Hardest thing to draw

For full on behind views for characters if you're doing it digitally you can usually take the front view and paint over it, adding the back of the hair and tweaking the clothing a little

I struggle with hands immensely. I look up countless references and tutorials but I can't seem to get the hang of it.

Lol aint that the truth. I think backgrounds are hard, and anything robotic (I cannot draw detailed parts like that to save my life  :sweats: )

As I mentioned before, hands are not my forte, but sometimes I struggle with perspective. 

I forget the rule of perspective a lot and I need to practice it a lot more. I also need to work on body positions and contortions. However, I can say that it's a lot easier than hands. WHY CANT I DRAW HANDS OR FINGERS?!

LoopyPanda said:
~ Z ~ said:
I struggle with hands immensely. I look up countless references and tutorials but I can't seem to get the hang of it.

We'll have to perform a blood sacrifice to learn this eldritch knowledge...

I expect gallons of blood because that's what it'll take for me to learn the basics. B| xDD

I often struggle with legs because I have to redraw them almost 90% of the times. I can't seem to get them down when they are bending (like in a fetal position)

It may sound weird.. but emotions.. I feel like my drawings lack feeling and emotions.
They look so fake and bland most of the times. I wonder how to improve that part of drawing... :thinking:

Ploep said:
It may sound weird.. but emotions.. I feel like my drawings lack feeling and emotions.
They look so fake and bland most of the times. I wonder how to improve that part of drawing... :thinking:

Are you referring to facial expressions or body language?

@"ShineCero"  both I guess..  Or i just miss the sincerity in myself when drawing idk i cant put it in words xDIts probably a mix of everything  i guess :katmad:

As of late, the hardest thing to draw is different positions of the body. I blame this for my lack of drawing over the past few years, and it's definitely frustrating. I want to draw, but every time I draw, I feel like nothing is ever good enough.

Oooh, yeah, animals is incredible hard to draw. The cat drawing competition was extremely difficult when it comes to fur... but I felt like I learned something out of it. Hopefully, if we do have another animal comp, I can get more practice into that.

Ploep said:

Wow after a year I figured out what the problem was. I just didnt experiment enough with the expressions + the issue especially happens when I do a full colored neatly linearted drawing. Its like all the essence of the sketch gets lost in the process.

Guess I know what I need to work on now.. which is still basically EVERYTHING xD

Back
Top Bottom