To Be Or Not To Be?

"Honestly, I think we're beaten here guys, this soldier is obviously too good for us." He tried to play on the soldier's pride for a free meal, as well an opportunity.

That waver was exactly what Zonrir needed. He sent a tendril to move quicker than the eye could see, knocking the gun away, "Thanks for the snack. I was hoping to flatter you a little more, but I suppose I'll have to get my fill by watching Fox News instead..." he slapped the soldier a few times, "Bal, Jacen, Any choice words for our new friend?"

Balnazzar smirked before the soldier was punched by Jacen, then kneed up before getting his neck snapped by Jacen.

"You are no fun." Balnazzar said. Jacen panted heavily.

"I apologize, as much as I like a good torture session, but we don't have much time to get out of here and somewhere safe." He said. A pager went off on the Soldier.

"Ello? You okay? Your sensors , report that your vital signs stopped. Hope it's just a bug, because there's the standard team honining on you." The pager operator on the other end of the line said. In response, Jacen and Balnazzar began to run down the street as fast as they could.

Zonrir booked it as well, "Did you HAVE to snap his neck?! No way we're getting away without incident now!"

"Couldn't leave a definite witness, leaving her at guess work for a little while longer." Jacen replied. There was a warehouse coming up on their left, which Balnazzar started to move towards.

Jacen nodded as The two ran inside. It was a standard warehouse after hours, filled with sealed goods and a lack of anyone inside.

"Either lose anyone in here or try our luck and hide." Balnazzar said, standing inside.

Jacen then fell to his knees, his body shaking and if looking like he's going to puke.

"We need to get out of here, there's too many!" He yelled. "And she's, she's coming."

"There's no way out of here Jacen. We have to hide." Balnazzar replied, going and opening a storage crate and hiding inside.

Zonrir hid inside a box under a bunch of rugs. "Being somewhat amorphous is nice."

Balnzaar and Jacen both hid inside the crate he had opened, Jacen having limped in.

Multiple soldiers ran inside, their heavy footsteps echoing through the warehouse.

"They ran in here!" One yelled.

"Don't search the place too much! This is our employer's own company's property, and I don't want anyone to get killed because we damage his goods." Another said.

Someone walked in front of where Zonrir, Jacen, and Balnazzar, causing them small pains all over their body.

"I, have, to, eliminate, her..." Jacen whispered.

"Don't! Bid your time, conceal your presence, bury your fury!" Balnazzar replied in a hush.

Zonrir kept himself hushed, fighting through the pain to shut himself the hell up.

The pain soon stopped as heavy footsteps left the warehouse, Balnazzar and Jacen spilling out of their hiding place.

"How... Did she get so strong?" Jacen asked.

"Your two's powers are still sealed right?" Balnazzar asked.

"For the most part." Jacen replied.

"Then there's someone else here." Balnazzar said.

Zonrir heard them say that, but was still trying so hard not to move... or make a sound.

"This, is getting weird." Jacen said, stumbling outside, with Balnazzar following after him.

---

Snow sipped coffee, sitting in an office building and staring at pictures of Jacen and dark creatures, behind those pictures a map of where they were taken.

"I'll find you. I'll find you."

Zonrir wiped off some sweat, "Those rugs are gonna need to be dry-cleaned now."

Back
Top Bottom