Prince Edwards' Island

Three of the soldiers walk over, Rex being one of them.
He introduces the other two, "This is Erik, hes the radio guy, he'll be monitoring the radio waves in case the gangs produce any chatter, then he will set up the station when we get there, if you have a message or frequency to send tell him."
Erik salutes and greets the party before Rex motions to the other trooper, a short woman with a sharp glare focused on Deader.
"This is Quinn she-"
Quinn butts in, "I'm a marksman, which means I will be the one protecting your arses"

Rex smacks the rear of her helmet to make her stop.
In a condescending voice while leaning over Quinn Rex says "I presume you three know how to handle yourselves if you made it to us and are coming on this mission, some people are just a little too confident in themselves and feel that they need to make it clear to everyone that didn't ask." he sighs and returnes to a normal posture and tone, "you guys will be squad six, you will move with us to the radio tower, and then if the situation permits to ground zero."
A yell comes from atop the ladder "The Amphibious APC has arrived, squads four through six load up at the dock, squads One and two load in the Jeeps and move into position."
Rex nods, "Looks like its time to go"

Deader nodded. "Squad Six. Got it." He turns to the other two, wanting to make one last statement. "You two don't have to come with me to the radio tower, if the situation feels too dangerous; I won't make that decision for you..." He had a reminder when he looked at Sarah, seeing all those dead bodies and the Heroes Organization behind it. "A hero should protect people from harm, not drag them into one."

A bit confused Sarah says "I wouldnt be much safer here in my opinion, I dont know any of these people, whereas at least I'm fairly sure you two wont do anything to me. Hell, took a bullet from me and still didnt try to hurt me. How is that by the way?"
"It is... fine? I guess..." Jax responded "and I am more curious of what the ground zero looks like than i am interested in staying here."

"Hmph." Deader says. "Well, don't try to bail out when things get too tough." He joked. "Let's go to the docks and meet the others." He headed towards the destination.

The party climbs back up to the roof and walks to the docks where they board the amphibious APC and begin off to the other shoreline.

Radio chatter fills the vehicle packed tightly with units and the party, basic reports bouncing back and forth across the island from the many stations of the Provisional Militia. They can all hear as reports come in from the first couple squads as they set up for harassment.

After a short while later the engine halts and the co-pilot opens a hatch above his seat and stands up, popping his head to just above the roof of the APC.

He moves his binoculars to his eyes for a moment as code words spout from the radio.

A muffled explosion echoes from the distance, penetrating the metal walls easily before being followed by several more.

A different code murmurs beneth the explosions, as the rhythm of the explosions is broken momentarily.

The co-pilot sits back down, closes his hatch, and nods to the captain, the motor sputters back to life as the APC coasts back to speed in the shifting waters.

The echoes of distant bombs persist for a while as the APC eventually grounds itself on shore.

Quietly the rear door is lowered on its hydraulics as the first squad cautiously deploys followed by the rest. The area around them appears as though a bombed out town with structures boarded up and eerie silence voiding the air, the sound of sand shifting around boots echoes as the loudest thing around. After a quick check around the area the APC is put in cover next to a fallen structure before Rex comes over to talk with the party.

"The harassment squads had to fall back but should start again shortly, by the time they do we need to be nearing that radio tower, its about an hour away if we walk, but we need to be careful, the gangsters could be anywhere, and there's just as many zombies in our path."

Other soldiers finish wrapping the APC with camouflage so it looks like a massive shrub from most angles.

"As stated before, we will have one squad going inwards in this territory to help with the distraction, they will split from us about  halfway to the radio tower."

Deader nodded. "It'll be a hell of a fight, but I'm hoping of a successful mission." He thought to himself. "It's an hour away if we walked, even longer if we ran into any trouble since the loud sounds most likely attracted these things. The Zombies don't seems to be sentient, but the gangsters will be more tactical in their approach."

He observed the area, impressed with the work they had done. "These guys aren't no joke; I guess being trapped on a island filled with zombies."

Back
Top Bottom