The Knotted Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cernia huddled behind a thickly-leaved branch in the tree, watching Atlas tunnel underground before keeping her eyes on the clearing for an intruder.

Let's see who you are, mortal. Cernia thought with a calculating gaze, watching the clearing below with malice in her eyes.

Lightning Rider arrived at the location of where he heard the voices. He looked around, to see if he could spot them. "You better come on out! I know you're out there! So let's do this the easy way and show your faces!" Lightning Rider shouted.

Lightning noticed the arms popping out of the ground and jumped few feet back. 

"Nice try." Lightning Rider said as he landed. "So, you're the demons I heard about." Rider gives out a sinister smile. "Do me a favor and die for me, will ya? It will make this little task so much easier to impress my boss that way."

Stupid humans, always so over their heads. Cernia thought with a grimace. Hmph, think we're some game fowl to hunt for a prize? Absurd!

Although she kept herself hidden in the tree, a smirk of glee formed on her face. Too bad a place like this is just right for us. 

The demon let frost cover her hands and forearms. If only Atlas could get the wretched thing to back up towards her. But there's no harm in playing a little bit. Cernia remained in her spot, if only rising farther up into the tree to watch. Lots of possibilities to choose from, but for now it was essential to stay hidden. It didn't matter if he knew both of them were present. As long as she kept out of sight long enough, it would be Atlas's job to bait him.

From her spot, frost slowly began to accumulate and spread to the top of the branches. As she concentrated on guiding the ice, she would glance back down to the clearing.

"If things can't be easy for me, why should I make them easy for you?" Atlas shrugs, smiling.

He does a series of short hops and flings some mud at his aggressor, laughing.

"I like to fight dirty." XD

Lightning Rider took a few feet back as he held out both of his arms in front of his face to protect himself from the flinging mud. He lost his sinister smile, frowning from the answer he was given.

"As I expected. You demons always want to make things difficult, eh?" Rider closed his eyes for a moment. "Well, let's get.." When Rider re-opened his eyes, it was beaming with electricity and bore his smile once again. "Started!"

His body burst out high intensity of electricity, sending out multiple flares a few miles away from him in several directions of the forest. He then took a stance, as energy forming around the palms of his right hand. 

"I hope you're ready to be sent back to the Under World where you belong, Demon!" Rider shouted as he proceeds to rush towards him, aiming to slam the electric balls towards his stomach.

Random sparks hit Atlas from Rider powering up to no effect.

"Oh, you're a lightning user? I thought this was gonna be fun." Atlas laments.

Atlas allows his opponent to come close before shifting the land beneath them to either side.

"I'll return there when I'm good and ready. We've been up here too long as it is."

He's as good as a sitting duck with Atlas now. Cernia thought, a bored expression on her face as she raised herself to the top of one of the branches, raising her iced-up arms and thrusting them down, one folded over the other. Too bad.

Flung from her arms came a multitude of ice shards, aimed straight for the man now that Atlas gave her a clear shot after separating the land. She bore a sneer on her face.

Rider nearly lost his balance when Atlas shifted the land. 

"Whoa, nearly lost my balance there for a second." Rider noticed Atlas and himself had switched places, as he attempts to stand up. At first, he was confused about the point of this; however, he turned his head to the right to see what was coming behind his back. He let out a smile and turned back to Atlas.

"Trying to make this fun for me? I'm flattered, but I'm enjoying this way too much already." Rider said, with the energy in his hands still forming. 

In a split second, a beam of light straight shot the ice shards--resulting in a small explosion. The beam of light continued to fly through the sky before heading towards the demon, hidden the trees. A energy-like being, bearing resemblance to Lightning Rider, appeared in front of the demon and grabbed her by the arm.  

"You should never attack someone from the back, you know." The energy-like figure said.

Cernia was caught off-guard. "Huh!? H-hey! You lemme go!" She covered her free hand in ice as a fist and swung at the figure's head. 

"Buggy! He cheated!" Cernia shouted, stoming her feet on the branch. "Buggy, help! It won't let go of me!" She looked ready to cry and throw a tantrum. "No fair! Stupid human cheated!"

The energy-being was not fazed by the punches--since his body, it seems to be of pure energy as it was passing through his body, while still holding onto her. 

"Accusing someone of cheating when what you were doing was worse? Heh." The energy-being grinned a bit of how laughable the demon is throwing a tantrum of some sort. His arm began to glow very bright.

"Now the attention has shifted, let's play a bit? Try not to burn yourself out though!" A surge of energy, light up on Cernia's arm as the energy-being released high levels of voltage of electricity. It burns several trees around them. 

Rider smirked a bit as he continued to focus his attention to Atlas. 

"While the girl-demon is being kept at bay, no distractions would get in the way dealing with you." The energy in Rider's right hand continued to form into a reasonable size.

"Let's see how much a Demon can take punishment! Steam Eruption! Voltage Shot!" Rider once again rushes at Atlas, faster than what he was earlier. Steam began to be formed from the energy, covering the area with thick-smoke.

"Buggy!" Cernia screamed to a high pitch once she felt the surge course through her body, forcing her to double over in pain. It completely messed with her senses, but she refused to let out any more noise, clenching her teeth tight. Her pupils nearly disappeared until she wrenched her eyes shut. But she saw a glimpse of what was happening on the ground below her. There was no way she'd break free this easily, and it made her furious. 

This pain isn't comparable. Cernia curled back her lip in frustration. I won't allow it... I have to do something, if not for Atlas's sake! If I die here...!

Slowly she attempted to stand straight up again despite the attack, opening her eyes to reveal black sclera with bared teeth. Taking in shallow breath, she forced her back straight up again letting out a piercing scream of rage-- the sound was something that perhaps not even a demon could make. Once she let that out, snapping-cold winds struck outwards from her position. The chilling winds whipped through the trees, forcing branches to snap off from the violent force, made easier by the burns inflicted on the trees.

In her violent rage, the demon stomped as hard as she could to force the toasted branch she stood on to give way. She'd force as much debris to fly as possible, regardless if it would be a danger to her too. Whatever it took to be freed from its grip. 

"Wretched human...! Wretcheeeed!!"

"Cernia is going nuts. I'm gonna have to end this now..." Atlas thinks to himself.

He swings his arm in a sideways chopping motion to bring some mud from Rider's left at him. Whether he dodged it or not, Atlas dashes straight for his goal of Cernia in order to calm her down. Don't need her hurting herself doing something unnecessary.

"SnowGlobe, this guy isn't worth it! Back off and let me handle it!" Atlas yells.

Lightning Rider noticed the movement of the mud from his left, coming towards him. He'd quickly side-step out of the way of the direction to avoid getting get. However, this allows Atlas to run straight away from the battle.

"Where is he going?" Rider thought. He picked up a very powerful noise.  even able to make cracks here and there onto the ground they were standing on. He'd look up; his eyes changed in order to look through the dense, thick smoke covering the area he'd place earlier. From there, the source of the shrieking scream was known.

"Ah.." Rider grinned from cheek-to-cheek, nodding his head sideways. "This is no good.." He rushes towards Atlas, boosting his speed.

The smoke in the area began to act in an strange manner. The smoke became thicker the more Atlas ran. Eventually, a being that's completely made out of smoke, appeared in front of Atlas. Roughly the same size as Rider, the smoke took on a fighting stance.

"What's the hurry? Please don't make this any more fun than it already is, haha!" it spoke.

(Trees)

The energy-being was surprised of the sudden scream. Is this the power of an actual demon? The thought ran through it's mind. Noticing the body is reacting in a way that could pose a problem, along with the branch they're on giving out, the energy-being levitated upwards from the branch-whilst still holding her hand.  

"You need to chill out."

It dragged Cernia towards the sky in a instant. Flying across the clouds in different directions, in order to confuse her senses. It followed by spinning her around and tossing her further upwards, as the energy-being taken on a pose. He crosses his legs, and place his palms together. 7 balls of energy appeared above him. 3 of them were balls of "yellowish" light, 3 of them were balls of "darkness" and the final one is the mixture of the two. Using his left arm, he fires off the yellow balls of light towards Cerni

"Instant Paradice"

A mysterious smoke engulfed the area, making it hard for those around it to breath. Byll, a mutant of no origin, was the cause of this choking air. The smoke covered the fight between the demons and magic user. A large but thin figure appeared in front of Rider. His gas mask made it impossible to see his face. His presence was heavy and the air around him was even heavier.

"Rider." His voice was almost like a raspy robot. "You've been fooling around here for too long. Giga sent you a text message hours ago and when you didn't respond, he sent me to find you." Byll sounded very annoyed. "Quit playing with these things and report back to Giga!"

"Huh?!" Rider was attempt to attack Atlas from the back, but stopped in his tracks. He stood up, as the energy is still radiating around his left arm.

"Byll? What-" Rider heard that he'd received messages on his phone. He took out his phone, realizing he missed a few calls and several text messages. 

"Damn it, I was having fun with these freaks.." Rider said, looking at Byll. "You could not waited until I was at least ready to beat them to near death? One of them is literally on the verge anyways.." The smoke from one of Rider's energy-being was still covering the area.

"Just hurry up and get to Giga before he gets mad. Stop wasting time."

Byll growled under his breath and he seemed to glare at Rider before slowly walking away from the forest. He didn't seem interested in what the demons had to say or do so he left them alone. The thick poisonous smoke lingered for a while in the forest but will slowly disappear as the wind scatters it.

"Fine..." Rider said. "Just let me call off my energy then." Rider was rather disappointed that he wasn't able to have any more fun with the demons. He'd closed his eyes.

"Smoke and Pure. We're done here. Come back to me." Rider send a message towards the duo via telepathy. 

Pure, still remaining still in midair, waiting to launched the second series of his attacks overheard him. "Acknowledged." His body began to disappeared. "Lucky day, here I thought I can finally smashed some demons. Next time."

Smoke stood before Atlas, before overhearing Rider. "Understood."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom