Ploep tries to Graphic

Appelsider

Green Jacket
Website
twitter.com
Yo yo, I've always been interested in making sigs since it looks fun.
So after trying to understand how they're made, I always gave up because it sounded too complicated. 
So now I finally sat down and tried to make something for the first time and here it is:

CnLhD2Q.png

I kept it simple because I still don't understand half of the words people use in their tutorials. xD Also the fact that my language setting in GIMP isn't in English for some reason doesn't make it any easier. xD

It looks great for your first try! :D

I've never used GIMP before though, but I'm sure there is an English version floating around on the internet. Or a mediafile for CS6 photoshop but those are sketchy. I myself use Photoshop 7 so I'm outdated. XD

Text choice looks pretty cool too! I haven't gone on dafont.com in eons though so I recommend hopping over there when you feel like you need a new font for your graphics. :p probably forgot how to install the fonts myself lmao

Looks nice, Pinks! Now I don't know much about GIMP, but I imagine it works more or less similar to Photoshop. Try playing around with layer effects, and text placement and size. I like how the grain seems to surround Gaara so the focus is on him!

Looking forward to see more stuff from you!

Thanks you guys! :D
@Loopy: actually looking at fonts at Dafont gave me the final push to start making a signature. xD I love fonts.
@Freak: I think gimp automatically picks the language of the area you live in so that's why it changed. :O And thanks I'll check out the links when I'm on the lappy!
@Syn: Yeah I figured I need to play a bit more with the layers and stuff, but I kept the first one simple anyways. xD. I had a question though. Like is it possible to use any kind of screenshot as a render? Like when people make requests with pictures, how can you make a render out of those? :O

Anyway here's another simple one:​
VMFaCbP.png
Maybe I need to make the sigs a bit bigger haha xD​

If they happen to give you a screenshot or something already with a background, you can either erase it manually (takes a while and lots of patience) to create one that blends, or work with it to complete it. I had that one sig using a stock image but the background was too much to take out, so I just integrated it into the work. You can also use brushes to disquise it a bit as well according to different layer settings.

I tend to provide renders with my requests since it tends to be easier on the one making the graphics but it makes for a good challenge.

Ploep said:
Thanks you guys! :D
@Loopy: actually looking at fonts at Dafont gave me the final push to start making a signature. xD I love fonts.
@Freak: I think gimp automatically picks the language of the area you live in so that's why it changed. :O And thanks I'll check out the links when I'm on the lappy!
@Syn: Yeah I figured I need to play a bit more with the layers and stuff, but I kept the first one simple anyways. xD. I had a question though. Like is it possible to use any kind of screenshot as a render? Like when people make requests with pictures, how can you make a render out of those? :O

Anyway here's another simple one:​
Maybe I need to make the sigs a bit bigger haha xD​

It's Boogaloo and you can host and hotlink your sigs from sites like Imgur -- go wild with the sizes!

The sig looks fantastic! I love the little snowflake things and text placement is nice!

To answer your question, I suggest using the Quickmask tool (since you're using GIMP). It works the same as the one in Photoshop -- you can use the brush tool to just "paint" over the image you want to make a render out of, and it will show as a red filter. When you disable it, you'll get a pretty precise selection! Easier than using Lasso or Pen tools to be honest. 

Here's a tutorial explaining what Quickmask is and here's a video tutorial on how to use it:

[align=center][video=youtube]

This is also for everyone who uses GIMP -- I hope this one is useful!​

Thanks a lot for the help I really appreciate it!
For some reason I prefer making very light/simple edits, so here's another quite simple one.
SmQCFb5.jpg
Also i just noticed you can't see the white border because of the background of the site. xD

Cute!

You could also try overlaying a lighter color on the render with an Overlay layer and using the paint bucket so it affects just the render. That might help the render blend in better with the pink. Though you might have to go hue by hue since it can make the image too light and strain the image.

It's always great to see the family of GFX artists grow :D I think your first three sigs are well done! I think you captured the theme for each sig nicely, for example the added "sand effect" in the Gaara sig (I hope you understand what I'm trying to say). You definitely seem to have some interesting and creative ideas while making these graphics. If you keep practising and learning, the execution of said ideas will get better and better. I'm looking forward to see that :)

Welcome to the club, Pink BEAST! These are nice for your first try and for using GIMP. It works a lot differently than PS. At least the last time I used it.

You already know how to compliment your renders with the colors and effects around them. I wasn't that fortunate when I started out :p  Can't wait to see more!

Thank you guys so much! :D I'm gonna try experimenting with new stuff someday,
but today I'll just post a simple one I made in a hurry (some of you might've already seen it on tumblr though hehe)

I just really love this picture of Alma! And I wish all of Boogaloo a Happy New Year 

EDIT: Because I don't feel like double posting here I'll just put my new one in this post as well hahaha

as you can see I tried checking out other techniques (in the end i dunno which one is better), but I know I could make something much better than this but then I got too frustrated and just kept it like how it is xD (also text placement sucks but ive already deleted my file so I cant change it lmao)

Edit: applejuice

I read somewhere that we were allowed to double post in art threads so here goes (if not sorry about that xD )

Here's my siggy for the competition!
I liketo keep it simple (mostly because I still don't know how everything works)
ddbCq2u.png

edit:
Let me also throw in a DN siggy xD
I4a9a17.png

Text placement :( Oh yeah I also tried using a c4d for the first time!
Also as you can see I'm enjoying the pop out effects a lot. :teehee:

Loving your stuff, Ploep! Your sigs are epic! It's simple yet dramatic. I guess I just like the whole 'Less is More' vibe. xDD

Thanks guys! :D

I just threw something together for the sig comp, im not totally happy with it because i had so many ideas but i didn't feel like putting a lot of time in it. So here's another simple one!  
With light colors because the theme summer makes me think of flowers and yellow!

Render:
Render!

9M30E2C.png

oh man it really is way too simple. xD

Thanks Loopy! Also I'm only now seeing how big my file actually was. xD
Hola I'm back after fixing my laptop here's another one I made just now:
srObmlz.png
I guess I just prefer simplistic designs since they're easy to make and I'm lazy. xD​
Render: StarrySkyTrench
Art: Pixiv User

Back
Top Bottom