The Endless Desert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobyl sweated a bit and jumped out her way. “Alright! You aren’t budging!” He swiftly ran away from her. “Guess that plans blows. The Dalv Tribe is gonna have our heads if we don’t find something valuable. Where the hell is Chern with that other one?”

=========

As Jacen travel through the hallways. There were tons of different paintings that represent the era of Desolate Lands as a land of beauty, life and prosperity. A complete contradiction of Desolate Lands as today. There was a giant door, emitting with black and green energy, is the last stop to meet the powerful dragon. 

Another roar came out, causing all the painting to rumbled, few of them fell to the ground as with other old paintings. It was Dragore’s way that he expect his forthcoming.

Sylvanas smirked walking him run away, going back to her spot. She glanced upwards, frowning, worrying for both her own safety and for Jacen's. She resumed her defensive position, as the attacks from earlier hadn't been dispelled.

- - - - -

Jacen returned the roar, his strength returning as he got ready to approach Dragore. His roar was quick, and though loud, was much quieter than before, much more reactionary. He paused on his walk to put the old paintings back where they had been, figuring they didn't deserve to be wasted like that. He took note of what seemed to be the Desolate Lands of history, before it had become Desolate.

Beautiful and ruined. Just like the Dragon Guardian's view on humanity. Jacen glanced at his own hand. Just like the sin that stains my eyes and soul.

After one last moment of reflection, the blue robed necromancer pushed open the black and green doors, ready to end this. To purify, or to die. Past the point of no return.

As Jacen entered the room, it was mostly empty, expect for the abundance of bones shattered around a gigantic creature. No windows and little lighting. The gigantic creature, the Dragon Guardian, spread its wings far and wide without feeling constricted with its length as it lays it eyes on Jacen. 

“Foolish…” Dragore is the most ruthless of the Dragon Guardians. He vanished many travelers that attempt to meet with him. Death is often associated with him, a contradiction due its position as a guardian of life, but now a bringer of death.

It dig it claw in the floorboard and let out another, might roar, generating wind pressure at the incoming Jacen. “Foolish... You have a death wish.”

Jacen walked into the room, making eye contact with Dragore. The blue robes billowed in the wind, flying backwards but remaining tied to the body. He spread out his arms, showing no weapons in his hands, and the gems that were floating around him fell into pockets within his clothing, disappearing from view.

"I don't wish for death. I have spent my life trying to master death, by becoming a murderer. My soul is black, my eyes are stained, and my heart is burnt. I cannot live, I cannot live as the monster I've become. My body could survive a century more, but what would be the point? I want to live a life worth living! I want to stop the slaughter I have done to everything in my path. I reject my path of death, I reject my own death wish! I am a necromancer, that is something I cannot change. But a necromancer doesn't have to be as evil, as monstrous, as I am. So I come to you, Dragore, the Guardian who Rejected Humanity, the Ravager Dragon. I am only three quarters human. My mother, human, my father, half alien. I lost my humanity so long ago. All I want, is to have it back. Please, help me change myself." He shouted up to the dragon, ending on one knee towards the mighty beast. His head bowed and eyes closed, he was submitting to the massive being. Unknown to Dragore, one of the twelve gems, one of the two that had been drained of all of it's stored energy previously, was sitting on the ground behind Jacen, waiting.

Dragore listened to Jacen’s story. He listened to the tales of countless slaughters Jacen had committed. He listened to a man who sought carnage, but now seeking redemption. “Blackened Souls are doom for damnation. Wishful thinking of cleaning your blood that imprinted on your body, and imagine that I can wash it away?”

Dragore blew the kneeing Jacen away with a breath. “I can offer my assistance. By eliminating that stain of the world that stood before me. Your destructive soul.” He spread his wings far and wide and let out a mighty roar as black flames scorched out of his mouth.

“I have no business of assisting a man that seek utter destruction.” An ironic statement from Dragore. He was beloved. He loved humanity, but humanity became a disgraced race and could not bear to save them. He will protect the world. That his duty, but humanity, to him, are a failed species. “Begone. Your blackened soul brings disgust in my home.” In a strange way, Dragore didn't start a fight.

Jacen looked up at hearing Dragore breathe, a wall of dark matter appearing in front of him to diverts the incoming wind away. Once the wind died, so did the barrier, revealing Jacen to be standing, determination gripping his body and resolve in his eyes.

"Well, have it your way then. I'll take my leave." He stated, before the gem on the ground flew up into his hand. He extended his arm forward, concentrating. The flames scorching out of Dragore's mouth began to be sucked out of his mouth, being drawn across the chamber's length, spiraling around before ending up drawn into the gem, nestling into it. The energy merely built up there, unused.

"But I'm walking away from my path of damnation, no matter what!"

Dragore narrowed his eyes upon the gem absorbing his darkened flames but hearing that he will continue to move to his path, he did not pursue it. “Someone with a heart dipped in black and the souls tainted with carnage tries to gain redemption. A foolish journey…” He thought about it. The dragon turned around and laid back down to resume sleeping.

======

The cactus monsters moved forward in position, seeing some attacks that the woman unleashed to the mutant. They send signals to one another to prepare for a defensive measure upon her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom