Escaping the Blind (might change name later)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically all humans are assholes no one can be trusted and you should go it alone?

Eh, we'll then what is the fucking point. You survive just so you can die alone never have kids and the race dies out. 

It goes against every single human instinct to be how your suggesting. 

So not your typical Joe. Normal people would be drawn together for safety in numbers and would exhibit normal human emotions. If we're just gonna be a bunch of emotionless drones tho then survival is unlikely. 

Now to be clear. This argument was never so my characters can have children or anything of the sort. I was just pointing out that by this point civilization would have started rebuilding itself, as it does after every major disaster. 

Also I stick by what I said: Even if it took seven years your character should be waaaay closer to Oregon by now. Its been a quarter of a century. Why is it only know 15 years later Our characters suddenly realized "Oh hey, this kinda sucks. I wanna move someplace nicer."

I never said you have to die alone. I want to point out risks and consequences. Go ahead and has a billion kids, not my fault if they die due to a horde or get infected, spreading it more rapidly since they are in a group. People will procreate all signs of  threats have been eliminated. Would YOU have a kid in the middle of an apocalypse that has no sign of getting any better?

No one ever said emotionless drones. 

Boris was in New York when this happened, so he didn't stand still lol.

And I literally just started my RP, how about letting things unfold before we jump the gun? I already said what wasn't going to be in the RP but you can have your characters act how you want them to. How's the others will react to you is not my factor to control. Everyone reacts differently I need an apocalypse, especially when people die like flies from zombies and humans alike.

The main goal is to arrive in Portland Oregon and find a cure. Some want to make their own cures while some just want to escape the chaos. In it are a mix of good and bad people but you cannot tell which is which because both can kill you. It's very very foolish to trust someone you don't know.

Alright, so as long as there are no babies, everything is cool right? Because we never planned to have babies in the first place lol. We just wanted to discuss what would happen if 15 years passed. And babies were just one of the points.

No babies or people under the age of 13. Hopefully if you're 13, you have common sense to survive, right? Lol

But yeah, no kids please.

Correction: Last of Us had a time-skip of nearly twenty years in-game (after you play the introduction) and the apocalypse was still fucked, humans were only an handful in numbers and infections are still around. Last of Us 2 will continue this (with another time-skip of 5-10 years). 

With that said, 15 years isn't an issue.

Baby Boom wouldn’t happened when there’s few in the population. Weapons and Ammos would most likely be stockpiled by a few “groups” – especially the military. Meds/Food would most likely continued in some form or fashion (where food are being stockpiled/rations/hunting). Z is pointing out an cynical view of the world. People won't band together where self-interests are in play here.

“Cities will be engulfed by plants and people that didn't get infected will have also adapted to their environment. We'll get to that point soon.” This was said in the OP. She never said there won’t be other colonies (or otherwise, other groups) and most likely will encounter them based of the OP – but the main objective is traveling to Portland, Oregon to conclude the story proper.

Just to chime in bc I like these kinds of things, I feel like it'd take longer than 15 years for society to rebuild itself after total collapse- the setting is in a postindustrialized country where a large majority of people aren't self-sufficient and are used to having others do that work for them (i.e. farmers, delivery trucks, etc). When there's only one place that is the only safe haven and has isolated itself from the rest of the country, it's very difficult to assess where they could even start to rebuild. Since so many ickies are running about. :lmao:

Many people in times of chaos, both socially and whatnot (or during periods of war), tend to refrain from having children because it adds a burden. This burden only increases the risk of death. Can't deny a lot of 'accidents' would happen. I think babies born around this time would grow to be completely mute because of their being constantly discouraged from mimicking language. To say that the birth rate has significantly declined while the mortality rate has surged upwards is not too farfetched for a time period like this. Especially when most people in the US prefer to have a doctor help them give birth at the hospital. :p

I can see some communities being present here and there, but these are usually led by people who are authoritarian in their leadership and also are rather hesitant to let new people in, considering they will have supplies potential raiders will want to kill for. There's almost always a territory or general tension going on between adjacent communities. Genuinely nice people by now are probably really hard to come by or they're just really good at keeping a facade. The ones that have lasted are probably rare to cross and are nomadic or just very small in number. Just some of my food for thought. I like to ramble about this kind of thing :p

Alright, so we all agree that the babies booming thing won't happen. And we never planned to have any babies in this game anyway. Let's leave that aside.

It's just that we are creating a small community in Georgia so we wanted to discuss the whole 15 years thing. (the current group can stumble across it later since it's on their path and plain walking is boring). Maybe something big can happen there. (A traitor perhaps? Or the people are divided into 2 sides and battle for power or some shit along those lines) What do you guys think?

I wouldn't mind since it's a fairly common thing to see in a zombie-themed story. I don't know how Z would like to incorporate it into the RP (if at all of course since that's up to her). At a glance I could see it be introduced in passing by it, since the current ragtag groups probably would not stick around in that community depending on how they come across it in the first place.

That's something you need to talk to Z before making plans since it is her RP.

Sounds like you two were planning a RP of your own inside of mine, which I will not allow, especially being my first RP. You two want to add your own story and that means I'd have to work my entire plan/story to include yours as well as add Blinders/Special Blinders/other groups/and the responses of the other characters. Being my first RP, that's too much for me to handle, especially since I just started. If our ideas are clashing then it will not work. If that's the case, then this RP might not be the best one to start that colony idea you two have in mind. It's interesting and I certainly think it's possible, just not in my RP because we have two different approaches to the situation: Happy and Ideal vs. Dark side of reality. They don't clash well imo. ^_^;

However, if you two are really set on putting your ideas then I might suggest making a Private RP to test it out. It can be between you two (or anyone the GM invites). Since it's a Private RP, you can add your rules how you see them. If I were to add your ideas in my RP, it wouldn't really be a major thing in my story. The group would just say hi and move on (At least for Ezra and Boris, they wouldn't care. I won't speak for Loopy and Shine.) and it really wouldn't be important other than just getting food and resources. I can't keep up with what will happen to the group AND the colony, especially when they are so far away from each other. I mean, we're not even in Georgia yet.

Alright. I'm sorry if we were a too forceful. When we talked about the 15 years it wasn't even about the colony. Niki just told me she found the 15 years too long and I suggested she bring it into the planning thread. Then since it was kinda related to the colony I brought it up, it's my bad for choosing the wrong timing. We've been doing private rp for too long so the way we talked didn't sound right. Sorry about that. 

Well, we are just going to have 2 or 3 more characters each. They're a bit further South (cause Niki already put her characters in Ocala so mine need to be there to interrac) but they have like a mini truck so they can eventually meet the current group later in Georgia.

Athena's Gate community was going to be a potential resting point to allow for restocking and rest. It was waypoint and some additional characters of ours were going to join the group going to Portland from there. But it was in no way shape or form gonna be a Hijacking. 

I was planning for it to actually be over run, and the leader killed, and then the surviving members were going to join the main team. It was more a plot devise to get the characters together and give sometime for the ones in Ocala time to catch up. But its fine I've nixed it.

So what about everyone else? This sounds like something only you and Hairball would do (Since you guys planned it). That's a major plot point you added in my story that completely messed up what I had in mind and destroys what my story is about. You can't just add any plot point in a story, expecting it to fly perfectly, especially when it's not yours. While I appreciate the ideas and think they're great, as I said before, it won't work in my RP (At least what I have planned out)

Ezra and Boris would not care at all about your colonies and only use you guys for food and supplies. They care about their end goal, not starting a new one half way. 

The only reason I'm against it in my RP is because:
  • If the colonies know how to fight back Blinders, there's no point in me attempting to control them and fight you. They will just easily handle any Blinders I throw at them. I won't make special Blinders just to make the colonies feel like they're in trouble/danger. This isn't about the colonies, it's about everyone.
  • If I DO allow the whole colony thing to happen, what'll be the point of people wanting to go to Portland? It would just be easier for them to band up making the whole point of Portland absolutely useless.
  • What would be the whole point of the story in general? Everyone's living happy, where's the fun in that?
  • Blinders will become absolutely useless, thus, further making the story even more pointless.

I'm sorry I had to reject your idea but it conflicts with too much I've worked on for a while now. As I said earlier, you can make a Private RP and test it out for yourselves if that's something you two truly want to do. Don't let me stop you from making this idea into an actual RP you two want to do in private. I think it's cool and you guys should give it some thought in an actual RP Setting.

Kk sorry again. We'll move it elsewhere. 

Though, I'm still adding some characters with a pickup truck or someform of transportation if that's ok.so nikiy's can have someone to interact with. She put them too far from the current group so we'll have them run into the current group when we have the chance.

So if its alright with everyone, I'm gonna move my characters up to the Georgia woods instead of the woods in Ocala that ways they can meet up with the crew there instead of trying to find away to have em catch up faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom