DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 2: A Dream of Empire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegetto tensed, preparing to lunge at Bage for a moment, remaining silent with a hard scowl across his face as Red Mist spoke. He only snorted in response to Kire, turning his head away while Gogeta let out a small sigh in relief.

"He agrees."

The scene continued to unfold, Arcann deciding to return to his seat as the black robed woman moved down to the end of the stairs. Her narrowed eyes scanned the golden knights, clenching her fists.

"Something to say? Huh?"

The Dread Saiyan kept a confident smirk, crossing his arms behind his back with a slight nod to his left.

"The damage from your outburst has already been done."

Gogeta flinched, caught off guard from the sudden explosion that blew off five golden knights from the right edge of the walkway.

"Fine! No one wants to speak up, you'll all die together!"

A golden knight standing in the middle of the line from the other side cried out, his voice shaking.

"High Mistress Vaylin, please! None of us said a word, we swear!"

The black robed woman turned on her heel to face towards the knight, her narrowed eyes sizing up the man for a moment.

"Hmm......do you promise?"

The golden knight paused, before rapidly nodding his head.

"Yes!"

His voice erupted into a small cry, collapsing forward onto the ground after the small golden energy beam tore through his heart. The glowing blue pupils on the helmet of his armor dimmed into nothing, Vaylin turning back towards the throne.

"He could've been lying, but I'll honor his last wish this time. Another word out of turn, and the rest of you can join the others at the bottom of the throne room."

Bage had the same reaction as Gogeta when the explosion knocked the knight off, continuing to watch the scene as the other knight collapsed onto the ground.
Panich observed simply, turning to the group at the aftermath of the argument.

Kire watched as the knight dropped to the floor, dead. He seemed a little disappointed as to why this young person would kill them. He placed a hand on Red Mist's shoulder and gripped it hard. He seemed both happy and angry that she had to belittle him. He was still thankful to her but he had a harsh way of showing it, at least to Red Mist. 

"Yeesh, what a brat." Kire said to Red Mist. 

Red Mist remained silent, not moving or caring about the ordeal that befell in front of them. Her gaze seemed to rest on the floor and her thoughts seem distance. Since the image of Junior, she has been deep in her thoughts.

The Dread Saiyan kept a small smirk, nodding towards the throne.

"The problem is clear, is it not? I have passed beyond death's reach, my existence will forever be. While Zakuul has passed beyond all of my expectations, wielding the most powerful fleet in history with an order of Knights that wield ki beyond the power of the legendary Super Saiyans. But my children..."

His smirk diminished slightly.

"My children abuse their power."

Beerus rubbed his chin.

"What of their mother? Is she not able to keep them in line."

The Dread Saiyan shook his head once.

"I made...a mistake. I let her go."

He turned slightly on his heel, facing towards the outer dome of the throne room.

"Abandoning my past allowed me to experience pleasures I had denied myself before. I have known love on Zakuul..."

The Dread Saiyan turned slightly on his heel, glancing amongst the group.

"Who knows? Maybe some of you will find it."

Hearing the Dread saiyans explination, Bage turned his silent gaze to Panich. He began thinking about some things but decided to push them to the back of his mind.

"Sounds like you suck as a father." Kire said with a chuckle. "Then again... I'm one to speak. Haha! As for your lady, you should've kept her while you could. It's not everyday you find love, let alone returned feelings." Kire shrugged with a cocky smile. "But who am I to speak against such beautiful things?"

Kire turned to his daughter before placing an arm around her shoulders, pulling her in to a headlock. He rubbed his knuckle atop her thick skull.

"Ain't that right, Jaz~?"

==============

Red Mist remain silent throughout the whole ordeal but listened nonetheless. She seemed to be distance, almost as if her mind was in a completely different place. Her eyes were narrow and seemed to gaze hard at the floor. Only until Kire pulled her in and spoke her true name did her eyes widen and turn into a lovely shade of green but not without showing a hint of rage. It was almost as if she didn't want to go. The cheerful and lovable Jaz has returned and struggled against the loving embrace of her father. She pouted cutely.

"Lemmie go, daddy!" Jaz laughed. "Quit embarrassing me..!"

Mioi didn't seem to show very much interest in what the Dread Saiyan was saying, given how romance never concerned her and she wasn't particularly interested in his life story. 

"Aside from that, how is it we fight them? I am assuming we have no real... body, anymore."

"I would like to know the same." Panich agreed with Mioi, also letting the words about the Dread saiyans love life pass her ears. "We know we're invisible to these fools, but what of our power within this plain beyond existence?"

The Dread Saiyan broke out into his familiar smirk, turning back towards the group.

"You may have taken your first steps towards ascension, but you are still tethered to your physical forms. You will need them for now, it will take more time for you to accomplish what I have in store for you."

He crossed his arms behind his back.

"Once you are free, we must deal with my errant son and daughter before they ruin everything."

Vegetto kept his eyes narrowed.

"Why do you need our help? Can't you just do it yourself?"

The Dread Saiyan shook his head.

"They are deadly, and worse: lack discipline. Do not underestimate their threat; it will take all of us to undo the damage they can inflict."

Gogeta blinked, turning his head at the approaching Vaylin walking down the main walkway. She was within ten feet of the group at the end of the Dread Saiyan's statement, having moved past the others' notice as the Dread Saiyan spoke. She came within five feet of Mioi, her eyes widening and immediately stopping in front of the alien.

The hooded woman paused for a moment, her gaze frantically sizing up the alien while she slowly pulled her arms up into an offensive stance. Beerus purred slightly, his smirk rising.

"Ah...your daughter can see us."

The Dread Saiyan nodded.

"Vaylin always was...my favorite."

Vaylin's eyes slowly narrowed, preparing to lunge forward at Mioi with clenched fists.

Mioi's eye narrowed in anticipation of the fight. "It seems I will be the first to enforce discipline."

Without hesitation, Mioi immediately fired lasers from her eye directly forward at Vaylin before she began to move and try to evade her fists, switching between offense and defense.

Once she's disarmed, I can go in close.

Kire seemed curious about Mioi's attack and wondered how she did that. However, his eyes widen when he saw Jaz rush in the fight without warning. He tried to stop her but it was too late.

"Damnit Jaz!" Kire snarled. "Get back here!"

Jaz seemed overzealous about fighting the girl, Vaylin. She seemed more happy that she was given a break from Red Mist and given a moment to be herself, even if she loses this battle. She overheard her father and she shook her head at him.

"No! I'm not gonna stand there like an idiot and watch Mioi get attacked like that!" Jaz said while rushing at Vaylin with her blades out, giving Mioi a chance to prepare an attack or fall back if she wanted to. Jaz was a lot faster than usual. "I got your back Mioi!"

Kire was angry at the fact that Jaz went off to a fight that wasn't hers but he also looked to be proud at the same time. He crossed his arms over his chest and didn't show any other sign of stopping her. He was, however, interested in the fact that this woman was the man's daughter. It shocked him to even know that he even had children.

"Sheesh, why are the children of you people such animals?" Kire was harsh but it was obvious who he addressed his comment to. "Attacking people like a pack of rabid apes. No self control. Man oh man..." 

Still... Kire thought to himself. Where did Jaz get those blades? Where do they even come from? Shit man, I've been dead longer than I thought...

The Dread Saiyan kept his smirk, only turning his head at Kire's comment.

"You are quick to call my children animals, when yours is just as guilty of blind impulse."

Vaylin's eyes widened, visibly touching along her midsection as Mioi's laser shot through her body. No physical damage was done, however, along with Vaylin rapidly turning towards the approaching Jaz.

She let out a amsll screech, sending out a thin golden beam of energy that pierced through Jaz in the same manner. However, small golden circles began to illuminate and grow outwards across not only Jaz's chests, but the other warriors around.

Vegetto blinked, coughing lightly before dropping to both knees in exhaustion, followed shortly by Gogeta and Beerus. The Potara fusion winced heavily, his voice strained.

"We're...dying?!"

The Dread Saiyan chuckled in response, his form visibly fading away.

"No. You are being....reborn."

=====================================

The bright golden glow began to cover your entire body, moving outwards and completely encompassing your vision in its warm sensation. A familiar voice to some warriors came muffled into your senses, distant.

"Wake up! We have to go!"

=====================================

END OF CHAPTER 2
Next chapter thread will be posted soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom