June
Cranston
Marshall
Bubbles
Stitches

I think June is the cutest but I REALLY love Marshall since I had him on my game in New Leaf. We got some history together, so we're pals. Besides, I really like his design, I mean, LOOK AT HIM!

3166514-marshal_hd.png

I had to clean out my storage because i ran out of room (too many clothes and furniture hoarding). I've got all my stuff in a pile because I don't have literally ANY DIY or furniture that isn't a skinny table that I can arrange side by side. I think as long as the stuff you drop is on a table outside she won't count it as litter.

But I have piles of fossils and stuff everywhere. It's ugly and a mess but I'm focusing on making money to finance my home and the other upgrades. Flick was at my island yesterday so I went out on like 4 tours at night and for the islands to go farm bugs and sell to him for double the price. I decided to test the theory that you can spawn tarantulas yourself without trying to get the infinite tarantula island (which is really rare) and here's what I can gather:
  • End up on bamboo island or an island with no clifftops/long rivers. Ideally you want more land than water since giant water bugs spawn at a high rate in rivers at night and can't be scared away.
  • Cut down all the trees, dig up their stumps
  • Break all the rocks using the fruit buff
  • Pick all the flowers (digging them up isnt necessary)
  • Dump all the wood and stuff onto the beaches
I think rain might lower their chances of spawning, but it didn't really affect me that much. I still had tarantulas spawning one at a time and I left 2 coconut trees up so I could catch the Atlas Moth for a high payout. I wasn't bit often, but I noticed that they only run at you if you take the net out in front of them. If they're far away or their back is turned, you just get it out and sneak towards them. They hiss every step, but I waited until they go back to their normal pose and move some more. Doing this, they didn't jump and miss my net, which usually happens if I try to just charge at em.

Made lots of bells from it, and I adopted Pate! She's a cute ugly duckling. And I got Pecan to move from my campsite. Unfortunately though, I decided to let one of my villagers move out, so I have to wait a day for her plot to free up since I can go and hunt bugs again right now.

I'm having the most trouble catching the Char though :/ damn thing just won't spawn and I waste tons of fish bait.
Dodo codes are what I see people using for big groups but I've never used one

[video=youtube]

I want to know your opinions on this video? Might want to put it at higher speed since it's pretty long. :thinking:​

I need good prices for turnips cause ive got a decreasing week, anything over 100 is going to be fine now

The game has been out for over an year now.

I heard various criticisms and talking points about the state of the game: usually with these talking points that propped up several times (and people become visibly and irrationally angry): the game has no content; there's nothing to do; *insert whatever feature from previously game(s)* isn't in this game. And my favorite one, "Nintendo is X because anti-consumerism..." and yada yada stuff.

Yet, the game continue to sell gangbusters (most likely due to the pandemic) and people poured thousands of hours into the game (by individual basis; of course this is overexaggerating, but work with me here).

Clearly, there's some disconnect somewhere around there. Based on the press release and the overall game, it seems to release steadily updates. Whether or not these updates are that significant is practically subjective, but they are still *updates*. 

In short, how are you guys liking the game so far?

About a month ago I was patiently optimistic since it seemed that the wedding event added a few new items (currently am time travelling so I haven't tried the event again yet), but aside from occasional special items you order from the catalogue and a repeat of Reese and Rover there isn't anything substantially new as of yet... and it's starting to affect the way I view the game...

I believe Bowser (the guy not the Mario one lol) confirmed in the most vague manner possible that there would be something in the future works for animal crossing but I don't know if this would be discussed in a future Direct or what. A lot of furniture sets that can be considered Classic AC vanilla furniture just seems to be missing for some reason, and things we have seen in Happy home Designer strangely have not appeared either (mostly ceiling furniture and new items that weren't in New Leaf). However, they did add the Cafe wallpaper to NH so it's possible we'll be dripfed more HHD content. But I think that is the main issue, people do not like being dripfed to this degree with the more impactful features so few and far between.

I think the biggest issue is the lack of QoL fixes. You still can only individually redeem items like nook mile tickets or Bell tickets rather than in bulk, which can be a big hassle if you're honoring a trader's conditions with either of those in large amounts, or you just want to get a lot of money together. Bulk crafting still isn't implemented for some reason, and we're missing NPCs like GracieGrace, Katrina, and Brewster who have never sat out on a mainline title before. Also, there is no way of expanding the Nook store beyond what is available, and it wears on people's patience very quickly if the only 10 decors on sale that day are all things they already purchased before.

For the uninitiated, the NPCs I described added to the mechanics of the game proper.
-Gracie often ran a clothing store either on her own or in your fully expanded Nookington's store. She designed haute/avant garde clothing that wasn't cheap, and her furniture sets cost a pretty penny. But for high rollers who have literal millions to spend, they get to have cool furniture: Dessert, Gracie collection, Playing Card set, the Gorgeous set, etc. If these become obtainable through an event in the future that is fine but there isn't any of it to be seen.
-Katrina is a fortune teller who is able to tell you if you will have good or bad luck. Players will work to ensure they have good luck (usually by wearing an item she suggests will avoid it), because it rewards a doubling in Bells from shaking trees and selling back items if I remember right. If you have bad luck, you can trip, your lights flicker, furniture squeaks, and you have lower income.
-brewster's utility has varied but he can offer a minigame where you work part time for him in exchange for barista furniture. In older games he offered anything between dialogue about other NPCs or extra gyroid storage. (And apparently we just dont have any gyroids, people really like them and were surprised not to have them as furnitures)

So I dont really know. I'm content with what there is but at the same time it feels like the grass could be a little greener a little faster. But at the same time I don't want an article to come out about the devs working crunch time a la Cyberpunk 2077. To rub salt into my nostalgic wounds, the original director of AC resigned in 2018 so the 'familiar' touch of nintendo can't exactly be all the way there. It puts me in a strange position as an AC fan.

Back
Top Bottom