What Did You Do Today?

Woke Up, give Dad his daily dosages of pills he need to take for his heart and posting around on the forum.

Slept and wanted to wake up healed, existed, moved about the house, rotated my cat's dishes, washed his and his doggie brother's water bottles and refilling them, and crawled back to bed.

Visit my dad at the hospital and did some exchange with finances to pay bills.

How is your dad Shine? He doing ok? Also finished the Ancient Magus Bride today, and omg that is definitely in my top ten anime's to rewatch at somepoint

Fallen_Soul said:
How is your dad Shine? He doing ok? Also finished the Ancient Magus Bride today, and omg that is definitely in my top ten anime's to rewatch at somepoint

He's doing fine. It was a wild ride for the past couple of months.

He was hospitalized in latter half of November for Congestive Heart Failure and had to flush those fluids out of his system. Furthermore, his heart rate was out of control as an result (he's Atrial Flutter, which is basically rapid heart beat). They tried to do cardio-version on him twice (well, thrice), but both of them failed, but medication managed to calm it down. He was sent home afterwards.

Suddenly, he starting feeling weak, then bam. He gotten pneumonia in January.  He was sent back to the same hospital again, which they treated (the hospital is called Redlands Community Hospital). However, due to their fuck up, they sent him home prematurely, causing him to go back two more times for the same problem (where he had lung abscess). 

The last time, they decided to sent him home... with a heart rate of 120+

Now, I ain't no doctor and I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, but if I see a patient with that high of a heart rate... AT REST I wouldn't send his ass home. Yet, when we tried to talk to the nurse about it, they, condescendingly, urgent that they should let the medication kicked in. They didn't like the fact that my mother was basically on their asses that this was fucked (plus, they changed his medication at the last second as well... for no plausible explanation other than they apparently talked to the cardiologist... which they didn't).

They were rude, dismissive and acted like they couldn't be bother giving my father a damn towel when he requested it. They were slow, unresponsive, moved my dad around the hospital four times without reason other than "we need space..." and treated him like he was dirt.

So we went to another hosptial for his heart condition (this marks the fifth time) at Saint Bernardine, and they're fucking on his ass as if he was their golden goose. They're taking every single test in the world before they do a ablation for his heart flutter, which should help out his breathing (He has COPD due to second-hand smoke), problem, giving him more energy and feel like himself again. 

Never take your family to Redlands Community Hospital. Period. Not even if you are literally dying.

Back
Top Bottom