The Shadow Divison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Star

Red Jacket
Registration

http://boogaloocrews.com/showthread.php?tid=658
---

"For several years, this world has been protected by teams of people who, with mystical powers, have fended off those who would attempt to take it over through occult means."

In a desert, ontop of a temple, two women walked to each other. One was dressed in fabric to the point of almost being scantly clad, and the other was in pristine armor.

"Call them what you want, they certainly did manage to stop a number of people. They had failures, but they never stopped fighting. At least, the spirit of these teams."

The unarmored woman pulled something forth from her dress, a sort of blue gear. She then threw it behind her, opening a portal out of which spewed dark monsters. The woman in armor chuckled.

"In fact, I was one of the first members of these teams. Worked with them a while too. Until I retired and got my degrees. Running around in tacky outfits, saving the world."

The sound of a rockets cry filled the air, and a third woman in sand colored armor dropped from the sky next to the other armored woman.

"You might be thinking, so wait, you were a power ranger? In actuality, the Super Sentai stuff was fanfiction of us."

---

Rules.

The standard stuff, no god modding, etc.

This is a RP based off my memories of Power Rangers: Dino Thunder. As such it's inspired but not based off the Power Rangers  / Super Sentai universes. There are no zords / mechs, either. The premise of the story begins when a retired member of one of the teams dedicated to protecting the world decides in the aftermath of several people acquiring devices that would grant them the ability to take on the forces of shadow to form a new team, modeled after his orignal, the Shadow Division. Their mission is to stop the schemes of Lana, the Guardian of Time, and Sia Shadow-Walker, the Shadow Armor, who intend to improve humanity via transforming it into a race of half-shadow beings.

The removal of both the Ranger suits and the Zords would mean this wouldn't be Power Rangers in the slightest. Both of those two are what define Power Rangers and Super Sentai as a whole, especially when it comes to the Mecha being what differentiates Super Sentai/Power Rangers from their older relative Kamen Rider (Similar suits but no Mecha akin to Zords). In fact, the first two official seasons of Super Sentai had actually caused a bit of controversy in Super Sentai history in regards to whether they were official seasons or not solely because they were the only two seasons to lack a Mecha of sorts for the team to use to fight the giant sized Kaijin with.

So, in other words, if the mecha and suit were to be removed in the case of this RP, it wouldn't even be Power Rangers/Super Sentai, plus it also wouldn't qualify for being Kamen Rider either due to the lack of the suits as well. Then if that were to happen, there's going to be a difficult time with actually comparing this RP with Power Rangers seasons before it as well, especially if you want this to take place within the same overall timeline as Power Rangers as well.

Quite ironic that I was thinking of making a Power Rangers RP based on the other website but never gotten around it. I'm cool with being mechaless PR story; although you have to keep the suits since they're the essential core of the franchise (Mechaless is the same, but the core of the series is their outfits and the like).

ShineCero said:
Quite ironic that I was thinking of making a Power Rangers RP based on the other website but never gotten around it. I'm cool with being mechaless PR story; although you have to keep the suits since they're the essential core of the franchise (Mechaless is the same, but the core of the series is their outfits and the like).

Ya, I'll agree with the idea of not having Mecha since Kamen Rider more or less does the same and all, but we NEED the suits regardless.

ShineCero said:

One of the things I know would kill an RP is abritartey restrictions in terms of character designs. Came up with an entire tacky suits gag and explanation of why the leader ditched the old costumes. Well, guess I'll have to find a base for the costumes.

Grey Star said:
ShineCero said:

One of the things I know would kill an RP is abritartey restrictions in terms of character designs. Came up with an entire tacky suits gag and explanation of why the leader ditched the old costumes. Well, guess I'll have to find a base for the costumes.

I can pitch in for designing the costumes if you truly want me to. I'm already doing my own projects relating to such anyways, so I've got time to kill if it'll benefit the RP. Just give me the overall motif of the team in regards to what the team itself will be themed after and I'll get to work. Just at least be specific about it based on who joins the RP so I can design at least something that fits each individual ranger in the RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom