The Paris Opera House

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I wanted you two to follow me." The Dark Gunner replied to them, getting into the row boat and beckoning them. After they were in the boat propelled itself across the waters to the island bunker deep within. "Apologies for how dark it is here, but as a good deal of our members work in shadows, are shadows, and some have night vision, it's appropriate."

"There's no need for apologies." Doctor Shrooms stated. "Meeting of the Dark is a lot different in many ways in comparison of the Heroes Organization."

"So, we're heading off to fight something?" Engine-Man stated. "I hope this thing is hype up you people made it out to be."

"We're heading out so I can get you two up on the situation while my team sends themselves out to deal with the Solarian's astral projection." The Dark Gunner said getting off the boat as they reached the island, going into the house. Inside they could see bunks with injured men resting, men who had multiple bounties on their head, and a lot of paperwork and evidence storage. They were brought to the main room which currently included a computer screen of Booga, with a red mark on the Magician Square.

"After going quiet for a few months the Solarian's made his second move, and we think this is a cover for Jacen, whose been hiding out in a mountain cave and we've been unable to get to him." Said Vincent to Engine Man and Doctor Shroom as the Dark Gunner went to his control team, leading up his weapons with bullets.

"Either way, I'm heading out again and Vincent is coming with." The Dark Gunner announced with a click of his twin guns.

“This place gives me the creeps…” Engine Man thought to himself. “I could have sworn some of them are from the wanted list the Heroes Organization is looking for...” Engine Man continued in deep thought as he looked around. 

“Ah, I see.” Doctor Shrooms. “Well then, this is the best opportunity to see this weapons of yours. Tsuru would definitely be please of learning the effective this to replicate.” Shrooms turns to Engine Man. “I surely hope you will allow Engine Man to assist you on this mission.”

“I’m just sure secured your safety and protection. There’s no reason for me to get involved. Especially against something that I have no knowledge of in comparison to these guys.” Engine Man resorted.

"Come. Don't waste anytime." Doctor Shrooms went on ahead to joined the others on the boat. 

Engine Man was not excited about this. He let out of a sigh. "Fine.." H followed Doctor Shrooms towards the boat.

"Remember, the Solarian is powerful even compared to his own peers and has a fondness for fire magic, in addition even if he's weakened he's still a threat to a city, if he been' increased his power since he left Sola." Vincent said on the boat.

"And he probably has." The Dark Gunner replied. A few more Operatives were with them, and soon they disembarked from the boat and head to the backstage entrance of the Opera House, loading into vans.

"Threat to the city huh? These Solarians sounds like a bunch of monsters." Engine Man said.

"It would be interesting to see what they are capable of. Perhaps I can somehow captured bits of it's DNA and examined the potential of these .. beings." Doctor Shrooms said. 

"After the machine you created went haywire? I suggest simply observing the battle so you can informed the HO for now, doc." Engine Man responded. He turns his sight to Vincent. "My question for you; what would happen if mages decide to attack the man? Can he absorbed their energies?"

"Engine Man, please don't speak ill of their background." Doctor Shrooms began to sweat a bit. He doesn't want it to turned into conflict. 

"Well, it's kind of hard after being told that some freak of nature is capable of obliterating entire worlds." Engine Man responded.

"No different then Suyoi, Merlin, or even Image Man." The Dark Gunner interjected. "The Solarians were given power, capable of destroying cities if they choose, some worlds, but most of them live a quiet life as traders or mages."

"Still, I thought we didn't work with racists, leader." The merc said to which the Dark Gunner waved him off.

"He simply is ignorant."

"Ignorant?" Engine Man's voice became more rash. "I suggest you watch your tongu-"

"Stop it. Just sit there and be quiet." Doctor Shrooms said. "Please excuse Engine Man's behaviors. He means no harm."

"Neither does the bigot, he just thinks himself superior." The Dark Gunner said casually. "If you are going to be here Engine Man you must accept you're fighting a senient who lost someone so dear to them they see genocide as the apporiate response."

"Tsk.." Engine Man remained silent. 

"Well, with that out of the way, let's see this in action!" Doctor Shrooms stated.

A man in a dark set of clothing sat infront of the Paris Opera House, a paper in his hand and a small table set up. He looked out to the courtyard of the building, and glanced behind him at the flags for the conference stand.

"Well, thank you all for attending today. So, the Meeting is undergoing some changes in light of the Solarian attacking two separate places and getting stronger as he arrives, along with his asteroid ride, and we can't really forget the Port Garaham attack by the monster known as Broly occurring in recent years. The Desolate Lands is a vulnerable place and the Meeting has tried to use it's fortunes in the past to protect the people here, because a lot of us, the Meeting are from here. We want to protect all the shining faces... They may be homeless, hungry, sick, and dying, but they deserve to be protected from mass annihilation. We, can't really help with the living conditions... But we can protect these lands, and Booga, as best we can. And with this new initiative the Meeting is going under, maybe we can just find a way to help with the living conditions too." He said in a hopeful voice.

"We've reequipped our mercenaries we've been employing. No longer are they just brute force for the field agents and operatives, they're elite strike forces to deal with situations where subtly isn't exactly desired. These situations are of course when something is threatening a large group of people. Something to fight back against those who would harm us. A complimentary dish one would say, to the Heroes Organization. Depending where you live of course. If they are needed, they will come. To facilitate these upgraded strike forces, we've sought about securing the help of scientists and engineers of Empire State to assist in practical matters, and several black mages from the Brotherhood of Black Magic, to assist in super natural matters. These new highers will equip our strike forces with better gear and understanding of any threat they face. We hope their efforts here could contribute economic activity to assist the Desolate Lands." He said without pausing before taking a big breath with a cheeky grin.

"As for everyone who just cares about the Meeting being the primary stockholder in the Paris Opera House' ownership, we promise we won't be making all the plays about saving the world. I guarantee that." He remarked.

"Now, any questions?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom