Silly Stories and Fun Frolics

Alzoru's World Episode 14: Tale of a Pokemon Trainer (Part 2)

Umer City was now in sight. Jatak stretched himself out and rose from his bed. He made his bed and let Ata sit atop his head again. Ata made some cute noises at him and Jatak pet the young 'Kip. He went inside of the Gym, and found some other trainers waiting to challenge the place as well. One of them spotted him and immediately decided it was time to battle.

The enemy trainer sent out a Duncsparce. Battle's on! Jatak thought a moment and sent out Whairi. She bleeted and prepared herself for combat. Of course, Dunsparce is Dunsparce, so this battle doesn't really need to be described. Of course Whairi won.

As it turned out, that was that trainer's only Pokemon. Jatak wondered how in the world that must have happened. After that battle, he looked around at the other trainers around him who all looked like they wanted a piece of him. He shrugged and took them all on, one by one.

A variety of types were seen in this time, but many trainers had been smart enough to capture Fighting-Type Pokemon to deal with this gym. And Jatak managed to beat most of them up until he decided that he needed to cut this out and go heal up. Ata was bleeding by now, and Whairi was missing some wool- and also poisoned.

However, one trainer blocked his way and demanded a fight. Jatak tried to talk his way out, "My Pokemon are in really bad condition. If you beat me now, it would do you very little good indeed. You'd be defeating a weak opponent who can barely fight back. Where's the honor in that?"

"Shut up! You beat all these creeps and I wanna prove I'm better! Suck it up, coward!"

"You're the only coward here, you jerk."

"Fight me like a real trainer!"

Jatak's eye twitched, "I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!" He decked the other trainer in the face and ran off to go to the Pokemon center. The crowd of other trainers laughed at the guy who got punched. He had it coming.

Jatak waited in the lobby of the center, reading a magazine as he did. He knew it could be a good while before his two Pokemon were okay again. But of course, something has to happen while he's waiting. That same trainer from before comes in.

"Hey! What did you think you were doing?! I DEMAND a match! And when I beat you, you will kiss my feet and other humiliating stuff!"

"My Pokemon are healing right now, I'm afraid a battle is impossible right now."

"Then come outside, I'll fight you Man to man!"

Jatak sighed and smirked, "Funny, I seem to remember knocking you out before. Why not just wait for my pokemon to heal up? Either way, I don't think you stand a chance."

"You rotten little coward!" The trainer raised his fist and went to punch Jatak, but he moved out of the way and tripped the pathetic man.

"You're pathetic. Also, it's against the law to fight or battle in a Pokemon Center. I see Nurse Joy phoning the police right now. I suggest you stop."

"Shut up!" He started whailing on Jatak, throwing punch after punch to try to hurt him. Jatak was groaning in pain, but did his best to avoid the attacks until the police arrived.

He succeeded in staying concious and watched that guy get arrested. He was arrested too, since technically he was part of the fight as well, but after questioning and eyewitness accounts, it was clear that Jatak was innocent here. He was set free after one night in prison.

And after that night, he was pleased to find his Pokemon as good as new. "Thank you, Nurse. Say, why are you called a nurse when you're clearly a full trained doctor for Pokemon?"

"Nurse Joy is a title- My real name is Aisha Le'verre, you see. We still get paid like doctors, we just also get a cute little title!" She explains with a wink.

"I thought all Nurse Joys were related?" He says, a bit flabbergasted.

"That's just silly." She replies with a shrug.

"That... explains a lot. And it also makes me a little relieved. Have a nice day... Aisha." He waves at her and leaves.

He returns to the gym, and this time he goes inside where two trainers stand, one closer to the door, the other farther in. Deep inside, he can see Janette waiting on a couch, lying down.

Now it was time to get serious. He started to walk in when his phone started ringing... "Ring ring ring, ring ring ring, phone call! Phone call! Ring ring ring, ring ring ring, phone call! Phone call!"

He answered it, "Hello?"

"Young man you have three minutes to explain why you were arrested yesterday or so help me I will teleport over to your location and talk your ear off!"

"Mom?! It wasn't my fault, I swear! Also, did you change my ringtone again?"

He spent the next few minutes explaining himself to his mom, then set his ringtone to a "Pollyanna" as it appeared in the SNES game, "Earthbound." Afterwards he sighed and challenged the first trainer in there.

"Funny," He began, "I was expecting a puzzle."

"Our Gym Leader isn't much of a puzzle person, as it turns out." The older woman explains. "Weren't you one of those kids that got arrested yesterday?"

"Can we not talk about that? Please and thank you."

"Right, well, I'll send my pokemon out first. Pidove, go!"

"Whairi! I chooseth thee!"

His mareep appeared out of its ball and bleeted at him in greeting.

"Electric, good choice," The woman complimented. "Pidove, Quick Attack!"

"Whairi, Thunder Wave!"

Pidove's quick attack may have hit first, but it was unable to avoid the Thunder Wave at such close range. It was paralyzed!

"You fate's sealed now, Thundershock!"

"Quick Attack again, try to dodge that!"

Pidove was unable to move. Thundershock hit its mark perfectly.

"Wrap this up, Thundershock again!"

"Dodge and use Peck!"

This time, Pidove was able to avoid the shocking attack and peck at Whairi.

"Thundershock, one more time!"

"Try the same as last time!"

It was unable to dodge. Pidove fainted.

"Heh. Nice job. Go on ahead!"

Jatak nodded and went to the next trainer, a young man who couldn't have been much older than himself. "Hey kid, I hope you're ready, because I won't go easy. Go, Lickitung!"

"I won't go easy, either. Whairi, I'll let you take this one, too!"

She nodded and bounded over to his side. She bleeted at her competition.

"Lickitung, use Lick!"

"Use Thunderwave!"

Both Pokemon would now end up paralyzed.

"Well, this is awkward." Jatak sighed, "Pull yourself together and use thundershock!"

"Use Bide!" That command filled Jatak with fear. He knew what Bide was capable of.

The Lickitung crossed its arms and took the thundershock, radiating with an aura.

"Growl at it!" Jatak ordered, knowing full well not to attack during the Bide period.

The Lickitung stood there, still cross-amed while Whairi lowered its attack.

"Growl again!"

Whairi was too paralyzed to attack. It was time for the Bide Strike. Whairi looked pretty dazed after the hit, but she got up.

"Thundershock, Go!"

"Bide again!"

"Oh come on!" Jatak growled. But his annoyance was short lived- Thundershock hit, but Lickitung was unable to move. He smirked.

"Finish it off, Thundershock!"

"Double-edge!"

The Lickitung ran up to Whairi, and hit her hard. She was unable to move.

"I gotta switch. Return, Whairi!" He sent her into her ball. "Ata, if you please?" He asked his mudkip.

Ata jumped off of his head, "Kip!" He looked ready.

"Finish it off, Tackle it!"

"Double edge!"

Of course Ata hit first, that Lickitung was paralyzed. It fell down in defeat.

"Heh, my hat's off to you, trainer! What will you do now?"

Ata climbed back onto Jatak's head, and Jatak turned around, "Go and heal. I can't challenge Janette with my Mareep in this state."

"Wise choice!" The man compliments.

The next day, Jatak returns and stands before Janette. She rises from her couch and stretches out, winking an eye as she says the following: "Well, what do we have here? A young challenger? I'd recommend you get some more experience as a trainer before you fought me. But I suppose you did prove yourself yesterday. So I'll just ask- Are you sure you want to battle me?" She finishes stretching.

"Yes," Jatak says confidently, "I know what my strategy is. I'm confident in my team." He says with a smile and an arm-crossed pose.

"So be it. I warn you though... I'm NOT going to take it easy. I shall begin. Start us off, Sentret!" She sent out her Sentret. It looked sleepy, but quickly woke itself up.

"Whairi! I choose you!"

"Reeep!" Whairi came out of her ball and prepared herself.

"Pokemon battle," Janette began, "Ready!" a Referee came to judge.

Jatak uncrossed his arms and pumped his fist into the air, "GO! Whairi! Thundershock!"

"Interesting, I thought he'd start with Thunderwave. Use Defense Curl!"

Being a special attack, the defense curl didn't actually lessen the damage inflicted by thundershock.

"What is she up to...? Use Thunderwave, go!"

"Dodge and use Rollout!"

"Ahh, so that's why she def- Oh crap." Jatak realized what this meant.

Whairi was hit hard with the Rollout Attack, but she still stood- and while her thunderwave may have missed, her static ability paralyzed the enemy anyway.

Jatak smirked, he already had an advantage. "Not what I was expecting, but I'm not complaining. Use Thundershock again!"

"Keep using Rollout!"

The shock hit hard, but Rollout hit Whairi harder. Nevertheless, she grit her teeth and continued to stand.

"That's my girl! Thundershock, one more time! That should do it!"

"Rollout, go for it!"

Thundershock hit, but while it didn't finish off the enemy, the sentret was unable to move.

"Thundershock it again, if it isn't broken, don't fix it!"

"Rollout on the same principle!"

Unable to take another thundershock, the sentret fainted mid-roll and skidded a few feet forward on the floor.

"Sentret is unable to battle, the gym leader must use her next Pokemon."

"Return Sentret! Go, Lillipup!"

"Whairi, you return, too! Ata, if you please?"

Ata jumped down from his head, "Kip!"

"Round two, begin!" The referee commanded.

"Ata, Tackle!"

"Tackle it back!"

The two slammed into each other at full force. Thanks to his training, Ata didn't really take all that much damage.

"This time, try mud slap!"

"Dodge and use Tackle again!"

The Lillipup was fast enough to dodge, but Ata wasn't about to give up. Neither was Jatak.

This time, Jatak stared at the gym leader for a second, and waited for her to make a move, "Quick Attack!" She yelled.

"Ata, wait for it to get close and use Mud-Slap!"

Ata may have been hit, but this time he connected his attack.

"Clever, clever. You waited for me to make my move."

"Like you've been doing to me. But this time, I'll make the first move. Tackle it!"

"Quick Attack again!"

They hit each other again, but Ata is still generally stronger.

"It won't be long now... Ata, water Sport!"

"What are you up to... Quick attack!"

Ata covered the floor in water, which caused the opponent to slip and slide at high speed

"Tackle it, go!"

And that was it.

"Lillipup is unable to battle, the winner is Jatak!"

Ata weakly went over to Jatak, happy with himself. Jatak put his exhausted mudkip on top of his head.

"Very clever, making the floor slippery with water. I'd say you deserve this Pawn Badge, kid." She took out a box with the badge inside. It looked like a fancy Pawn Chesspiece.

He took the badge, "Thank you. It was a great battle." He put the badge into his badge case. "I got the Pawn Badge!"

End of part 2

Ever wanted to know about what my worlds used to be like? Here's your chance.

Trigger warning: Rape mention

Alzoru's World Episode 15: Nafine and Yardolme behind the scenes

Hi, readers. This is Al talking to you directly again. Ever wanted to know how Nafine and Yardolme came to be? Or how they got to their current state? Well I'm going to tell you how they came to be and how they got where they are now. And tell you a little bit about certain other things.

So, let's start with Nafine. In the beginning, Nafine was known as Naphin. Naphin started as an alternate version of modern-day Earth but with dragons... and other weird stuff. This was way back in highschool when all my characters were Mary Sues with too many powers and abilities.

At this time, Al Dragonia was my sona and I overpowered him to heck and back. Among other things he could breathe fire, had psychic powers, had a gold super mode, and was a genius inventor. It was stupid.

But most roleplayers have their godmodding stage- some never seem to leave it. I'm glad that I did, though. It wasn't until my graduating year that I started to think that al of this was really freakin' stupid. So, my old universe got a hard reset and slowly Naphin started to shape into something more than just an alternate earth.

In 2012, if I remember correctly, I made a global map of Naphin and began to really think more about what it was like. The basics for its solar system began to come up, and while many things would change, some things would survive to this day. The original concept for Wyvitira showed up as well, but back then I gave it the stupid name "Wyvernia" which embarrasses me to this day.

When I first thought of Naphin I thought that it should have one big super-contintent, but that got thrown out the window even before I drew the map- the old version of which is still on my Deviant Art account, I think.

Now for some novel stuff- no spoilers, I promise. The story, believe it or not, began as an RP idea inspired by Kingdom Hearts, wherein Disney Characters become awesome and kick butt. The basic idea was this: "What if I took a bunch of my characters and made them all kick butt? And what if I made my main character a king?"

And thus began the long and complicated road to fleshing out and improving what started out as an alternate universe to my main one, but would eventually become a huge part of the Main Canon. Now there would be some things that got changed, some things added, some things removed. For example, the Main Character went from being Al Dragonia, to Alotrix Dragonia (If I remember correctly), to the current name of Aloterix Daragoni. On top of that, he went from being just another version of my self, to being a character that while I would love to meet and be friends with isn't necessarily me.

Another huge change was the role of Rika Levias, who in almost every RP I do with her is an evil lady who rapes and causes rape to happen to almost everyone she encounters via mind control and other underhanded methods so she can get pregnant and take over the world with her children so she can create a world free of prejudice. As you can imagine, she was originally going to be a villain, but as I developed the world and story more and more, I realized that Ali needed a mother and I didn't have anyone who could do it- not only that, but I decided that Durakuni women shouldn't have breasts because they're not mammals. Then I came up with a solution to both problems. I would make Rika Ali's mother, and also make Rika decidedly not evil.

For me, the decision to make Rika good was not only a stroke of genius, but it also makes me giggle a little inside because I always think of what she's usually like in roleplays, and it just does not fit. If these two versions met each other, Queen Rika would despise and pity her other self while original Rika would be -phenominally- jealous.

As I began to develop the world and the language system of Naphin, I realized that that name wouldn't quite fit their language conventions, and thus "Nafine" became the new name. Moreover, the continents got renamed, King Aloterix got dongraded to ruling a contninent and then further downgraded to one country on that continent. Things became more thought out, more believable, more streamlined, and in general just felt like it was getting better.

One vestige of the silly and distant past that remains in the novel that I'm going to have to rewrite eventually is The Sacred Order of the Tuning Fork, an artifact from the original RP and just a silly thing altogether. I tried to justify it in the novel by saying that using such a ridiculous weapon would make your enemies not take you seriously, which will give you a great advantage. But the more I think about it, the more I think it's got to go.

Now for Yardolme. To put it simply, the original idea for it was: Take BIONICLE, remove the robotics, even out the gender ratio, and add furries. Oh, and remove the overly complicated plot lines while I'm at it. This started with an RP where there was a whole elemental solar system threatened by a galactic darkness. This RP didn't get too far. The next stage was to condense this to just one planet on one continent. And thus Yardolme was born.

Yardolme went through a few stages before reaching its current state- originally I had more elements and tribes than I do now! I had two more- Stone (snake people) and Ice (Polar bears) but decided that having Stone and Earth in the same setting was redundant. Then, much later, I decided that ice was also  redundant while I had water. I know that in BIONICLE ice existed more as an antithesis to fire, but Toa of fire were stated as being able to create cold, and Ice Toa able to create heat which only made the redundancy worse.

Sure, you could make the same argument of light and shadow, but here's the thing- Light and Shadow are always at odds with each in almost any media, and part of almost any fantasy world's major themes, while Fire and Ice are only sometimes part of it. Basically, the dichotomy of light and shadows deals more with philosophy and ideals than actual photons and dark voids while the dichotomy of fire and ice, heat and cold seem to run on the misunderstanding that heat and cold are two different energies, when in fact they aren't- cold is literally just a lack of heat.

At some point I MIGHT be rid of the shadow tribe, but I kind of doubt it. I've tried to make Yardolme an RP so many times, but to my sorrow it never works out. It's sad because I consider it to be my Magnum Opus of Rps. So instead I just post hypothetical snippets of story junk as part of Alzoru's world.

And while yes, The Kingdom of Daragoni is now being made a novel, I'd happily trade that for a good RP if I had the chance- granted it'd need to be an RP with lots of people, but as long as everyone has fun and nobody tries to hijack the story or godmod, I'd be happy enough. But I'd be extremely happy if everyone involved had fun.

Basically, all I really want is to have a big and awesome RP experience wether it be via forum, or a huge Skype group. But of course, the novel is still on and maybe I can put it on Ebooks or something if/when it ever gets done.

I'm Alzoru Ledura and I really hope I didn't rub people the wrong way with anything I said here. See you all next week (Or maybe sooner) when I probably return to the Nafinian Legends Series.

Nothing clever to say here.

Alzoru's World: Episode 16, History of Nafine in short

Keep in mind: Nafine keeps track of time and years differently than we do. Rather than a BC-AD system, they count the years since recorded history was invented. Any date before that is referred to with a negative number.

Roughly year -450,000: Early Wyrana begin to evolve around the coastline.

Roughly year -420,000: Early Ordelaka and Munitara appear in the mountains.

Roughly year -400,000: Early Lynada and Lugani appear in the desert and Savannah, respectively.

Roughly year -370,000: Early Ampitera and Wyveri start to evolve in the rainforest and foothills

Roughly year -300,000: First tools and weapons start to appear in the form of crude clubs, arrows, and other early-stone age tools.

Roughly year -290,000: Most Durakuni that could fly become unable to fly anymore.

Roughly year -260,000: Ordelaka, munitara, and Wyveri lose fire breathing abilities.

Roughly year -220,000: Oldest known settlement is formed by a joint effort of Ampitera and Lugani on the outskirts of Wivetana's jungle. Settlement is abandoned after about 50 years due to food sources becoming scarce.

Roughly year -200,000: Ordelaka notice the industrious work of Munitara and enslave them with superior might. Cave paintings from this era show that the servtitude was likely less than pleasurable.

Roughly year -190,000: Likely time of Discovery of magic

Roughly year -160,000: Ampitera discover agriculture, allowing for permanent settlements near rivers. Soon after, they teach the Lugani and so on.

Roughly year -110,000: Munitara use their superior intelligence to escape their slavery and leave the mountains. They learn the secrets of agriculture and become well-known traders.

Roughly year -105,000: Ampitera build the first great city in the jungle, a thriving trade station built into the trees to keep each house safe from floods.

Roughly year -77,000: Ordelaka pillage and destroy the great Ampitera city and almost drive the Ampitera to extinction.

Roughly year -50,000: Lynada build a thriving desert city around a springfed oasis. It lasts for nearly 5,000 years before the spring dries up.

Roughly year -45,000: First true shrines and temples begin to be built.

Roughly year -30,000: Pottery is invented by Lugani, allowing us more information on the lives of prehistoric Durakuni.

Roughly year -20,000: City built within a mountain near a waterfall built with help of several races, marking one of the first cities to accomodate all races.

Roughly year -8,000: The age of cities begins with more and more popping up anywhere there is water and/or plenty of food.

Roughly year -7,200: First true monarchs appear

Roughly year -6,000: First domestic animals are tamed and bred.

Roughly year -4,000: Wyvitaki leaves aformentioned mountain city with a large posse and lays the foundation of Wyvitira in the jungle.

Roughly year -3,700: Wyvitaki's descendants all die out, leaving the throne empty. Anarchy chokes Wyvitira for a hundred years before a new dynasty begins.

Roughly year -2,000: Temple of Akanoto and Momoshi built in Wyvitira, tyrant overthrown in what will eventually be Orkati.

Roughly year -1,970: The Akantiru appears in modern Orkati, inspiring the use of stone swords.

Roughly year -1,200: Wars break out resulting in shifts in the balance of political power. Wyvitira has a new royal family.

Roughly year -350: New forms of government appear in some city-states.

Roughly year -70: Wheel invented

Roughly year -50: Daragoni family comes into power.

Year one: Bread is discovered by accident in the far south. Discoverers invent a code and write down the recipe, marking the invention of written word.

Year 17: The river feeding Wyvitira changes course, leaving the port completely dry for the larger part of each year.

Year 50: Written language becomes widespread among most cities, and bread becomes an incresingly important part of society.

Year 80: Numerics are refined and mathematics are invented.

Year 120: The first guild is established in a city in modern Tekale.

Year 140: The first currency is invented, making simple barter mostly obsolete.

Year 149: Copper is discovered and made into tools.

Year 150: War chariots first come into being.

Year 163: Colonists arrive on islands of Nofuku

Year 180: First war in recorded history happens between two savannah cities, which results in the first nation to have more than one city.

Year 200: More wars and alliances lead to more and progressively bigger countries.

Year 201: Maramazu invents the modern school system.

Year 255: King Fadimara Daragoni has the dry riverbed filled up and the ports demolished in Wyvitira.

Year 259: The same King then conquers several smaller cities to spread his glory across the lands.

Year 270: Plague wipes out the small city of Feferina, which remains in ruins to this day.

Year 400: Other metals begin to be discovered.

Year 500: Ampitera race re-discoverd in the jungle after years of being thought extinct.

Year 580: Most kingdoms now accept the use of magic and have established mage guilds.

Year 600: New nations continue to form on Wivetana.

Year 890: Most of Wivetana continent explored, mapped, and colonized.

Year 900: Coloseum built in Wyvitira as a means to entertain the masses and kill major criminals.

Year 1,230: Iron discovered.

Year 1,231: New kinds of weapons and armors made from Iron allow for improved warfare.

Year 1,300: Wyvitira renames the country it runs "Wyveli."

Year 1,390: Wyveli becomes the largest country on Wivetana. Through war, alliance, marriage, and espionage.

Year 1,430: Islands of Nofuku become an independant nation

Year 1,520: Wyveli goes to war with several countries on the other side of the great mountain-range to no avail.

Year 1,610: Wyveli and Tekale sign a peace treaty, marking the beginning of an everlasting friendship.

Year 1,670: Daragoni family kicked out of Wyvitira for a new dynasty to begin.

Year 1,750: Daragoni family takes the throne back.

Year 2,000: Discovery of smelting and alloys

Year 2,279: Declaration of Alizikta Daragoni

Year 2,300: Island of Zamulo discovered and colonized by Belaka.

Year 2, 320: Gunpowder discovered, firearms invented

Year 2,360: Zamulo declares independence.

Year 2,400: Civil wars cause nations to split into smaller nations.

Year 2,450: Era of peace befalls Wivetana

Year 2,560: New continent of Arix discovered.

Year 2,561: Countries race to build faster ships and better soldiers to claim Arix and its many resources.

Year 2,562: Country of Wekasi Reaches Arix first and makes the first colonies on Arix

Year 2,563-2,598: More countries race to claim Arix, leaving it a mess of mangled and disputed borders.

Year 2,600: War breaks out on Arix over borders and territory. Independance is claimed by some, and chaos overtakes the new continent.

Year 2,661: Mokaku continent discovered, rinse and repeat.

Year 2,721: Mokaku colonies rebel and begin to form independant nations.

Year 2,800: Industrial revolution begins In Kazane and spreads across the world, leading to new inventions and new culture.

Year 2,900: First Nafinian automobile

Year 2,910: First moving pictures

Year 2,911: First animated feature

Year 2,915: Wyvitira coloseum repurposed for modern sports.

Year 2,923: Wyveli and Tekale leaders get Married, unifying the countries after years of friendship.

Year 2,957: Durakuni equivalent of Olympic games begin

Year 2,991: Rutusu discovered, and another race to colonize begins.

Year 3,000: Durakuni equivalent of academy awards established

Year 3,011: Television invented

Year 3,012: First news station

Year 3,015: First saturday-morning cartoons

Year 3,023: First aeroplanes come into existence.

Year 3,050: Even more new lands and continents discovered

Year 3,080: Nafine world map complete

Year 3,110: Most places on Nafine colonized.

Year 3,130-3,195: Nafine World war 1

Year 3,200: Nafinian UN built in Anylka's capital city

Year 3,300: Golden era of prosperity

Year 3,378: Technological race sends first Durakuni into space

Year 3,401: First Durakuni land on Sikiteriku, Nafine's largest moon.

Year 3,407: First Durakuni land on Nafine's other moon, Namati.

Year 3,411: Probes sent into space to scout other planets in the system

Year 3,429: Animation revolution produces new forms of art.

Year 3,461: First video games

Year 3,490: Search for life in the Sevaza system begins

Year 3,530: Sugggestions for Terraforming of several bodies begin.

Year 3,590: Wizards and Scientists join forces to create new magical technology. Internet invented.

Year 3,670: First proper long-term space stations begin to arise.

Year 3,760: Plans for new and improved space flight begin, nations begin to join forces again.

Year 3,790: New space ships make space travel easy and are mass produced

Year 3,800: Space travel becomes commonplace.

Year 3,890: Colony established on Sikiteriku

Year 3,920: Colony established on Namati

Year 4,001: Colony established on Lotoma

Year 4,016: Sikiteriku colony destroyed by meteor strike

Year 4,032: Sikiteriku Terraform project begins, Colony 001 re-built and optimized.

Year 4,039: Daragoni family overthrown along with Wyveli monarchy. Government replaced with new republic.

Year 4,052: First contact with Humans

Year 4,053-4,102: War with humanity

Year 4,103: Official peace treaty between Humans and Durakuni

Year 4,200: Outer-planetary marriage legalized.

Year 4,300: Nafine unites as one nation

Year 4,350: Most bodies in Sevaza system terraformed and colonized

Year 5,000: Galactic exploration project begins.

Year 5,000 and beyond: ???

Another really silly one.

Alzoru's World: Episode 17, Another silly story for the masses.

Once again I find myself in a big and weird pickle. I got stuck in a traffic jam in Miami, and I had been waiting for most of an hour to get out of it and if that wasn't bad enough, I made a wrong turn at Albuquerque and ended up in Spain.

Sometimes I swear I might as well be a Looney Tunes character, and it doesn't help that I got to play Cards Against Humanity with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck while I was in Spain. Daffy won.

So after goofing off in Spain, I decided to take a right at Barcelona and I ended up in Turkey. Don't ask how I managed to get inside of a bird, I think it mistook me for a giant worm. Apparently there was a whole country inside of that turkey, so I guess I wasn't alone in there. Eventually I took a plane out of there and it was cool.

I sort of crashed the plane in Tanzania though, but while I was there I decided I might as well dig for fossils. Tanzania is a great place to find Jurassic Period Fossils! (No, seriously, it is!) After only finding a bunch of semi-precious gems and human remains for most of the day, I finally found exactly what I was looking for! A fossilized Jurassic Twinkie!

I decided to hitch a ride home on the Loch Ness monster who was vacationing there, but they took me to Brazil instead. I got lost in the Amazon Rainforest and stopped an illegal logging operation with nothing but a spoon, a glowstick, and my fossilized twinkie. After that I finally got home and fell asleep only to somehow wake up inside a giant pickle jar.

That was my day today. Now could somebody let me out?

Archaeology returns.

Alzoru's World: Episode 18, Search for the Truth: A Lost City

There have been legends passed down since ancient times. Tales of treasure, tales of magic, tales of heroes and villains, tales of people who did important stuff.

Today, Akankari 7, 1951 Our team of Archaeologists is investigating a strange discovery in the central mountains of the Wivetana Continent. Found by an amateur archaologist, it appears to be an abandoned city carved inside of a mountain. Now our team is going to try to find the answers to many questions.

Who built this city? How old is it? Why did they leave? Do they have any decendants? What was their culture like? So many questions, but now it's time to get some answers.

20 Archaelogists altogether have joined this expedition into this ancient and forgotten city. Head Archaeologist Sarobo Aktarono the Munitara thinks that this lost city is most likely prehistoric and built by Ordelaka or Wyveri.

The city has several mossy and moldy canals carved into the rock, at first we thought that the ancient people who lived here might have brought water here to fill these canals manually, but about six days into investigation, water started flowing through them without anyone having brought any, and by following it, we found a cave-in with water trickling through several boulders.

It took another four days to clear the rocks, and our team discovered that the canals went outside the mountain and into Wyveli's rainforest where the canals could collect rain of the monsoon. Also relevant in the search was the discovery of two large but heavily damaged revolving systems that they believe probably existed for the sake of flood control, one of which was located at the head of the canal system where the water originated, and the other at the city's entrance where excess water may have been drained away. An ingenious system.

Pottery shards and other artifacts start to emerge along with stone chests that are mostly empty save for some ancient flour dust. Then the orginal theory is shattered when they find several stone slabs in a building, which have writings carved into them. Strangely, the carvings are not any known dialect of Common Durakuni, but seemingly another language entirely, one with only 16 letters in its alphabet.

This disproves Sarobo's initial theory of the place being prehistoric, and it is further disproven when the pottery is dated back to the year 33. The Archeaologists find yet more oddities. There is a very large domed building with wall art and statues that they believe is a temple to an ancient order of forgotten gods. Many more carvings are uncovered, but this language has never been seen before, so nobody here can read it.

The city inside the mountain is getting more and more mysterious and interesting the more we go on, and even more interesting is the discovery of a strange pedestal. It's a circle roughly eight meters across with six half-meter circles on its outer edges, each equidistant from each other and each containing a symbol and an empty groove in their center. However, one of the circle's grooves is not empty. It contains a ring made of bone and inlaid within is a quartz stone.

This is eerily similar to a Bedtime story written in the year 550 by a well-renowned fanasy author who told the tale of a great city forged by wizards and smiths who created six rings of gold, each inlaid with a different gem and each imbued with vast elemental power, and a pedestal just like the one in the mountain city called "The Threshold" where the rings were kept. If a ring were removed from the threshold, the city would be plagued by a natural disaster related to the stolen ring. As long as all six rings were present at the threshold, the city would thrive.

In the story, the forces of evil stole and hid all six rings, plunging the city into horrible chaos. 600 great soldiers split into six groups 100 strong each to retrieve the rings, but only seven would return, at least on for each ring and a pair of twins carrying the final. They returned the rings to their resting place and the city thrived once again.

Could this tale be more than just legend? Perhaps the author, Lord Kubali III, was not just inventing the story, but exaggerating and slightly changing the tragic tale of a real place deep inside a mountain.

It seems to check out: Lord Kubali mentioned an ingenious canal system that prevented floods in the story, and that many residents spoke a strange and foreign tongue. Perhaps he was inspired by whatever tragedy this city faced

And there is evidence of tragedy. A few Durakuni skeletons are found in some houses, mostly Ordelaka and Wyveri with a few Lugani. What other secrets lie in the city in the mount? With many artifacts discovered just in the first week, this dig has been promising so far.

One Month passes on the expedition, and the end of the year is drawing close. Momokari 7, and we still can't identify this city with a name other than the one from the bedtime story, "Tosokara," and we've been referring to it as such for convenience sake.

It seems like the city was abandoned for several reasons. We've confirmed that the damage to the flood system most likely happened during the time this place was still inhabited, and made it impossible for the canals to retain water. If that wasn't enough, there are signs of pest infestations, which likely led to disease. To top it all off, there are several signs of damaged infrastructre, and it's very likely that the citizens feared a cave-in.

All artifacts together suggest that this city was first built around the year -100 and survived until the year 213 when it was abandoned. There is also evidence that the citizens were prepared for war, because a sealed armory full of copper weapons and armor was found near the big temple. Art on the walls also suggests war preperations.

However, we still cannot say much about their culture. With no way of translating their writings, we may never know for sure what these people were like, but we do know that they made pottery and that they were preparing for war. We also think that they served a different pantheon of gods based on we found in what we believe is a temple. We know that they were ingenious engineers based on their canal and flood control systems.

What other secrets elude us in this mountain city? One last find suggests that they most likely used Onyx and some other minerals for currency, not too unlike the Wurona of Medieval Wyveli. While there are many things we still don't know, this find is likely to attract many curious visitors until the infrastructure eventually collapses.

Furekidu 44, 1954: a book has been found in the Great Library of Wyvitira that describes a mountain city named Tororoga that precisely matches the city we found in the mountain. According to this book, the Durakuni there were "hedonistic heathens that were at war with the church of Akanotko who sought to destroy the sinful place." The book also says that it was the church who destroyed their flood control system, the rest they credit to Akanotko and the great pantheon.

After the people were rooted from their city in the mountain, the church of Akanotko slaughtered or converted the remaining people, and thus the place was abandoned. While we cannot say for sure that these people really were hedonistic or wicked, we now know that their civilization was essentially wiped out. As for descendants, a few did survive and their genes may live on in millions of Durakuni all over Nafine.

The mystery of the mountain city is now finally solved, for the most part. A few questions still remain, but at the very least we now know its identity and what happened to its people. And from now until the eventual complete cave-in, the city of Tororoga will be a popular tourist destination and a piece of Durakuni History.

Momokari 22, 1977: Tororoga finally caved in, killing six tourists and a tour guide in the process. And now the city of mysteries is buried under many layers of unforgiving stone.

Due to the apparant inability of this forum to handle copy-pasted material, Alzoru's World will no longer be available here. However, you can still keep up with it on my DeviantArt account

This is a test to see if I can still do this topic by virtue of attachments.

Attachments

• Ep 18.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom