DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 2: A Dream of Empire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Impossible... could the release from our bodies have taken that long?... we need answers, and now. If we have been gone for so many years, the other worlds could have been pulverized already." Mioi clenched her hands in clear frustration. Just the sight of Arcann breathing made her angry. Taking a deep breath, she looked away towards the monitor, trying to make odds and ends of what was happening. "At this rate..."

The Dread Saiyan remained still, his expression unchanged.

"It is better you discover for yourself. Your minds are not ready for the exact truth..."

He gestured to the throne.

"I have guided your vision here, albeit, it was harder to direct for those who did not take their first steps. But the resonation of your power...your thoughts and wishes projected outwards through your source of power...have created an effect you may not have understood."

The Dread Saiyan dropped his arm, the scene around the warriors suddenly unfreezing. Arcann's one eye narrowed, the blue holoimage in front of him transitioning into the lone image of Vegetto Jr.'s face, nearly an identical copy of his father's.

Gogeta's eyes widened slightly, watching on as the scene before them suddenly froze once again.

"Junior."

The Dread Saiyan nodded.

"You managed to do what took me years to accomplish: to transcend reality and emit a level of energy beyond a physical means. Telepathy...except the message being more than just words, thoughts, or ideals. You sent out your very essence, crying for a way out. For it to be heard by one of the last Z-Fighters in this universe, far from the depths of Zakuul."

He crossed his arms behind his back.

"Yet you still have much to learn. Mastery over the unknown took years, if not decades, for my ascension. Extensive power will be your edge, but in truth, your ability to create such a ripple in the universe was only done through your combined might. Despite a couple of your fellow followers refusing to listen to my advice."

Panich remained silent along with Brachi and Xenest.
"You mean what we've done caused Junior to come looking for us?" Bage asked, slightly confused.

Mioi didn't say anything, simply gazing down to try and make sense of things. She was overall confused about what was going on, unsure of what t odo or say. So she chose to just listen for the time being.

"So this is the filthy boy that took my daughter's innocence?" Kire spat angrily. "Vile creature..." Kire turned to the one speaking. It was obvious that his anger and feelings for his daughter were a major weakness, for the most part. Regardless, his words were as stern as ever, ignoring the fact that Junior's family and friends were present. 

"Show me how to escape or whatever. Take me to that bastard..." His voice lowered slightly. "He will loathe the day he even met my daughter. I don't care what it takes, just give me a chance to kill him."

==========

Red Mist remained silent but stared at the image of Junior's face. Her own emotionless stance seemed to lower its guard. She seemed to be fighting with her programming and the rebellious nature of Jaz. She took a step back and placed a hand to the side of her head, confused. She regained composure but didn't take her eyes off of the image. Her hard gaze was soft.

"Junior.." She whispered to herself.

Vegetto's eyes immediately narrowed, turning towards Kire.

"You think you'd have a chance? I'll snap your neck before you can even escape from this little dream world."

The Dread Saiyan watched on with a confident smirk, nodding his head.

"Yes...that's good. Speak from your soul, and let your emotions guide you..."

Gogeta's eyes followed Vegetto, who also turned at the purple light having built up around his body. The bright light had slowly retreated, yet Arcann turned his head up, the scene before them having unfreezed. The prince's one eye was wide, scanning the room and spoke with a trite, demanding tone.

"What was that?"

"Uhh, so can he hear us or something?" Oriko asked, not sure of what else to say with what was going on around him.

Kire seemed to get annoyed that Vegetto butted in but he didn't shut his mouth. He wasn't a bad person but he just didn't want his daughter getting hurt. He scoffed and spoke with almost victory in his voice.

"Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." He said. "Keep your filthy son away from my daughter and maybe I wouldn't have to mail his head to you. But hey, if you trained that animal you call a son better, he wouldn't have his days numbered. He has to have gotten it from someone just as bad and I just wonder who~" When the familiar bright light faded, his smirk only grew while he crossed his arms over his chest. The voice of the prince sparked his attention back to reality but the question he asked seemed to work to his advantage. "Oh my, Lord Vegetto, what a horrible thing to say! You should use your head to watch your mouth."

==========

Red Mist remained silent to the childish bickering of Kire and didn't seem to understand what he was talking about. Her gaze never left the image of Junior's face.

What a nuisance. Mioi thought to herself, turning away from the bickering going on.

"If we aren't actually dead, the volatility you both are spewing may have revealed our presence to our enemy." Said Mioi. "Another nuisance."

The Dread Saiyan only chuckled in response to Oriko and Solaris' question, nodding to Kire and Vegetto.

"Watch, and see for yourself."

Vegetto's momentary attention on Arcann shifted immediately towards Kire, his eyes narrowing.

"Your daughter is old enough to make her own decisions."

He scoffed, the dark purple glow slowly beginning to build once more.

"Besides, why do you care? It's not like you're her real dad anyway: at least I was there for her all the years you decided to play with yourself somewhere deep in space..."

His narrowed gaze intensified.

"Just like your empty threats, your supposed love for your daughter is also a joke."

Beerus perked his ears up, one eye turned towards Arcann and the hooded woman in black. Both figures slowly rose from the throne, eyeing the walkway suspiciously while the golden knights turned their attention towards the group, the perplexion clear in their small, audible whispers. The visors were seemingly staring at the group as a whole, but their occasional turns indicated that they couldn't exactly see them.

"Perhaps this isn't the best time for you two to be doing this..."

"Come on, you guys! We're all on the same team here!" Bage chuckled and gave a worried smile, coming between the two in hopes to diminish the tension.

Kire's eyes flared when Vegetto mentioned how he was more of a father to Jaz than he was and that Kire didn't truly love Jaz as his daughter. His hand turned into a fist and he was ready to lash out to Vegetto but caught himself taking a deep breath. His anger seem to spike drastically when anyone mentioned his daughter but he had to keep his cool. The others were right and they shouldn't fight about this in their current situation. His entire body trembled by how angry he was. He kept his mouth shut for once and allowed Vegetto to continue his rant. He kept his head facing the floor but he instantly sprang it back up His eyes turned to a golden color. He was about to lunge at Vegetto but a strong hand kept him in place. He turned to see who it was and it was his daughter holding him back.

===============

Red Mist kept a firm, crushing grip on her commander's arm. She stared directly into her father's eyes and her tone was strict and cold. She pulled him down so that he didn't make any quick moves to Vegetto.

"Enough, both of you." She said loudly. "Listen to your friends and end this pointless bickering. Now is not the time to fight. Cease your actions commander."

"But he started it! I'm just looking out for my--" Kire was cut off by the powerful grip Red Mist had on his arm. She seemed annoyed because he shouldn't be acting this way around her.

"I don't care who started it, I'm ending it." She looked directly in his eyes. "You are showing emotions, Commander. This is war, you've trained me to cut ties to any emotions. I thought I should remind you the same thing. Get a hold of yourself, Commander."

Red Mist turned to Vegetto and offered a bow of her head but her words were just as cold and strict to him as to her father.

"Please forgive him, Lord Vegetto." She lifted her head to face him and her eyes had a killer instinct behind them. "Do not lay a finger on my Commander or I will be forced to attack you regardless if you are an ally or not. Do not make me your enemy. I suggest you, too, listen to the advice your friends have kindly offered." The soldier released her father and switched her gaze between the two, her face in an obvious scowl. 

She looked to her father, pointing a finger directly at his face. "You stop bickering over that worthless girl you call a daughter. I am a soldier and I am made to kill anyone and everyone who dare opposes you or me." She turned to Vegetto, giving him the same pointing finger. "And you, don't you dare hurt my Commander if you value the lives of the people around you." She paused for a moment to stare at the two and spoke out, almost ordering them. "Do I make myself clear to the both of you?"

Kire stared at the man across from him and his face was still as angry as ever. Regardless, he listened to his daughter and nodded his head. He was still stubborn with Vegetto and it was obvious that he held some personal drama between him and his son. He crossed his arms.

"Yeah, fine, whatever." He glared at Vegetto. "You stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours, deal?"

Earthlings never cease to amaze me. Mioi snorted through her nostrils.

She stared down towards Arcann and the hooded woman, unsure of what they were supposed to do. In a form of test, the alien began moving away from the group to see if that would make it noted by the guards there.

"The others are correct. Parental concerns over your offspring are meaningless right now." She peeked over at the others looking their direction. "They may have picked up on one of our life forces by now. I suggest we hide it somehow or leave to a different area within this facility immediately." 

"Unless there is a better solution."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom