DBZ: The Shadow of Revan (Act Two Continuation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mioi scratched her head awkwardly at the sudden outbursts from both Revan and Red Mist, one of whom she didn't actually know her name. 

"Pardon me, but, what ails you, short life form?" Mioi asked Red Mist. Returning the lightsaber she wielded to its resting form, she walked towards the group. She hardly knew anyone here, so she wasn't quite sure what the normal behavior for any of them were. "I do not see why you deem it necessary to do harm to your circulatory system. The objective is not over yet, we have the Emperor to face imminently. Freedom is not in any of our grasps yet if that is your source of distress." She kept her distance, knowing it wouldn't be wise to immediately approach a life form reacting in such a volatile manner. Mioi wasn't sure what to do. Especially when time was not a luxury.

Brachi and her group remained silent as they watched this exchange happen, deciding not to interfere. For good measure, Majin Bara used her Healing Beam once more on Brachi, ensuring her wounds were healed and at the same time restoring her energy as well, while Xenest rubbed his own shoulders, also being healed by their Majin friend. It was a moment where they expressed their gratitude for having her by their side as a very valued friend and asset during combat.

Red Mist quickly moved away from Vegetto with the biggest grin on her face. She listened to him nonetheless and lowered her purple blade. It returned back to its normal state and listened to Mioi's question. Such a question seemed to have struck deep into her core and her head tilted to Mioi, her hair covering half her face and all that was visible was the bloody side of her face with a wide eye and tiny green pupil. She seemed easy since this being the first time she actually communicated with Mioi.

"What ails me..?" She chuckled. "I should have seen pool of blood at my feet but instead I got my own." Red Mist slowly rose to her feet, her muscles popping and almost crushing her bones by how tense she was. "How truly weak I have become... I despise this fact. I was programmed to eliminate targets, destroy cities, and eradicate armies all on a silent night. Look at me now, this pathetic Jaz person has made me weak, has destroyed my purpose... I must kill her before you all stop me."

Red Mist seemed to wobble to Mioi and stumbled back on her knees, this time placing her hands in front of her. She was shaking from the pain but she didn't show it, almost as if she truly didn't feel it.

"Free to do as I please... a weapon with a mind of its own, what can you expect." Red Mist panted. "When I swear... when I get stronger, I will kill you all... All of you will stain my flesh red with your blood. Until then... do not be alarmed." She looked at Mioi before sighing. "I am free yet I have no purpose. A feeble weapon, pathetic, and broken. None of you fools can tame me..."

She rose to her feet once again, taking a sharp breath and glancing at her hand.

"Only a true master can wield this weapon and none of you are a master... Everyone here are weak minded fools who rely solely on power to make a lasting moment in history. Only small-minded fools wish to set an image for the world to see. Only ignorant slaves to power believe peace is picking a side. These fools who solely reply on power are the weakest of them all. Not one is strong enough to control me and unleash my full potential..." She then glanced directly at Mioi's eye. "That is what ails me, Horned Creature..."

Revan's anger remained, his expression contorted in a mixture of pain and rage. He slowly rose to his feet, struggling to stay upright.

"How dare you! I tried to reason with you...I tried to show all of you the errors of your ways! You wouldn't listen, so what other force could I use other than power?!"

Vegetto kept his eyes narrowed, watching Revan collapse down onto one knee again.

"I was destined to save the universe. To bring peace...not to be scolded by a fool who can't see the big picture. I am the only one with the strength to go as far as needed, only I can destroy him!"

He snarled.

"How else do you plan to fight him?! His bodies can be destroyed, but he will just live on!! How can you stop him when you don't have the power to even fight him?!"

Mioi simply had her head tilted to listen to Red Mist. She twirled part of her hair between her fingers in thought, not speaking for several moments.

"You do not appear to be a weapon... perhaps it is something I have not witnessed in my life span. Regardless." Mioi paused. "I have no awareness of any life form named 'Jaz' either, although... my telepathy gives me a kind of feeling you are not the sole receiver of my communication. Unfortunately, you are right. If there is no life form that controls your actions, it may simply be because there is no outside force to give purpose." She slightly crouched and tentatively wiped at part of Red Mist's face for her to feel more eye-to-eye. "You search for an authority to give you a purpose... troublesome indeed. I do not intend on mindless violence, but it seems you and I may be in the same situation in a form. I'm more or less here to obtain answers for my home's destruction. But after that, I am unsure what would be my own purpose. After all that has happened. A refugee alien with the title of padawan. I do not belong."

Mioi closed her eye, but her expression seemed a bit sympathetic. "Weak as I am, however, I do have a determination that keeps me alive. As you are determined to find a source of purpose. One or both of you. Until then, I propose we do the "sticking together". Although, you seem to be in a worse condition than I." Mioi looked in Majin Bara's direction. "If it is no trouble to you, might you take care of the short one? She appears hardly able to stand."

"Maybe if you lot would be so kind to fill us in on the two years of our lives we have missed or even return that to us, perhaps we would have reacted differently," Golden Demigod Brachi snarled, getting upset as a vein pulsed in her forehead anime style, "as if dealing with an Arcrosian whom came back from the dead and a power-lusting demon whom likes to torture others, including his own kind for his own pleasure weren't bad enough already."

"I just wish for my master to return." She said to Mioi, her entire body seeming to have calmed down. "I just... I just want Master back. Only he know how to truly control my power. I with to aid you all but I do not know how without losing control. I hope this hasn't cost too much to the group." Red Mist's legs trembled by how ripped her muscles were but she refused to seek help. She was stubborn but she didn't want to show weakness of any kind. A chuckle slipped past her lips.

"Perhaps you and I can work together, Horned creature." Her devious smile returned. "We can find our purpose together, non~? I jest. Know that should you decide to team with me, I will not promise your safety. I also cannot promise that I will not attack you. The same applies for everyone else." 

Red Mist turned to hear Revan and frowned.

"You are weak if you were defeated by a fool, Revan." Red Mist sighed. "I understand your intention but are we not fighting for the same cause..? You're right when you say I do not understand, but you have failed to show me what I must understand. Maybe I just truly do not understand what we are fighting for..." Red Mist grunted slightly in her pain while she walked over to Revan.

"Sir Revan, you fight for peace and you truly are a good man in my eyes." She placed a hand on his shoulder, gently. "But I believe that we might be walking on different paths. We keep clashing, do we not? Perhaps I truly was wrong, maybe we're all wrong, but we should not continue this senseless violence. If we both are fighting for peace, why must we continue fighting each other? This I do not understand." She stayed in front of Revan, despite how dangerous he was earlier, truly, she was fearless or insane. 

"The enemy may be strong but we will see through his cloak of mysteries." Red Mist turned her back to Revan. A calm smile slithered on her face, almost accepting her fate. "And if we cannot... I guess we were all fools from the start, huh?"

Revan scoffed.

"Is that all it takes for you to lose your patience? Two years of your lives and you can't control yourselves in the face of mortal danger?"

His attention turned back to the Red Mist, his shoulders tensing at her touch. Vegetto's eyes widened a bit, watching the tattered robed warrior make no effort to shake off her hand as he panted slightly. The struggle was clear in the man's expression, barely standing.

"And what do you think I'm doing? I'm bringing him to light...he will finally be expunged from his hiding place once and for all!"

Gogeta kept his eyes narrowed.

"You have to stop this Revan. Reviving the Emperor by destroying this planet will give him exactly what he wants. He will consume us all!"

Revan snarled, stepping back slightly.

"I won't stop!! Not until I conjure the Emperor!"

Beerus peered upwards, glancing around slightly at the sudden rush of dust at his feet. A strong current of wind suddenly blasted up from behind the warriors, heading towards the large temple structure behind Revan. The robed warrior immediately spun on his heel, his eyes darting around frantically at the dimming inside the cave.

The familiar dark voice rung out like a chuckle, seemingly from the ceiling itself.

"You wanted my return...but you did not need to destroy whole fleets or turn a world barren for that..."

Vegetto turned his eyes towards the temple, the rushing roar of the wind nearly drowning the ominous voice.

"You merely had to point the Z-Fighters to a shared adversary and let them do what they do naturally: make war."

Revan gasped slightly, the entire chamber itself rumbling from the force of the small earthquake. The shockwaves grew in intensity in the dark voice's rising tone.

"The residue energy from your battle has finally nourished me. The last part of my power has awakened...and it brings...death!!"

Darth Marr crouched down slightly, his tone urgent.

"Stay down!"

Revan let out a monsterous roar, a large golden shield of energy rapidly shooting up in a dome around the group of warriors as the chamber began to shake in a powerful earthquake. The outside walls became a distant blur, the violent shaking distorting all sight.

====================================

Meanwhile, on the surface of Ziost......

[video=youtube]

==================================================================

The quake soon began to lessen in intensity, the ground soon returning to a complete stop once the force had completely departed the underground ruins. A powerful energy signature could be felt slowly ascending into space, leaving behind the group of warriors as the sole survivors on the planet.

Vegetto dropped down to one knee, clutching the side of his head with a groan. Beerus glanced upwards, keeping an emotionless expression.

"I could feel their energies too. It was as if millions of lives all...cried out in fear and terror. Then, suddenly silenced."

Revan collapsed to the floor on his back, his energy signature rapidly failing.

"You...have...to stop...him..."

Brachi scoffed as she ceased the two floating orbs around her, powering down to a degree while remaining in her Golden Demigod form for the time being.

"You tried to kill us seconds ago and NOW you sue for peace, pleading for us to stop whoever awakened here? While I am going to do my part into defeating the bigger threat, you have MUCH to answer for, Revan, just like a few others around here." She said, her arms crossed, floating up a bit as if moving to contemplate things.

Xenest watched her go, the bitter tone in her voice not escaping her attention.

"So much has changed since you left us behind on Cold Prime I, Vegetto..." he muttered.

"He protected us from what killed every life form on the surface of this planet. It tells me enough of his character." Mioi felt bad for Revan too, despite the fact he attacked them so ferociously, he still ended up helping them in the end. "His condition is critical. If he loses his life, we must make it not be in vain. Our enemy is the same, all things aside. And we still failed. This is only the beginning. The Marclops clenched her fists in frustration before releasing them. 

"It was a loss from the very beginning. But the aftermath of that sensation is gone for now..." Her arms shook from the aftershock of the quake. Mioi lifted her head to stare upwards before her eye widened and she immediately looked around them. 

"Goku and the short Saiyan haven't returned yet, wherever they have phased off to." She said, looking concerned. If they both left, why is it they had to leave in the middle of the fight, and still haven't returned? Churning all the possible reasons in her head she began to pace back and forth. The ache in her arm was dull now, but she wasn't in much of a condition to wield the saber at full ability yet. The scar tissue of the wound was a dark grey, jutting out noticeably against her black skin. 

"There is a reason they aren't back yet, correct? Why..."

Whis kept a narrowed stare.

"Indeed, perhaps the matter is more serious than we anticipated. Our next move should be to aid them in whatever problem is currently in play on Earth."

Revan heaved heavily, the pain clear in his words.

"Your planet...means nothing now. He is free...you have to find him. For once...give up your petty attachments...and see the big picture..."

===============================

Vegetto's eyes widened slightly, the expression of rage clear in his face as he kept his head bowed and turned towards the ailing Revan at his feet. His pupils quickly darted to the edges, where Brachi had floated past moments ago. His chest slowly rose and fell with his increasingly labored breaths small pockets of black lightning erupting around his body.

You dare judge me?!

Beerus' eyes caught the display, his voice low with an emotionless stare.

"Perhaps this isn't the best time for-"

The god stopped mid sentence, stepping back instinctively as Vegetto rapidly spun around with an outstretched arm. Gogeta's eyes also widened, shielding himself from the rapid currents of wind erupting out in every direction from Vegetto's body, followed shortly by a massive purple energy wave quickly barrelling down towards Brachi.

Sensing this, Brachi teleported out of the way, the purple wave searing past the position where she had been mere seconds ago, the sudden attack surprising even Xenest, but what was even more surprising was the fact that Brachi suddenly teleported to Gogeta's side in an instant, her Golden Demigod form shining like an illuminated lamp, yet she didn't make a move to attack, instead remaining calm and collected as she floated in place, her arms crossed while her red eyes gazed towards the two fusions before her.

"Did you think I would forget what you did? Leaving my friends and myself behind in the midst of the fight against Siber and his cronies without leaving something as much as a message? Your desertion has indirectly caused my death at the hands of that monster, with most of my friends having fallen in the ensuing final battle some time after that and you never bothered to check on us until this whole mess with Revan started... I felt betrayed by those whom I considered my equals and my best friends; do you have any idea what kind of an impact it had on my friends and me? Only Dread Master Bestia of all people went to check on us and intervened on her own behalf when the situation was at its worst. All I want is a simple explanation and a sincere apology from you for what you did. That's it; nothing more, nothing less. Just do those things and it's done with, period. I have no interest in fighting you due to the bigger threat which is currently out right now, unless you're blinded by your own pride and your current status as the Emperor of the Sith. You would ask the same from me if the roles were reversed, wouldn't you? How would you react if my friends and I suddenly went up and left for our home universe without telling you what was going on, huh?" She calmly asked, waiting for either Vegetto or Gogeta to answer. 

"What about our confrontation with the Demon Lord Ruthas?" Xenest asked.

"They couldn't have known about that battle taking place in our universe, so that isn't worth to mention, despite the hell we have gone through against him." Brachi calmly replied, hoping to at least spike the curiosity of the others with the exception of her close friends from her universe.

Red Mist stared at Revan, watching him slowly succumb to the cold embrace of death. She couldn't help but frown. She felt as if Revan was right in some points and she just wan't strong enough to understand. She let out a low sigh and lowered herself to his level. She knew he would pass any moment but she almost felt as if this was somewhat her fault. Her hand was placed on his chest, almost as if trying to calm him down, despite the fighting going on behind her. It was obvious that she truly wanted to fight for peace as Revan wanted.

"Sir Revan..." Red Mist muttered. "Please, no more." Red Mist seemed to almost appear to cry but her emotionless expression seemed to have prevented her from doing so. Regardless, a lone tear rolled down her cheek. "I wish to apologize for everyone that has caused you trouble, including myself... I also want to thank you for opening my eyes. You have saved us from certain death..." She balled her hand into a fist. "And we have disgraced you."

Another tear rolled down her cheek and landed on top of Revan's chest. 

"I will fight for you, Sir Revan. I will try my best to bring the peace that you want... Please, do not move anymore Sir Revan, save your strength and feel no more pain." Red Mist stayed by his side until the very end. "Forgive me, I was a fool to your words..."

Mioi narrowed her eye and turned away from the outburst between Vegetto and Brachi. "This quarreling is meaningless to me at the moment. Is there a possibilty to even locate the Emperor? If those two haven't returned, there is a probability to find him on Earth." 

Mioi looked in Revan's direction. "We will know of his presence if it is anything like what we felt just now. But we need to leave here immediately before any more unnecessary damage is done." Unfortunately, she had no way of immediately leaving without help. And it was clear interfering directly in the quarreling would get her injured with Vegetto's violent outburst. 

"Settle this quickly. Time is not in our favor and it's very likely the Emperor will be on the planet Goku left for." There was a hint of irritation in her voice, but it remained more or less flat. She had little tolerance for unnecessary bickering, and it seemed to her that such personal things occurred at a least convenient time. The alien glanced towards the other beings. "Correct me if I'm wrong."

Revan huffed slightly, nodding at the Red Mist.

"Thank...you...."

The man slowly slumped to the floor moments later, his energy signature diminishing into nothing within a few seconds.

=========

Vegetto only snarled in response, turning to face towards Brachi. Gogeta hesistated, taking a small step away from Brachi as Vegetto's venomous words rung out.

"My pride?! You're the one who's held onto some petty and pointless grudge for over two years now, holding over my head just because you can! On and on you moan and complain. Siber this, and Siber that!"

He clenched his fists, lightly hitting his chest.

"Me, me, me. Is that all you seem to care about is yourself?! I already told you why we left, and we did it for a reason bigger than some Arcosian attacking your universe. Yet still you cling to it like a petty little child, and you want to say my pride is the problem!?"

Gogeta kept a frown, his voice a bit weaker than the tyrannical tone of the other fusion.

"Please...we need to let this go...both of you..."

Vegetto's eyes narrowed slightly even more, moving into his signature offensive stance.

"No, I've had enough of this. You want to know how I really feel then?!"

The fusion spat towards the ground.

"I couldn't care less if you up and left. You've done nothing for this team ever since you started fighting this threat, I don't need a single thing from you. And if you want some help dying for your petty little anger, then c'mon! I'll be glad to put you in the dirt where you belong!"

Gogeta blinked, his mouth hanging open and remaining silent in shock as he turned slightly towards Brachi.

Red Mist ran a hand on Revan's face to close his eyes. She then placed her hands together in prayer for Revan.

"Please rest easily, Revan." She whispered. "I will try my best to fight for the peace you longed for. Forgive me for not understanding sooner..."

She continued her prayer for a while until she finally rose and bowed her head to the fallen Revan. Her head quickly turned to the others. She threaded carefully around the fighters and slipped to Mioi's side, watching nonetheless. She seemed annoyed about this fighting, especially after she made a promise to Revan. She looked to Mioi, an emotionless expression on her face.

"Will you aid me to create peace?" Her voice was void of emotion. "The battle will be hard but I might need someone to...calm me. I do not think you are capable, but you seem promising, Horned creature." She turned back to Vegetto's fight. "I understand if you wish to have no part with me, for your life can very well be in peril if I lose control. I cannot promise that you will survive. Please think it through, Horned Creature."

She took one step forward to Vegetto and was careful not to get any closer.

"Sir Vegetto, we must avoid this conflict." She sounded almost like Jaz, as if it was actually Jaz trying to talk to Vegetto. "I understand you are angry but we must not fight to conserve our energy. We can settle personal matters after this conflict is over." Red Mist turned her head to see both Brachi and Vegetto. "Both of you are fighting at a bad time. We look past our petty differences and move on. Both of you are better than that, so show it like the strong folk that you are. Little insults should not spark a fight between you two."

Mioi looked towards the ground in thought for a moment before closing her eyes and rubbing her chin.

"It is true, and I am not in quite a condition to fight fully. I have risked losing my life ever since my home world was attacked. I know well what I have gotten myself involved in at any rate." Mioi looked at Red Mist directly. "Though you and I are not in optimal shape, it isn't like I will allow you to cause needless harm either."

"But, I do not tolerate unnecessary conflict. If you both so wish to waste what little time we all have to stop the Emperor and figure out what has caused Goku and the short one to disappear, I may deem it necessary to step in and convince you otherwise." Mioi wasn't looking to get hurt any more than she already was, but she felt like it was needless bickering. "I have no people to call friends or comrades, so I will never understand betrayal. However, it does not excuse this kind of behavior. If this has spanned longer than a year, then I do not understand why you both have never attempted to address the issue much earlier. Allowing this to fracture further will only hinder us all. Now is not the time to fall apart. There is no unity in this group. Without that, we will accomplish little. Regardless of what you do it for." 

"Maybe, instead of trying to kill each-other, we should find Vitiate or check on Goku and Vegeta." Haribu muttered to the group, specifically Brachi and Vegetto.

"He is right, you know..." Lucifer chipped in. "Your foolish bickering can come at a later time. There are more important matters to tend to."

Brachi scoffed.

"Just as I expected you to react, when all I want is just answers to the questions that I have and a simple apology. Maybe I didn't hear your reason enough, or it slipped my mind because of the turmoil we've been in. Very well, so be it then, just don't come crying to me like the pathetic Hom that you are right now when you do need my help. If you just would have given me what I wanted, I would have let this go for longer. Mark my words, Vegetto, you will regret what you have just said." She said, before she vanished... and was just gone. She didn't attack, nor did she make any other moves... it was as if she had gone away, her energy signature masked.

"I hope you're happy with yourself now." Future Xenest said.

"Brachi isn't one to hold grudges, but I believe there's something else behind it." Xenest said.

"You think she's being manipulated somehow?!" Majin Bara asked, shocked.

"I wouldn't be surprised, especially if it was Ruthas' doing. Only time will tell whether either Brachi or Vegetto come back to their senses, but especially Brachi... she was tortured the most by Ruthas after all, so it's logical that he may be still around even after we've defeated him..." Xenest said.

Vegetto snarled once again in response to Future Xenest, directing his anger towards him.

"Am I the only sane one here?! Look at how desperately she clung to her petty little need to hear me bow and lick her boots. Crying over some worthless need for an apology!"

Whis cleared his throat audibly.

"Seeing that you can't seem to direct your attention elsewhere, allow me to help you shift your thoughts. Goku and Vegeta have been killed."

Vegetto paused, his eyes widening a bit as he turned towards Whis along with Gogeta, who maintained his shocked stare. Beerus blinked as well, cocking his head slightly to the side.

"Wait...what was that?"

Whis kept an emotionless expression, his tone flat.

"I said, Goku and Vegeta have been killed. While you two were bickering, I decided it would be best to contact the Masters through telepathy in case we needed them to intervene in this matter. They've informed me of the development on Earth, where the two Saiyans have perished at the hands of invaders from a distant world."

His eyes shifted to Xenest.

"Along with the Martian homeworld in your timeline, although they were able to fend off the invaders before incurring critical losses. It would seem this civilization is capable of crossing dimensions with their ships, and have already ransacked even more worlds in this sector of the universe before retreating to their homeworld."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom