Garden Town and The Field of Bloody Flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"They're already expecting us, but what if we set up a decoy and bait them out? We can spring an attack on them if we find a good hiding spot." Bronson pondered. "And maybe use the flowers' corrosive agent against them. I prefer just setting things on fire, but there's too much flammable material around here to do it safely."

Monster Hunter places his right hand on his chin and pondered on Bronson’s suggestion. “A decoy is a good idea. They are extremely attracted to these kinds of flowers, and if we can bring out its agent through burning…” He looked around, checking to see a good hiding spot. “Yeah, starting a fire might be irresponsible, but a slight burn might be enough?”  

He remember how the Goblins were able to come out of the dirt and uses magic to hide their tracks. “We need to dig a ditch away from the place. Enough to duck and cover, but easy for us to get out and attack.”

"A ditch, huh..." Bronson scanned the area. "The ground is soft, so that won't be a problem..." He pointed to an area out of the flowers' range of fire. "We can roll an old log in front of our ditch for better coverage too. I have plenty of oil on hand for making a small fire. The flamesprayer is too much for this kind of job."

Monster Hunter nodded. "Alright, let's do it. Hopefully they're fall for the bait... and since they aren't the brightest of the bunch, they probably will..." He headed to the direction that Bronson pointed towards, checking out a few old logs. "I have some arrows to take down long-range ones if it comes to that, though I'm not proficient at it."

Bronson shortened the length of his hunting axe and began carving into the soft earth for a makeshift ditch. 

"If we have to, feel free to borrow my crossbow and cover me while I behead the little wretches." He said. "Let's just hope the decoy takes care of most of the problem for us." Bronson took one of the oil jars off his person and began to sprinkle bits of it around a pile of dried-up grass that was close to the flowers but he was careful to keep out of their range. "We'll put the decoy here so they'll feel the burn right away."

Monster Hunter nodded. “Thanks, that makes it better than using an arrow, though it might be harder to aim properly.” He took the crossbow and readying himself when the time comes. “But I’ll managed. Alright... let's start this bloodbath." Monster Hunter's tone got deeper, seemingly excited for killing these bastards that constantly raided his town.

===

There were a couple of goblin scouts lurking around. It seems that they were sent to find out where those two “intruders” were since they took a long time coming to their camp.

Hiding in the ditch, Bronson watched the goblin scouts from afar. His gaze slowly moved to locate the decoy he had set up earlier, waiting for a chance to start their attack. He threw a large pebble toward the dummy before quickly taking cover once more to see if he could lure them over to the decoy and attack them from behind.

“Come on you idiots… take the bait.” Monster Hunter mumbled under his breath.

One of the scouts spotted the decoy, nudging the other by the arm to inform him about what he saw after a pebble hit it. The Goblins had gleeful smiles on their faces, attempting to sneak up behind the dummy. They held their weapons tight, one of them launched itself in the air, while the other dashed to the opposite direction to strike it on the side.

A fire is too early to start, so I'll save my flint n' steel for the hordes coming later. Bronson patiently waited for the scouts to approach and attack the decoy, remaining in a crouched position and his hunting axe elongated into its polearm mode. Once he saw them strike it, he jumped out over the log and brought down the axe's blade into the side of the jumper's neck so he can hit the other attacker with it in one swing. Even if he missed the other one, he'd at least be able to stun it into shock long enough for Monster Hunter to shoot it quickly.

The Jumper goblin instantly died after Bronson struck it from the back of his neck. The other goblin, caught in surprise, was unable to block or get out of the way in time. He was flung back and crashed onto the ground. When he tried to stand, an arrow went through its skull cleanly, by Monster Hunter.

“That’s two down.” Monster Hunter stood up to look at the distance. “There’s more coming, probably wondering what happened to these two freaks.” He jumped back in the ditch and got in position.

A couple of more goblins, one of them being a larger type, rushed to the area. They were concerned why the first two didn’t come back and their screams alerted them. The big one carry a bow and arrow. He was good at the weapon. The two smaller ones went ahead of the larger one due to having more speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom