DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 2: A Dream of Empire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegetto

Green Jacket
E8dSD0H.jpg

DBZ: The Fallen Empire

"Deception was not my desire. I followed you here so we could speak undisturbed."

"You truly aren't the same madman we fought on Ziost."

"Change overtakes even the strongest among us. All things evolve."

"Even you."

==================================================

Prelude of The Fallen Empire (Click here!!)

Character Registration (Click here!!)

=================================================​

===================================================

((OOC Information listed in italics must be followed! Take note: every single main character here will be addressed alone and by themselves. If you do not wish to play out a scene with Valkorian, simply avoid replying to the initial post here with any character you don't want to play out. It would make my life easier, but I would also enjoy playing out with any character as this is going to be the chapter that will develop people further into the story of the game more than any other.))

-------------------------

Your eyes instantly flutter open, jolting awake in the subconscious memory of the explosion in the throne room. Your peripheral vision is heavily restricted, blurred as your mind attempts to take in your surroundings while you discover yourself already standing.

You stand alone on a single, small asteroid floating adrift in what appears to be open space. Yet above you, the scene of the fleets being destroyed by the Eternal Ships hang in the sky, frozen in time. Your friends and allies are no where to be found: you alone stand in the vacuum of space unhindered by its emptiness. Your body is weak, sapped of nearly all strength for a peculiar reason, as well as a very subtle flu like feeling in your head.

oolbDBM.jpg
A voice rings out behind you, surprising you in your memorization of the scene before you. The Dread Saiyan's voice is as ominous and dark as ever, his smirk strong across his face while the white flame burns brilliantly atop his head.

"I have always loved the stars."

Mioi's eye slowly drifted in one direction and back. She couldn't tell if she was dreaming or not. She had her arms free. Which was odd; she didn't recall them being free any time beforehand. 

Once the alien caught Valkorian's voice, she felt to respond. 

"I've never viewed them quite like this. I am used to the darkness of the world Underground." Then, Mioi recognized the voice, slowly turning around.

"You!... But... I witnessed your own blood kill you before us. ....Am I dead?..." Mioi looked around herself, wondering is she really was killed and simply didn't remember it. If she was dead, then it luckily must have been painless.

"What the?!" Oriko looked around, stopping at the blurred sight of the Dread Saiyan. "What is this all about? One second I'm in your throne room watching you get stabbed through the heart, now I'm standing on an asteroid with you standing right next to me, perfectly fine?" He rubbed his head, trying to avoid making any unnecessary movements due to his current fatigue.

"Their presence grows a little duller every time I look at them..." Panich replied simply, glancing back slightly, seeing the blurry glow of the Dread saiyan. "But I don't suppose we're here to staregaze, are we?"

-----------------------

Bage gave a weak smile as he raised his head to look at the massacre of fleets, each ship glowing bright with explosions.
"I have too. They always keep shining so bright. Day and night, through peace or chaos." Bage turned to Valkorian sporting the same smile. "Kinda gives me a sense of hope... What about you?"

Solaris looked up.

"I don't. Though they are the source of my power, they were also my masters. Those who transformed me into a weapon and damned my life to servitude." He said with disgust before chuckling and turning towards Valkorian.

"What are we doing in my mind my master? Are you now going to teach me?"

---

Kira clenched her fists in rage.

"Solaris! I swore never again. And yet here you are, Sith." She said.

Kire looked on at the scene before him and he only wondered as to what happened. He has no memory which was odd for him. He said nothing at first to the voice that spoke to him but let down his hard composure to try and get a grasp as to what happened prior to these events.

"I guess I'm dead." Kire said with a slight chuckle. "Or you dying before was just an act. If you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

===========

Jaz's eyes fluttered open and she seemed uneasy about something. She looked frantically around for her father but could not find him in sight. Her ears pearked when the familiar voice rang out to her. Her voice was a slightly deeper tone than earlier and her face had a very serious demeanor. She replied to the man, almost as if he was her friend.

"Father used to tell me that the stars are people watching over me." She said sheepishly. "And he said they will always be there to guide me when I'm lost."

((Also, you're more than welcome to look at the other posts in this thread. Just remember: the only information available to your characters are the ones you can access. Remember to properly separate IC and OOC information.))

=========================

Mioi:

The Dread Saiyan kept a small smirk.

"No, your body is alive. Unreachable at this very moment, but still very much alive."

His gaze turned away from the stars, facing towards her with arms crossed behind his back.

"To call you a 'Jedi' would deny your true nature. Deep inside, I can feel the sorrow that drove you to their order in the beginning."

The flame continued to burn brightly, the man dropping his arms.

"Yet here you are. You've made the commitment to save everything and have finally accepted the burden of consequence."

His right eyebrow raised.

"Can you remember the questions you've been desperate to ask ever since Xer was dominated by my failed Empire?"

=========================================

Oriko

The Dread Saiyan chuckled slightly, still staring up at the stars.

"Your body is unconscious...knocked out from the resulting dispersion of my energy. You're in a dream now..."

His smirk widened.

"As for me, well, that's more complicated..."

He turned to face towards Oriko, his smirk still strong.

"Out of the entire group of warriors today, you are the only one of the group I do not have knowledge over. You are not from this real and yet, like Beerus, I sense a divinity within you. Tell me: why did you come to aid the Z-Fighters?"

================================

Panich:

The Dread Saiyan's smirk widened slightly at Panich's analysis.

"Perhaps we are. Each day, they drift further out of reach. However slowly, yet remain as symbols of hope for those who turn their gaze to the heavens."

His head turned to face toward the Saiyan princess, raising an eyebrow.

"Were you able to make out the glow of the stars as your world burned under the might of my Eternal Empire?"

=================================

Bage:

The Dread Saiyan chuckled in response.

"They were my motivation from the start. To transcend beyond the trivial limits of this existence as the stars beckoned me for a greater purpose, and discover new realms of reality that your minds can only fantasize about."

He turned to face towards Bage, his arms still behind his back.

"Our bodies are not what make us who we are. Voices...children...I no longer require those crude vessels."

The Dread Saiyan lifted his chin slightly, the flame retreating as his body began to dissipate into particles towards the burning wreckage above.

"At long last...I am truly free."

Not even a second later, the Dread Saiyan's voice rang out from behind Bage, his arms crossed behind his back while the white flame burned brilliantly atop his head once more.

"You, however, are still limited in your physical form. A form trapped in a timeless prison, thrown away and assumed dead."

He gestured to Bage with his right hand.

"The only way to free yourself is through my teachings. The question is; are you willing to become something more than just a man?"

==========================================

Brachi:

The Dread Saiyan kept a confident smirk, turning to face towards Brachi with arms crossed behind his back.

"What will you do if we are? You can already tell this is a dream: your physical form is trapped in a timeless prison that you can not escape from through brute force."

His smirk widened a bit.

"The fight is over, Brachi, and you have lost. There is nothing you can do...no one to save your family."

The Dread Saiyan dropped his arms.

"Your attempts to drown out your rage have only strengthened its power. You are welcome to unleash it here, but just like the real world, the only thing it will get you here is exhaustion and your allies' destruction."

==================================

Xenest:

The Dread Saiyan let out a small amused grunt.

"The subconscious of your mind. The explosion from my 'death' rendered you incapacitated, perfect for my son to freeze you in a timeless prison. Your body is trapped, unable to escape from the confines it is now held in."

He turned to face towards Xenest.

"Deception was not my desire. You deserve truth; I followed you here so we could speak undisturbed."

===============================

Solaris:

The Dread Saiyan chuckled in response, his eyes still up towards the stars.

"They were my masters too, only I did not serve them literally. They were my drive, my ambition, to realize a potential greater than most warriors dream of."

He turned to face towards Solaris slightly.

"A potential you fell from. Your body is trapped in a timeless prison, unreachable in your current state. It is time you learned to free yourself once again, to become equal with your former masters."

================================

Kira:

The Dread Saiyan's smirk fell slightly.

"I am no more a Sith than you are a Jedi. Just as I did in the past, you carry your title as a means to hide from your true self. Your ever present fear of my brother is beyond my care."

He turned to face towards Kira.

"Yet deep down inside, you know the Jedi have failed you as much as the Sith have. The only reason you cling to their order is in their misguided intentions. They can't help you...but they'd like to believe they care for your safety."

The flame continued to burn brightly as he scoffed.

"Now look where it has gotten you; frozen in carbonite and lost in your mind for eternity. Instead of relying on the good will of a false order, turn your open mind to my lessons. To the only being capable of liberating you from Vitiate's grasp."

========================================

Kire:

The Dread Saiyan's smirk widened slightly.

"The latter is correct, in some capacity. You witnessed the death of my physical form...but I live on. I no longer require the crude vessels that bind you to mortality."

A gentle breeze seemed to strike at the Dread Saiyan's left side, the man walking in front of Kire as his body rapidly turned to dust. His voice did not change as he disappeared into the broken wreckage above, seemingly come from the stars.

"At long last...I am truly free. My life is beyond death's reach now..."

The Dread Saiyan's voice soon rung out from behind Kire this time, his entire physical manifestation returned.

"While you are trapped in carbonite, locked away while your body remains out of your mind's reach."

His smirk returned.

"You have all the time in the world. What do you plan to do with it?"

===================================

Jaz:

The Dread Saiyan nodded his head once.

"My father told me the same lesson as well."

He raised an eyebrow, turning towards Jaz slightly.

"Can you hear them now? They are the only friends you have left...now that your body is trapped in a timeless prison. Will they show you the way, just as they have shown me?"

Vegetto said:
Panich:

The Dread Saiyan's smirk widened slightly at Panich's analysis.

"Perhaps we are. Each day, they drift further out of reach. However slowly, yet remain as symbols of hope for those who turn their gaze to the heavens."

His head turned to face toward the Saiyan princess, raising an eyebrow.

"Were you able to make out the glow of the stars as your world burned under the might of my Eternal Empire?"

=================================

Bage:

The Dread Saiyan chuckled in response.

"They were my motivation from the start. To transcend beyond the trivial limits of this existence as the stars beckoned me for a greater purpose, and discover new realms of reality that your minds can only fantasize about."

He turned to face towards Bage, his arms still behind his back.

"Our bodies are not what make us who we are. Voices...children...I no longer require those crude vessels."

The Dread Saiyan lifted his chin slightly, the flame retreating as his body began to dissipate into particles towards the burning wreckage above.

"At long last...I am truly free."

Not even a second later, the Dread Saiyan's voice rang out from behind Bage, his arms crossed behind his back while the white flame burned brilliantly atop his head once more.

"You, however, are still limited in your physical form. A form trapped in a timeless prison, thrown away and assumed dead."

He gestured to Bage with his right hand.

"The only way to free yourself is through my teachings. The question is; are you willing to become something more than just a man?"

Panich sneered at the Dread Saiyan's question, as if offended. 
"Please, the 'Stars' were the last things on my mind. I have learned that, in a way, hope is exactly like them," The princess gave a clear look of displeasure. "It shines so brightly and beautifully in your face, but in reality, its just a projection of something that's far beyond your reach and has been gone for thousands of years."
Panich then looked up at the destruction happening before her eyes, balling her hands into fists.
"The only true hope is power. And facing you has only proved that I barley have any."

------------------------

Bage perked up slightly at the word 'children'. The saiyan then thought about his son and daughter, his brother and his in-laws, his friends and all the good times he's had with them.
Bage motioned his eyes to the side, then turned to see Valkorian's gesture. 
"But... Everyone I care about.. Are you saying I'd have to let go of them... Leave them behind?"

Solaris lost any sort of amusement.

"Once again... Just like all those centuries trapped inside a mountain, within sealing wards, inside a suit of armor whose spell work trapped my mind from affecting my body! Cursed to eternal limbo between life and death." He then titled his head.

"Learn to free myself, surpass Jacen Kaiser and the Dark Master... How, how do I free myself from this all too familiar prison? The only way I freed myself from control was by allowing the control to be damaged in combat, until I could take over the spells controlling me."

---

"Whatever your teachings are, they are worthless. Like I said, I am a Jedi." Kira answered the Dread Saiyan. "And I will force you out of my mind again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom