Hardest thing to draw

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
What's the hardest thing for you when you start drawing? 

When it comes to drawing people, the lips for women always get me. I can never make it look presentable when drawing full on lips. :wagh:

Incapable of drawing faces, or even entire heads, can never get the scale

Nick said:
Incapable of drawing faces, or even entire heads, can never get the scale

The worst struggle is forgetting how much head/forehead you want  :twitch:

Also, drawing the other eye. Especially the iris/pupils tp keep them proportional. I usually remedy this by copy/pasting the first eye I drew, mirroring and roating, and then deforming it (as a separate layer on lower opacity) before drawing the new eye over it.

Or just accepting an angle, drawing a face looking towards the camera feels impossible

Hands and feet for people, but of anything I've found realistic looking trees are the hardest thing I've encountered.

Recently, legs have been a major problem for me... I need to take some life drawing classes to understand anatomy :wagh:

gokugirl2006 said:
My issue is always the hands. So darn difficult.

YES! I can 100% agree! I admit I tend to avoid drawing hands when I tend to draw stuff that heavily relies on hand posture. I found a small trick to draw hands, but I still need a lot more practice. 

I also have a problem with profile views. Not my strongest angle.

I think I need to practice on the hands too. Like they always mention "practice makes perfect." :high:
Yes. Sometimes angles/profiles are not my friend but I try to do my best.

Yeah, I usually start the hands with a square for the palm and then work out the fingers. I mostly have troubles drawing the individual fingers because they always come out really wonky or unnatural. It's just not a pretty sight...

You should've seen me drawing hands last night, it was so bad lmao!! And when I add the little knuckle wrinkles they look like dragon hands or somethin

I was also having one of those days where I just couldn't draw the other eye properly...  :katdude:

I also can't draw nails

There's a method I learned for hands. You start with a square with rounded edges, then do the thumb out from the bottom, use that as a general reference for where the index should be, then draw the fingers out diagonally.

JamesYTP said:
There's a method I learned for hands. You start with a square with rounded edges, then do the thumb out from the bottom, use that as a general reference for where the index should be, then draw the fingers out diagonally.

That's a good tidbit for drawing hands. I think the best way to practice drawing any body parts is practicing drawing shapes. The more you draw them, accompanied with basic understand of anatomy, one should be able to be comfortable of drawing that.

Hence why Life Drawing is critical important  ;)

The hardest thing to draw is dragon-like creatures; no matter how I attempted it, it always come out as sloppy.

Back
Top Bottom