Not open for further replies.

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
Original_f27b10_5743099.jpg
Bob Ross Event: Donut Steel​

The Bob Ross Competition is intended to draw out the maximum potential of artists of all media. Exclusive to the Art Garden section, any artists, whether you do traditional, painting, digital, etc., is able to jump into Bob Ross Competition series and showcase their artwork, win cool awards, badges, along with exploring out of your artistic comfort zone. Each Bob Ross Competition differs from one another with their own set of rules and tasks, designed to add variety, generate consistent interests and bring in new dynamics. Thus, you will be able to participate in different kinds of competition that suits your needs or if you’re feeling you want to test your skill, join a competition to push you to the utmost limit. 

Each Competition will not be decided by polling from members. Instead, the winner will be decided by two-three anonymous volunteers who will not participate in the competition. They will be able to provide any comments or feedback (provided by the administrator) along with their votes of the best artwork as followed by the rules of the competition.

Donut Steel Event focuses on Original Characters created by various artists. For the purpose of this event, it will focus on Original Characters members of the forum had created. Artists are now challenged to pick one character from a selection of Original Characters provided below and draw them in your style while staying true to the original design. Are you capable of turning members' OCs into stunning artwork!?  

Donut Steel Event will begin on Thursday, November 30th at 10:00 AM and ends Saturday, December 30th at 12:00 AM PDT. You MUST provide your own original content. In other words, do not steal artwork from other artists, recolors are not considered artwork and make sure they are safe-for-work. Please USE IMGUR when posting your artwork.

Rules
  • There will be a maximum list of 10 OCs you can pick. You can only pick ONE.
  • You can submit an Original Character (if it below 10 OCs) before the 29th 12:00 AM PDT. However, you cannot pick your own OC.
  • When picking an OC, you MUST send a PM to LoopyPanda. It will be first come, first serve basis, and once an OC has been claimed, LoopyPanda can cross out the OC from the list.
  • You can use any medium in arts for this competition. 
Awards for Donut Steel Event
  • Artist Badge: Participation in the Bob Ross Competition!
  • OC Master: For winning the Donut Steel Event!
  • Michelangelo Badge: Win Bob Ross Regular Competition!
  • Mioi Badge: Win Bob Ross Regular Competition 2 times!
  • Da Vinci Badge: Win Bob Ross Regular Competition 3 times!
  • Bob Ross Award: Win 6 Bob Ross Competition (3 Regulars and 3 Special Events)

OC LIST

tumblr_nwqmwhC9Im1twr13no1_1280.png
Marina is now taken.

sWBzkFY.jpg
Malugia is now taken.

vapor_by_z_omni-d99tyvx.jpg

taking_a_rest_by_rt912-dacq2az.png
Brachi is now taken.

tumblr_p05l4netDB1rsm84jo1_400.jpg
tumblr_p05l4netDB1rsm84jo2_1280.png

Reference art courtesy of ShineCero.

xYd5cJl.jpg

Larger (albeit blurrier) image:
3QxFaHf.png

Notes from Nick: 
  • She is a half-elf
  • The stripes of color in her hair are feathers
  • The outfit is supposed to be chain-mail, but any outfit will suffice; does not need to be exact.
Aeiri is now taken.​

Good evening! I'm comin' at you with another update to the OP: Kassava (Vegetto's character) is now available to draw!

Some quick updates:
1. There are now 5 more slots available to enter OCs for drawing. (PM me to take one)
2. We now have 1 volunteer to judge! There are two more slots for judging open, please let me know if you would like to do so!

This post will be merged with my last by tomorrow.

I won't be entering for two reasons: 1. I'm not sure who I'd draw 2. I'm on an art block

All the applications are now complete. Judges, please send your reviews/final decision to LoopyPanda before the end of today.

The results are in!
The contestant who won the majority vote from the judges' panel is...​

ShineCero!
BAQeh8j.png
:superkat: Congratulations on winning our first Bob Ross Competition! :superkat:

I hope all the entrants enjoyed this Competition, all the entries were wonderful! :D
If you didn't win this competition, don't get discouraged! We have plenty more Bob Ross competitions that will be released down the line-- this is just the beginning, and our first Bob Ross Competition went swimmingly! Stay tuned for future competitions.
As always, I thank you all for your participation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom