Reality Vortex Old Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Z ~

Black Jacket
Hello all,

With the popularity of Reality Vortex at an all-time high, it's about time we make a discussion thread for all those burning questions and interesting ideas. This is also the thread you can go to in order to further explain your ideas/thoughts, request suggestions for your ideas/OCs, and keep in touch with the latest Reality Vortex news. Please note that although we have a Reality Vortex channel on Discord, it should not be used as the main source of explaining ideas or expanding any concepts involving characters. It should be only used for quick and easy questions as well as memes. Who doesn't like memes?

For all serious and thought-provoking discussions, this is the thread you put them in. This is also the thread you go to if you need to criticize a certain arc/battle/character/power/etc. Keep in mind, you are asking questions about how a certain thing works, not complain about why it shouldn't. This is Reality Vortex, the idea of 'power levels' does not apply here, or rather, not how you assume them to be. This is will also be the thread used to discuss all arcs and give a review/rating should it be needed. The Game Master of the arc/battle can come in the thread and ask for opinions to see where he/she can improve and what the people liked best. On the contrary, people can use this thread to discuss arcs they wish to perform and see if it is applicable with all members and rules.

The thread will be updated as future concerns arise.

Interesting, so this is what you were talking about earlier. I noticed that not every member has a discord account or use it at all; some might only use the forum as means of communication. So this is a great to connect with all members to see the updates, questions and thoughts about the overarching thoughts of the roleplay.

With that said, I think we should consider that anything we say here should not be reflected on the actual RP (in other words, don't meta-game the story if you find some answers and/or thoughts).

As all players are aware, Wordplay is now beaten. He is the first one to go down (originally, I wanted the battles to end roughly at the same time, but had to change things up a bit). The next battles will end is Great White Whale, than Air Dancer. The others is still pending. 

FXNagVi.jpg

Spina vs Vegetto-Black in a nutshell :maybe:

Glad you like it. Once all the fights are finished, you can post here asking everyone for their opinions about the fights. You can even start with Wordplay if you want to start now instead of waiting for all the fights to end. However, I recommend you wait so that way you don't get a ton of scattered or off-topic posts. I can't wait to see what you pull for Air Dancer since I got a few things in store, however, if you plan to end it, I'll see what I can squeeze in. I really like what you're doing with Moby Dick, to be honest. It's just an all original character who is called Moby Dick, I love it. xDD

I also love what you pulled with Spina in your post. I can't wait to see how Spina stops Vegetto Black and escapes the grasp of being a clown. I also like how Vegetto explains Vegetto Black and I am pretty interested in what he does in a situation like this, considering Vegetto Black's ideology. Nice work between you two.

Compared to the other battles that involved celestial bodies being tossed around, Spina and Vegetto-Black is well grounded (no pun intended). To me, I’m liking how despite not destroying planets under their feet, you can still sense dread and anticipation through raw power between the both through sheer techniques and movements. It makes them unique in that regard.

ShineCero said:
Compared to the other battles that involved celestial bodies being tossed around, Spina and Vegetto-Black is well grounded (no pun intended). To me, I’m liking how despite not destroying planets under their feet, you can still sense dread and anticipation through raw power between the both through sheer techniques and movements. It makes them unique in that regard.

Yus, it really reminds me of the old intensity that could be found in some of the DBZ fights. IE, Perfect Cell vs Goku showed nearly zero impressive feat level destruction, but the back and forth in escalation of very simple displays such as afterimages made it so fun to watch. One of the best fights in the entire series, and the only thing that was blown up was the Cell Games arena xD

Capturing that, "well these characters can do this, but we're gonna focus on what makes a fight more fun to observe such as dynamics, understanding where each fighter stacks up against each other, etc." :)

I agreed! It makes thing a bit more exciting to see what kind of movements and techniques will be close to push against one another without the overall uses of destruction on a planetary scale or higher.

The battle is nearing in its conclusion and the entirely of the Saga is about to end. It was an enjoyable, chaotic mess from the beginning and to the very end. However, this is not the end of Reality Vortex, but rather, a start of a new beginning.
Once the Saga ends, the thread will be locked and stick to the top of the page, as a Legacy Thread, for potential users who wish to read this legendary thread.

Originally, I was going to have a set up of Reality Vortex in a similar vein of the rest of BoogaVerse—but after discussions with Z, I’ve decided to take her advice to make it a bit unique. Each Saga will receive its own thread—and each Saga contain multiple arcs. I have an idea of an overall Saga Villain, but nothing concrete as of now.

So, here are some information, if you decided to add an Arc Villain or even a Saga Villain. Saga Villains are antagonist, which is a focus, while Arc Villains are villains of their own, small conflict, but have an overall connection to the Saga Villain. Length does not matter (since Doom Saga being this long was an experimental process—I’m sure future threads will be in smaller dosages in comparison).

Reality Vortex is a world filled with multiple possibilities—but they are part of BoogaVerse. They are a place for beings being wipe from existence or forced out of their worlds for one reason or the other. Once you enter this world, you cannot escape. This is the only rule that cannot be broken under any circumstances. So, they cannot connect with any worlds. Reality Vortex has a powerful shield to protects from the Abyss of Darkness, an ocean of dark energy, from falling on the world. It cannot be destroyed, no matter how powerful the force of powers. 

Since Reality Vortex is essentially limbo—death cannot be achieved. If a character gets to shreds, blown to pieces, etc., they are still alive. Just need to be piece back together, and their bodies will regenerate naturally, but it takes an extremely long time (depending if they are naturally capable of regenerating lost limbs). If they are destroyed completely, they will respawn later. The only person who can outright destroy anything in this world is Jinaira. If he destroys you—this is a permanent death. You are essentially wipe from all realities under his power.

Dark Energy is a combination of Neutral, Chaotic and Pure Energy mixing with one another. It creates a powerful force of strength that allows the user capabilities to wrap reality around them in some way. However, Dark Energy destroys the user’s mind, no matter how strong they are, and completely drives them to absolute madness. They will do things to the extreme without rational thought. Every emotion they have is amplified to the extreme—becoming obsessive with their own ambitions and goals. Dark Energy can be passed on from one person to another.

Time does not flow naturally in RV—everything is wrapped into nothingness. Some days, a single day had passed; some days, years go by in an instant.

Doom’s Castle has a special property, built directly from Dark Energy, that enables him to create rooms the same size as dimensions.

There is two people in RV that can cure people from Dark Energy—but they have been turned into stones.

ShineCero said:
Dark Energy is a combination of Neutral, Chaotic and Pure Energy mixing with one another. It creates a powerful force of strength that allows the user capabilities to wrap reality around them in some way. However, Dark Energy destroys the user’s mind, no matter how strong they are, and completely drives them to absolute madness. They will do things to the extreme without rational thought. Every emotion they have is amplified to the extreme—becoming obsessive with their own ambitions and goals. Dark Energy can be passed on from one person to another.

Hold on.

ShineCero said:
In a haste of emotions, both Viegan and Suyoi rushed towards one another, marking the first time Chaotic Energy and Pure Energy came in contact. The two, equally powerful beings collided with so much force, it created a powerful explosion, resulting a new type of energy, Neutral Energy, and gave birth to a new being, Todasúl.

ShineCero said:
Negative Energy
  • Exclusive to Negative only. You cannot have your characters at any capacity, or any point obtained this kind of power.
  • Due to the mixture of Pure, Chaotic and Neutral Energy, it is stronger than all of them; however, it is quite unstable.
  • Due to the nature of this energy, it cannot be absorbed nor sealed; doing so will result an powerful explosion.

If Dark Energy is the combination of Pure, Neutral, and Chaotic Energies, wouldn't it just be more Neutral energy because Neutral Energy was created from the surge of Pure and Chaotic Energy meeting one another? Even if Neutral Energy is the result of Suyoi and Veigan's conflict specifically, and as a result the combination of the two requires incredible force to create Neutral Energy out of it, both energies decay rapidly when not being channeled by their respective beings who exhale the stuff. Wouldn't the combination of the energies simply become neutral over time due to decay?

And lastly what's the difference between Negative and Dark Energy? They both drive the user insane and are stronger than the other three types of energy.

Nope.

And Negative Energy is due to ShineCero’s interference with the energy, while using magic. Explanation of this is kept as a secret (and has no bearing to this discussion here since this is more BoogaVerse). Both are essentially similar in nature, but with few differences—Dark Energy isn’t unstable but drives the user mad and can be spread. Negative Energy is unstable (due to substances that ShineCero added), drives the user mad, and cannot be spread.

We're reaching the climax of the Saga. Doctor Doom's Battle is split into three parts... and yes, as you see with Detective Vegeta, "deaths" will come. You know when you see it when the times comes. If you have any questions, post here (or vice versa) to make sure you are the same page as everyone.

This was mentioned in another room, but I’m bringing this here for those who don’t have a discord and/or left the group, so everyone is one the same page.

As you can tell, I noticed that there are too many attacks happening at once and seems to be too overcrammed if I only post once. Vegetto suggested that I need to post more frequently so it will create better space, more consistent responses, faster flow, and prevent people of being stuck on what to do. I agreed with this.

Firstly, this isn’t the first time where I played a single RP boss where I will post repeatedly in a battle when needed (original No More Heroes, Modern Day for the oldies; even some aspect of Voice-Bara in the final stretch of the battle).

Secondly, some concerns of people being skipped. You aren’t being skipped nor face of passing turns. What’s happening here is that I’m posting more on a consistent basis to respond a certain amount of attack and defend, and people can play off whatever happens next, rather than constantly attacking and attacking. Just because I post more than once doesn’t mean your turn is gone.
Instead, it allows more breathing room, creativity and reaction rather than a strict turn-based scenario.

Lastly, none of this should not be a surprise for some long-time players anyways, especially those that RP with me in the past (whether I’m the game master or just a player). If you have an issue, stay it now or forget about it. 
Of course, I will not post any further (and won’t until people posted to see the actual issue here) until I know there’s some general understanding going on here.

I'll be tagging for people to give their opinions. You can say it here or if you have discord, there as well. Doesn't matter which. 

@"Meta Knight" @"~ Z ~" @"Z-Fighter" @"Vegetto" @"Grey Star" @"LoopyPanda"

This is good and fine, but before we start doing this method to keep attacks from piling up (there is only so much to react to reasonably after all) I'd like to post my part now that I thought it over and have some ideas on what I can do. Except I won't be attacking, I'll be using my characters defensively since I found a few spots that will allow me to do so

After I do that, doing multiple boss posts without a standard reply round shouldn't pose much of a problem

Sounds good to me. I had a problem posting because I didn't want to overshadow what other people posted since that's not fair. I like this idea better since it gives breathing room and helps the battle move. This can give people like me more creative aspects for what to do next and I won't have to worry about overlapping or disrupting the flow. I say go for it and let's see how it plays out in practice.

Alright, then I shall wait until everyone posted. After that, we'll be changing standards to make this battle more fun, more creative and less crammed/overstuffed.

Based upon the general statements here, I will be posting more frequently, depending on the actions going forward in this battle. Once again, just because I post more times, doesn’t mean any one is being skipped or passed on. This is an attempt to make this battle more natural, flow better and gave an overall fun experience without being hampered with overstuffed post, and everyone getting some licks in.

With that said, there is no posting order among in this battle as well (see Grey/Vegetto switching places), so you can post whenever you feel is right, depending on the content presented to you. However, if I posted twice, and a user hadn’t gone yet, don’t post until they do so. This will change in the second and final phase of the battle, but I’ll comment on that when we get to that point.

I’m changing the posting order again. There was an issue regarding posting order, passing turns, and whatnot (as I mentioned) on Discord. After re-reading the thread, We’re going to do things how I originally wanted to set up Boss Fights, especially for the grand finale.

There is no posting order. You post when needed. If you are confused or want to line-up with your peers about setting up the next post or two, you can. Of course, have courtesy to avoid posting too many times before others get in. And of course, if you are falling behind in a RP for whatever reason, you will be skipped if you don’t post anything after 7 days of straight silent (i.e literally not saying anything). It will be extended if you alert me beforehand that you have an issue with posting. There’s 24 hours in a day, you guys can take 30 seconds to effectively communicate and say “yeah, [insert reason here], can’t post atm”.

This doesn’t need to be said, since I’m sure everyone already know this and its basically common sense, but I’m making sure everyone is clearly aware of this.

No, this isn’t up for debate.

With that said, I have posted and will resume things back to normal to how I see fit.

Deleted my old post since I fell asleep before adding more stuff to the original post in RV and here. Here’s the updated stuff since there’s some slight confusion on both ends.

Few things, I did a slight edit on my original that prevents power ups from users and time-manipulation in general. This battle is essentially their last stand—where they have nothing else but using their own strength and make it a bit harder for you guys to post around with no easy way out :kat:

Meaning no power ups of any kind nor able to mess with time itself will work. Regarding the posting rule, I’ll be posting more frequently. So instead of me posting every 3 or 4 post, I’ll be posting every 1 or 2 posts to push the state of battle even further. Everything else remains the same (as in, no one should immediately post until they let a few others chimed in first).

In addition, before deleting my post, I mention consequences. Effectively in this battle, everything that happens will become permanent with little-to-no option to reverse. I would trend carefully of what to post because it might come to bite you.
Hopes all that clears for everyone! Happy Holidays and kicked Doom’s butt.

Before I post my turn I wanted to ask for clarification on a couple things:

What would you as the GM constitute as a form of power-up? This probably does not apply to my character, but I would like to explore a different style of play for Bern (no cats) without unintentionally violating the parameters set in place for this last part.

The gist of it is that basically all of them have been cursed with legitimate mortality for the time being until Doom is defeated/the orb is returned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom