Future Harmony: Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
(lol... reminds me of how I tend to mix up Nagito with Makoto... for some reason my brain mixes up the first names because of similar vowels because it's used to referring to characters by their surnames instead)

Celestia gave Monokuma a thinly veiled glare before staring at her monitor. "So what is it we're supposed to be doing here? What's the point?"

"Well, it's easy... pick up your headsets and put em on! And once I hand you your special disc of enlightenment, maybe you'll understand your situation here..." He pulled out a stack of CDs, each with a person's name written on them. Comically he tossed them to one person at a time until there weren't any left. "Pop the disc in and just let it do the talking for me."

Kyoko looked at the disc but found nothing suspicious about it, although she didn't seem any more relaxed than she did entering the room. Hagakure stuck it into the disc player with no idea what to expect, with everyone else following the instructions albeit with varying degrees of apprehension.

(I went to a DRP panel at the con I went to. Someone asked which characters were allowed to say fuck and which ones were not. Everyone unanimously agreed that Chihiro, Makoto, and Hina were not allowed to xD)

Makoto cautiously put the dis in, as did everyone else. 

A few minutes later, once their discs were completed, there were different reactions from everyone. 

"Wh-What the hell was all that about?!" Leon exclaimed. 

Sayaka was silent, having gone as pale as a ghost. 

"I-Is this a j-joke? I-It has to be....," Chihiro mumbled to himself.

"If this is a joke, it isn't funny," Hina exclaimed,glaring at Monokuma. 

"Wh-What happened? How is everything like this?" Makoto asked.

(Chihiro should absolutely never say fuck... or any curse word... he is too precious)

Kyoko said nothing, although even she had difficulty keeping herself from expressing thinly veiled disgust at him. She shut the computer off the moment her disc finished playing.

Kiyotaka had a frightened, hollow look on his face while Celestia stood up from her desk.

"This had better be some kind of elaborate joke. Why did you go so far to stage all this?"

"What's your goal here?" Kyoko demanded.

"Well, that's easy. Villains have banded together to destroy everything you've ever cared and loved before. Hope's Peak is the last bastion housing heroes of the future." Monokuma began to giggle. "But knowing that you have so much at stake in the outside world, wouldn't you do anything to get out?~ Even if it meant you had to kill one of your beloved classmates to do it?"

"I don't understand..." Kiyotaka looked to Sakura, but she didn't reply. She simply glared at Monokuma.

"I want to make you all despair," Monobear leered. "Despair is the only way to survive in this world now. A life of mutual killing is the perfect way to make you understand, being students of the future's hope. Well, now that there's no hope left out there, maybe this will motivate you to throw away those flimsy ideals of heroism. Maybe you'll become fully-fledged villains now so you can survive later. Or maybe you'd rather go the Lone Wolf Anti-hero route? The possibilities of skewed morality are endless."

(Agreed! Also, at the DRP panel, I actually got to be a participant! We (me and two other people were the designated detectives) may have gotten executed by saying Toko was the killer (when it was Byakuya) but that is besides the point! xD I still think it was funny, because when we guessed wrong the second time, their Makoto immediately stood up, pointed at us, and yelled 'No, that's wrong!' before they shut the lights off, and played the execution music.

Later on, after the con was over, I was walking to the elevators to go back to my hotel room, when I passed them. They thanked me for being a part of their panel, and I responded with 'You're welcome! Sorry for getting everyone executed!' and we all laughed)

"Villains...?" Makoto said softly to himself, looking at his hands. There's....There's no way I'd be able to be one. I can't do much with Aerokinesis, anyway, he thought. 

"No! I refuse to be a villain!" Hina exclaimed, keeping her glare fixed on Monokuma

(I can't believe you got everyone eggsecuted... I woulda gotten it wrong too tbh I'm the worst at deductive reasoning)

One by one, the students voiced their adamant refusal.

Sakura kept silent, although her rage was palpable.

"What would ever make you think we could become villains!? Does that make you a villain too!?" Celestia demanded, finally losing her composure. "Do you know who you're talking to!? I would never let such a fate take me over!"

"Upupu... how sure are you that your probability manipulation will work on me, ojou-chan?" Monokuma seemed unthreatened by her. "I'm not exactly a villain... I am your headmaster after all, it's only natural I know what's best for my students!" Then his smile became menacing as he raised a clawed paw. "Unless my students intend to go against my authority. In which case I'll enact capital punishment!"

Kiyotaka hesitated, as he wasn't the type to get involved in fights, let alone disrespect authority figures.

"...What will happen if we choose to fight you right here?" Kyoko asked.

"This room is too cramped for what I'm capable of... but if you want to have a go, I won't stop you now that you've been warned. You can't bust out of here without my security bypass codes, which are kept nice and safe in my office, upupu! Otherwise, this is your bird cage unless you decide to pursue a life of mutual Villainy!"

(We even had a note written and signed by Byakuya himself. How the hell did we screw it up?! Why tf did we say it was Toko? I mean she has hemophobia, and hadn't turned into Jack until after the murder had taken place. And, on top of that, the victim was girl. Again, have no idea why we said Toko. We had LETTER. WITH BYAKUYA'S SIGNATURE.)

"..." Makoto was silent, still staring into space, but listening to what Monokuma said. 

"M-Maybe we should listen to him, then. N-Not that we should turn into v-villains, but, a-at least survive?" Chihiro suggested in a soft voice

(Boi... You flunked out of Kyoko's detective school)

"I...I refuse!" Kiyotaka shouted, albeit hesitantly for fear of retaliation. "Even if it is in the right to respect the headmaster, I will not become the same as the people my father worked so hard to impart justice upon!" His father was a policeman who worked with the heroes of their city to bring and maintain the peace. There was no way he would go against the ideals his father taught him. "I would never betray the people like that!"

"What kind of headmaster would force their students to turn their backs on the rest of humanity to save themselves? Heroes are not so selfish to throw away their morals for self-preservation," Sakura said. Her arms were crossed and she stood unmoving from her place before Monokuma.

"If you even are the headmaster at all." Kyoko said flatly.

"Wh-what did you say, little girl!?" Monokuma thrashed his arms about angrily. "How dare you question Monokuma's authority!! I ought to turn you into a Gungnir pincushion right here!"

(But then again, the murder weapon was a pole. So, we had come to the conclusion that Byakuya would never dirty his hands with such a thing, and would pay someone else to murder for him. Maybe thats why we said Toko because, although she has hemophobia, she does tend to do whatever Byakuya says. IDK the panel is over and done with, I suck at deductive reasoning  and get shy in front of a lot of people and didn't want to speak our collective answer because I got shy, but had to anyway, cause I lost rock paper scissors. Byakuya is still a dick. I had fun at the panel xD 

Also, I went to the dance showcase, before the DRP panel. These two girls were cosplaying Luka and Miku, but with short kimonos. I thought they were going to do Shojou Misui, but they actually did a beautiful dance to Magnet. It was so beautiful and they were amazing) 

"I agree. Such a headmaster wouldn't force his students to murder each other as well!" Leon said. The other students started to nod, agreeing with Leon's statement. 

"Yeah! Should't you be focused on what we could do for others instead of ourselves?" Hina asked

(sorry for taking so long to respond to this! Trying to reasonably RP Monokuma is way harder than it looks... luckily I know what to do now and advance the plot quickly to get into the action. Since we originally agreed that Leon would become evil by Junko's brainwashing, Sakura will still be the mole who has a hand in it with Mukuro but she won't end up committing suicide. I'm thinking of having Mukuro appear as an imposter of Junko like in the game too.)

"For others!? Did you kids hit yourselves on the noggin on the way to class!? There IS nobody to help!" Monokuma snarled. "The world is hopeless, helpless, abysmal, dreadful, absolutely engulfed in despair! The only way to survive now is to become cold and distant from the rest of what remains of this awful society. I can't have my dear, dear, DEAR students going out there and being brutally tortured by the sharks lurking in blood-tinted waters. I just couldn't bear raising bleeding hearts that will ultimately be crushed by cruel reality."

"Then we won't." Sakura said, arms crossed as she glowered at him from across the room. "We simply will train until we become strong in both body and spirit. Surely, if we stay together as one, we can grasp even a small glimmer of hope in the darkness and light our way back to order."

"Absolutely! Order is the only way in which a proper society can live! I would never resort to villainy simply to survive! Never, you understand!?" Ishimaru pointed at Monokuma and declared his refusal loudly in agreement with her.

"Tch! So bold, you kids... and how exactly are you going to do that when your only ticket out of here is to become a school of mutual killing?" The two-toned bear snarked back. "There is an immense level of security I've planned out just to keep your pretty little heads safe at night from the terrors of the outside..."

Kyoko didn't answer at first, while the rest of the kids muttered or remained silent since they didn't really have a plan to escape.

"Like I said... are you really the headmaster?" She finally responded.

"O-of course I am! What a foolish question to ask!" Monokuma snapped.

"And I'm saying you aren't." Kyoko said. "Tell you what, Principal Monokuma... if we can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt you aren't the Headmaster of Hope's Peak... then you lose and have to let us go once your white lies are thrown back at you."

"..." He was stunned into silence.

"But if one of us commits murder and the culprit is irrefutably a villain... then we lose and you can keep us in here forever. And if we end up not able to figure out who the culprit is correctly, then I guess we all become executed huh?"

Sakura, Kiyotaka, Hagakure and Celestia stared at her with shock. 

"Wh-wh-wait a minute! This isn't a game, Kyoko!" Hagakure stuttered, his face pale at what was apparently a death game she proposed to Monokuma.

"Oh really? Our headmaster seems to be thinking about it pretty hard." She said, not taking her cold eyes off of the bear.

(-insert gif of Mushu from Mulan saying I LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE-)

"So, what do we do, then?" Makoto asked. 

"Do we really have to go along with a....a killing game?" Hina asked softly. 

"If....If it's the only way to get out of here somehow, then....then I stand by Kyoko's suggestion," Sayaka said. 

"W-wait, Sayaka!" Makoto exclaimed. 

"We need to get out of here somehow," Sayaka said defensively. 

"I-If it's the only way. N-Not that I want to kill anyone, though!" Chihiro said. 

"Same here. I'll say right now that I don't want to kill anyone. I don't think anyone here does," Hina said. 

"I'll go along with it, if only to get out of here," Leon said. 

"I guess I will, too," Makoto sighed. His nervous hand started to act again as he swirled a small tornado above his hand with his finger. He really didn't like that this was the only way out, but if they had to go along with it, it was the smart, and only, choice there was.

Celestia chuckled to herself, twirling a lock of her hair with intrigue-- she seemed to find Kyoko very interesting. "I'm all for it-- it's no different than playing a game of poker, right? We just have to play our cards right. I would rather do that than try to sully my hands with blood."

"..." Sakura crossed her arms with a scowl. "Committing murder is foul and only those without honor would stoop that low. But I cannot think of any alternative that would give us any better odds. And being able to win requires that we learn to trust each other."

"That's right. We have to be willing to trust each other without fear of a murderer in our midst..." Kiyotaka said. "As a prefect, I solemnly swear to ensure the safety of all who will roam the halls of this institution! Count me in as well!" He announced, clenching his fist in determination. It was a display that made Hagakure sweat a bit.

"You guys are totally nuts! But if there ain't any other choice, guess I'm in it with ya for the long run. W-whaddoya say to that, Paddington?" He taunted Monokuma nervously.

The bear smushed his paws together, mulling it over.

"Upupu... upupupu! Okay, we've got a deal kiddies! Let's see how long you all can go without resorting to a life of mutual killing in despair!" Taking out a teaching baton, he hoisted it in the air while imitating the school bell that would normally ring for dismissal. "Ding-dong dead-dong~! Rise, and bow! Classes are dismissed for today. Enjoy the truce while it lasts..." He snickered deviously before sitting on the teacher's podium, still and unmoving as it slowly descended into the floor, down what looked like some kind of elevator chute that only a toy of his size could fit into, before a false flooring tile slowly moved to cover it.

"H-he's gone..." Kiyotaka said.

"Well, that went over better than expected," Kyoko crossed her arms with a smile. She seemed satisfied in her small victory against the creepy bear. "But before we can start investigating, I think it will be best if we head down to the mess hall and start exploring the academy halls from the inside out. Nobody will be able to think on empty stomachs."

"And figure out where we're gonna sleep! I think I saw a dormitory hall on my way here." Hagakure said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom