If Someone Killed Your Loved One

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
Reviving an old topic for members and the like. Now, let's take a scenario on this matter. Imagine that someone broke into your home and bound you onto a chair, tied up. You have no means of escape and have to watch each and everyone of your loved ones slaughter in the most gruesome way possible. You witnessed every detailed of the event. After the carnage ended, the man left you alive and ran off. The police came onto your home and after investigation; the police have concluded that no form of evidence is indeed possible to identity or find the man that committed the crime. He'd dropped off the face of the earth and thus have to closed the case, rendering it as "cold". 

5 years have passed since the event and you were in a restaurant. However, as you're eating, the man, the one that committed the crimes walks in.  

What would you do? Do you think 5 years is enough to move on from this event?

No. 5 years to get over such a horrible, traumatic event isn't enough for me. If I saw that man walking in ANYWHERE I would've made either

a) a break for it
b) find a way to murder him in return and disappear without a trace the same way he did

How does one get over such a traumatic event, without any form of support? You just can't. It's difficult, it's consuming. Your entire life is spent mulling over how you could have saved them or regret about how helpless you've been throughout the entire event. You couldn't forgive that man, and you couldn't forgive yourself because you were too powerless. Encountering him again after what feels like such a short time would just trigger a lot of emotional responses, depending on your mental state. For me, truthfully, I wouldn't have been able to function at all -- probably would have such a terrible anxiety attack I'd be rooted to the spot.

Knowing my thoughts i probably wouldnt be abe to actually accomplish it in the first place but this is what I would imagine I would do:

Hide myself until he leaves,
follow him
capture him when he least expects it
and torture him for years before getting him in prison to be tortured by the inmates.

I have a strong belief that death is easier than torture, so yea.

In reality though, I would have probably forgot his face or have been too deprived of vitality to have even gone to a cafe as it would be too far from the depression in my chair that was produced from when I was depressed.

Honestly, if anyone did any of that stuff to my loved one, I would take the justice system into my own hands. I would not halt or falter an ounce of mercy or lenience to this man. I will not hesitate to kill his man is broad daylight and pay the consequences. Even if I get the death penalty, I can truly die with a free heart and mind.

I guess you can say I'm just stuck on the system of Honduras where justice is corrupt and people take things into their own hands. Shame, really.

To be truthful, I'll probably asked for a bill and take my leave before I end up doing something I'll regret. As Syn pointed out, the probability to move on the event is probably next to none, and even if one managed to do so, the moment the person appears will just bring the fire back to it originally was. Scars are forever, in my opinion. 

If I don't leave immediately, I'll grabbed the nearest object and attack him with all my might, no question. Maybe shove his head down in the fryer for a few minutes or so. XD

I would bring the law in my own hands because I'll be damned if I let him escape twice. He escaped me when it came to the police but he won't escape me again. This (in my opinion) is more of a personal business rather than a legal one. I know it's childish but something like this, my friends and family, can never be replaced. You damn right expect me to go for the kill.

Like I said before, I would kill him with no remorse and no mercy. I know I would have to pay the consequences later on but that's the price I'll pay. I rather face the consequences of my actions than live a life of guilt. I can honestly say, from experience, guilt is one of the worst feelings in the world, it can drive you insane sometimes.

As for how I would kill him, I would drown him in his soup.

Interesting thoughts. The reason I brought up the whole "time gap" because people always say that "If it's in the past, it's time to move on", but isn't that really the case? Depending on the person, I don't think traumatic things on that extend that affect one's life, whether mentality or physically, can they truly "moved on".

Considering I'm quite vengeful I'll do one of 2 things;

A) Get the hell out of dodge before I do something I'll regret
B) INSATIABLE BLOODLUST

5 years definitely isn't long enough to cope with anything especially if everyone close to me was murdered in cold blood. Knowing myself, it'd be far likelier just looking at the dude's face will throw me into some form of depersonalization and probably break down at the flashback (I get upset relatively easily and recalling trauma won't ever get easier for me). And encourages me to just leave the place immediately if I can get the food to go.

If that wouldn't happen, I'd also just as likely be engulfed in blind rage. But I'm mot sure if I could go with outright murder. Probably slow and brutal. Like breaking half the bones in his body so I half-kill him. Course, probably not in front of anyone or with gloves on. This, assuming he doesn't recognize me. 
Probably beat him up brutally in an alley after following him out if he's not armed.

But option A is safer and I won't have everything pinned against me. Since they have no evidence if I did it out of self-defense or anything.

if THAT would happen, then from knowledge how well I know myself, I would:

1. Live with my anime waifu alone
2. Be workaholic coder with no life
3. Had suicidal thoughts for a long time
4. Did absolutely nothing when I would see him, no action, no anger, no revenge, nothing

Maybe not cool, but at least nobody can kill my waifu :/

Eruner said:
if THAT would happen, then from knowledge how well I know myself, I would:

1. Live with my anime waifu alone
2. Be workaholic coder with no life
3. Had suicidal thoughts for a long time
4. Did absolutely nothing when I would see him, no action, no anger, no revenge, nothing

Maybe not cool, but at least nobody can kill my waifu :/

What if they break her plot armor?

ShineCero said:
Reviving an old topic for members and the like. Now, let's take a scenario on this matter. Imagine that someone broke into your home and bound you onto a chair, tied up. You have no means of escape and have to watch each and everyone of your loved ones slaughter in the most gruesome way possible. You witnessed every detailed of the event. After the carnage ended, the man left you alive and ran off. The police came onto your home and after investigation; the police have concluded that no form of evidence is indeed possible to identity or find the man that committed the crime. He'd dropped off the face of the earth and thus have to closed the case, rendering it as "cold". 

5 years have passed since the event and you were in a restaurant. However, as you're eating, the man, the one that committed the crimes walks in.  

What would you do? Do you think 5 years is enough to move on from this event?

Ahhhh this thread again. 

[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"I fell in love one time. Even though it turned out to be a friendzone If I ever felt the way I did towards a woman and she was killed that would be the end of my own humanity probably. I would feel like I have nothing else to lose.[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif] I'm not mature enough to simply ignore him or call the police and go to court knowing how broken justice is. I will follow him, I will get him alone in some dark place, I will speak with him. Before I kill him. No way in hell would I pass up a chance like that.[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif] I know it won't bring her back. But just simply sitting there, staring at the man who got away with murdering your loved one. Hell no, I would be haunted by the thought that I never showed my appreciation for killing my loved one. [font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I'm not someone you should leave alive after doing something such as this."[/font][/font][/font][/font]

This was my original post back in AF over a year ago. If I truly love someone I give it my all. It is also why I'm not very willing to get involved in another relationship. So if a woman has my love....Dude they have my full on loyalty, My soul. I would allow myself to become the literal foundation of their happiness.  Unless the death was natural and we didn't have kids beforehand I would lose it. The one thing that gave my existence a true visual purpose is gone (I say that in referring to my religion. It gives me purpose but it's hard to keep the faith of something I don't see. Jehovah's Witness problems yall) The only thing left for me to do is make sure the bastard can't spread anymore pain. To make sure My loved one and I were his final victims. 
As I was told before I may inevitably regret it. So be it.....If becoming hollow and feeling regret are my consequences for this choice I'll take it.  

Back
Top Bottom