General Nickelodeon Scandal (Sexual Predators)

LoopyPanda said:
I couldn't stomach to finish the entire photoset. So much of it sounds like what a predator says to a child they're grooming into not telling their parents about what the predator did. The language here is so discomforting and it creeps me out just being a passerby reading it. 

If you are not easily distraught by the subject matter, it becomes readily apparent why he was told not to publish it "as is".

Btw, is it me or are the Boo-boo and Yogi drawings a little off-putting out of context?

Right? I wouldn't be surprised if his lawyers were trying to grill his tiny head that this is probably not a good idea to post this right at the moment. It seems to be that they tried their best to edit his content, but John K is probably have his head so far up his ass that it was futile. 

I think that Boo-Boo drawing was from cartoon that appeared over and over on Adult Swim at one point. It was jarring and not in a good way.

The worst part about this whole ordeal? The fact that he posted a picture of himself and the victim. Talk about tone deaf to the highest caliber. Or maybe he just an damn idiot and just doesn't give a shit.

From the way he wrote his 'apology' letter to each girl, it seems he still thinks of them as children. Specifically, the same ones that were naive enough to let him groom them into doing so many repugnant things by dangling their dream of animating over their heads like a slimeball. He doesn't seem to understand they've matured beyond what he thinks they have and won't fall for his manipulations.

Unlike his fanboys, who seem to believe every lie he spoonfeeds them as part of his damage control.

Another extremely offensive aspect of this is that he plays the "I have a mental illness that I had no control of" card. Whether or not he actually has mental illness (does being a pedophile with all the creepy stuff he's done count as a disorder? idk yet), it's an additional guilt-trippy manipulative factor. Being ill in the mind does not absolve you of any wrongdoings you've done-- Especially ones of this magnitude. In fact, the fact he seems to know what he did was wrong but continues to make excuses for it is enough to show you he hasn't changed, nor has he gotten over being obsessed over them. (He conveniently forgot about the harassing messages he left Robin the week the Buzzfeed article came out).

That was scary...makes you wonder what was going through his head saying that shit in public. The whole letter might as well have said "I'm a creepy pedo, lock me up." I totally buy mental disorders being at play, but Bi-polar and ADHD don't really come to mind really that so much as sociopathy or even psychopathy do. It's like he really has no conscience at all, only reasoning I can think of. Only someone who really just doesn't understand right and wrong would ever think it's a good idea to pen an open letter romanticising his relationship with 2 underaged girls he's accused of stagetory raping. Scary shit...horrifying.

LoopyPanda said:
From the way he wrote his 'apology' letter to each girl, it seems he still thinks of them as children. Specifically, the same ones that were naive enough to let him groom them into doing so many repugnant things by dangling their dream of animating over their heads like a slimeball. He doesn't seem to understand they've matured beyond what he thinks they have and won't fall for his manipulations.

Unlike his fanboys, who seem to believe every lie he spoonfeeds them as part of his damage control.

Another extremely offensive aspect of this is that he plays the "I have a mental illness that I had no control of" card. Whether or not he actually has mental illness (does being a pedophile with all the creepy stuff he's done count as a disorder? idk yet), it's an additional guilt-trippy manipulative factor. Being ill in the mind does not absolve you of any wrongdoings you've done-- Especially ones of this magnitude. In fact, the fact he seems to know what he did was wrong but continues to make excuses for it is enough to show you he hasn't changed, nor has he gotten over being obsessed over them. (He conveniently forgot about the harassing messages he left Robin the week the Buzzfeed article came out).

JamesYTP said:
That was scary...makes you wonder what was going through his head saying that shit in public. The whole letter might as well have said "I'm a creepy pedo, lock me up." I totally buy mental disorders being at play, but Bi-polar and ADHD don't really come to mind reading that so much as sociopathy or even psychopathy do. It's like he really has no conscience at all, only reasoning I can think of. Only someone who really just doesn't understand right and wrong would ever think it's a good idea to pen an open letter romanticising his relationship with 2 underaged girls he's accused of stagetory raping. Scary shit...horrifying.

Agreed on both points.

It's jarring, no, it's almost Saturday Morning Cartoon level for someone to be that absentminded or oblivious to write that letter, stop, look at it and be all: "yup, this sounds perfect to me!"

What's more disgusting is the shit-flinging fans that haven't broke their ways after this incident. I mean, it's one thing to like his artwork or whatever, but this? How can anyone comment on this and be all "don't worry buddy, you're a great idol!". Either they're just as insane as he is, or they're desperately trying to justified their reasoning to like the guy and downplay his massive, massive faults.

What's worse is how he continues to shit on animators of the current era, "lol, yeah I kiddy did those girls, but remember guys, I AM THE SHIT, these guys, these "animator", are nothing. I broke boundaries, folks! Believe IT!" like some little ass kid.

The guy already tanked his career multiple times, but I think this was a nail to the deep, deep coffin he put himself in. If there's anything "chance" that these fanboys are hoping for his return or Nick to recognized Ren and Stimpy again, that's gone now.

Have you guys seen the recent videos by Alexa Nikolas? She'd talk about her experience with Zoey 101 and the reason why she was taken off the show. The revelations is pretty damning and I'm thoroughly disappointed in Victoria Justice.

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

For those who are still following closely with the Nick Stars and the sandal, Jennette McCurdy discuss more details on why she's not returning to the show iCarly (or any role at all).

From deadline: Here's some highlights and the podcast is included as well.

In the February 24 episode of her fish out of water podcast, McCurdy spoke with Anna Faris about her experience as a child star and why she left the acting realm. McCurdy, who many know as iCarly’s Sam, said that she initially didn’t want to act but pursued it because of her mother.

“My mom put me in it when I was 6 and by sort of age, I guess, 10 or 11, I was the main financial support for my family. My family didn’t have a lot of money, and this was the way out, which I actually think was helpful in driving me to some degree of success,” McCurdy told the former Mom star.

While her mother’s death was a major factor in the decision to stop acting, McCurdy added that her childhood credits also contributed to her departure from the screen.

As Sam, the edgy best friend of Cosgrove’s Carly, McCurdy donned odd outfits and regularly pulled off puzzling stunts for both iCarly and Sam & Cat.

“I resent my career in a lot of ways. I feel so unfulfilled by the roles that I played and felt like it was the most just cheesy, embarrassing [experience],” she said.

McCurdy may have thrown in the towel for on-camera work, but she revealed she’s trying her hand at directing and writing, telling Faris that she created a one-woman show.

In addition, here some investigation regarding Jennette and Dan

[twitter]

Not exactly related to Nickelodeon studio, but it involved one of the actors.

Drake Bell pleads guilty to attempted child endangerment, faces up to 2 years in prison. Bell allegedly engaged in an inappropriate chat with a 15 year old victim that "at times, was sexual in nature."

Though he initially pleaded not guilty, Bell, 34, has since agreed to a plea deal and said he was guilty of both charges during a virtual court appearance on Wednesday, according to a livestream of the hearing from local ABC affiliate News 5.

"My understanding is there's been a plea agreement reached where the defendant will plead guilty to count one attempted endangering children, a felony in the fourth degree [and] plead guilty to count two: disseminating matter harmful to juveniles, a misdemeanor the first degree," the judge began.

He later informed the Nickelodeon star, born Jared Bell, that attempted endangering children carries a sentence of anywhere from six to 18 months in prison in monthly increments and/or a fine of up to $5,000, though prison time is not mandatory. The second charge carries up to six months in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000.

Source

New documentary dropped regarding the explicit sexual abuses and allegations happening in the studios. Looks like they hit almost every god damn point of how widespread it was

Wow! Just wow!!! And I though Nickelodeon was a great place for the kids. Guess I was wrong. Those terrible allegations bought out the worst of what was going on behind closed doors. So very sad.

Right? The toxic environment, the lack of protection from these children and the fact that they allowed a convict pedophile to continued to work elsewhere without so much as a background check shows how little care for these children. I feel terrible for these people affected by this. Possibly we may never know justice because you still have people defending these creeps.

Back
Top Bottom