The Big Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neydis, at first, was concerned when Crismon took the gold back, thinking that this was punishment for his behavior. However, when he brought out the gold coins and stating that such coins is the same amount to the figurine he was eyeing… he started to sweat a bit.

“Let me just confirm something for a second…” Neydis checked one of the gold coin and confirmed that it is indeed real. “My word… um… do you have a license to obtain a Mysterious Being? Despite your, well, assets, you still need to show me that you’re qualified for such a thing.” He turned around, eyeing the purple dragon. “Especially something as … that.”

Crimson tilted his head and glanced over to the figuriene as well. Not seeing the inherent danger that Nedyis seemed to have.

"Well, yes of course." He stated casually, pulling out the license from his jacket. Placing it on the counter with an almost disregard for it. "I get it. Malefor. The Dark Master. One of the most powerful dragons to have ever been seen on the surface of Booga. I know that, because I was there the last time he was active." His face dropped for a moment, recalling the devestation he saw. But then, he suddenly steeled himself.

"But he has information I need, and I'm going to pay for it."

Neydis sweated a bit when Crimson explained his reasoning for desiring Malefor. All the figurines this man can choose from with his assets, he decided to pick the problematic ones. Neydis observed the license and confirmed that it was genuine. 

“Damn… I have no choice…” He thought to himself, deciding that protesting against this man’s request will not do any good and could drive away future customers. “Alright…” Neydis nodded and went to get the figurine.

"This Malefor has many summoners and all of them failed due to this thing's nature..." Neydis places the figurine on the corner. "There are a lot of negative consequences this can result from, so I hope you're prepared for anything that happens once you take this.”

Crimson pulled out one of his hand cannons from his coat, placing it on the counter. The gun itself was probably twice as large as it should be, all considered, and yet he treated it as if it were a mere paper weight. Sleek silver metal, coloration indicating either a rare or possibly alien alloy. It was quite clear it was on par with a legendary weapon, and that many deaths were a result of this gun.

"If he gets loose, these will certainly be able to bring him back under control. I assure you."

Neydis sweated upon seeing those weapons Crimson pulled out. "Well, happy trails for you and your adventure with this powerful ally. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Crimson shook his head, stowing away the hand cannons back into his jacket. Grabbing the Malefor figurine, he looked it over, some half hidden horror and half hidden hatred coming into the expression of his eyes. As if about to regret his purchase, Crimson instead turned and walked away, the shift in his movements as if some other mind has taken control.

"Thanks, giving a five out of five on Yelp, mentioning guaranteed security features." He remarked, heading out the door. Walking away, he got onto a motorcycle and drove away from the shop, heading to another destination.

“What a strange man.” Neydis waved as Crimson walked out of the store. “I hope he is satisfied with his order. Maybe I should rack up the prices for the really, really, uncontrollable ones.”

Not much longer after the previous customer left, another person entered; he kicked in the door roughly before peeking inside. It was Metal Bat, the hero who had helped earlier with the chaos going on in Hos Complex. Metal Bat trudged up to Neydis with his bat slung over his shoulders. "Took me long enough to come back here. Without the trains, this place is a long-ass walk...." He placed his hand on the counter trying to catch his breath. It looked like he was running nonstop because his trademark pompadour had several stray locks of hair hanging in front of his forehead. "We needa' talk about yer shop, Mr. Tlaw. It's an emergency."

"Well, well!" Neydis turned around, seeing Metal Bat. "I haven't seen you around here for a around, still kicking doors, huh? How's the Heroes Organization treating you? It's rare for summoners to let Mysterious Beings to walk among the people freely, haha." He let out a small chuckl, before becoming serious. "What is it?"

"They ain't half bad. I'm kinda here to talk to you on their behalf actually. Word on the street is that there was a summon by the name of Broly that destroyed Port Graham. I'd hate t' ask ya about how you run yer shop, but is there any in your collection that goes by that name?" Metal Bat inquired. "If there is, are ya willin' to tell me who was the last person that took him out?"

"I just came back from Hos Complex, it was under attack by an alien guy that was pretty high up on the Destruction scale. Just like Broly. Both of 'em practically destroyed the cities they attacked. He's gone now, but I heard he'll definitely come back soon. Not sure where the Broly guy went."

“Broly….” Neydis grabbed a book from under the desk and went through the pages in the B section. This book is record that keeps all purchases and items of Mysterious Figurines that came in and out of the store, along with brand new ones delivered by a strange group. 

“Ah, there it is… Broly; he is one of the unstable summons due to his unpredictable behavior and savagery, so he’s a hard bargain to use in a battle.” He looks at the identity of the person who purchases Broly. “It seems that it was someone part of the Heroes Organization.” 

He looks at Metal Bat. “To think Broly prove too much for him, that he went off and destroy the city…” Neydis shook his head. “Young folk get too excited for the new toy, only to find out that it’s beyond of what they’re capable of.”

Metal Bat scratched his head, confused. "The Heroes Organization? Who would need to use a guy like that?... that's odd." After a few moments of thinking it over, he spoke. "At any rate, Empire State's turning into a hotspot for trouble. I was just in Hos Complex and an alien guy from outer space just destroyed the whole place, and I'm pretty sure I heard some explosion not far off from where I took off. Maybe it'd be safe to not allow any more summons for the time being?"

“According to this reasoning, he just wants really strong guys… Edge-Man has a history of getting really, obscure requests for these things. I can’t deny him since he’s such a high rank….” Neydis explained. “Aliens…? Man, what has the world come too…” Neydis closes the book and put it underneath the shelves. “It would be best if summons aren’t used, but… I supposed I should restrict of giving people these things until the situation calms down.” He scratches his chin. “What are you planning to do with this knowledge?”

"Personally, I ain't got a use for it. Jus' gets on my nerves when someone bites off more than they can chew and everyone else has t' clean up the mess for 'em. But knowing it was a hero who did it, I definitely have to report it to the organization now. It would be bad if word got out since we're the only Guild Empirians can really depend on, ya know?" Metal Bat ran his hand through his messy hairdo, grimacing at how disheveled it looked. "I wouldn't want any sketchy people weaselin' their way into using a summon for bad things... or worse, takin' someone else's summon to do it with. If you get any troublemakers, call me over and I'll punch their lights out for ya."

Neydis nodded while chuckling. “Well, I’ll keep that in mind. Just make sure the Heroes Organization handled this matter quickly and check Edge-Man’s background.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom