DBZ: Anomalous Past for the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Shenron is a dragon, capable of granting wishes," Future Xenest said, "he can be summoned by gathering seven mystical objects which can only be found on Earth and have been around for many, many years..."

"Yes, he can even bring people back from the dead on three conditions: First, they cannot have died more than one Earth Year before the wish is made, if only to fully restore their physical forms. Second, Shenron cannot bring someone back if their death was natural, so someone whom has passed away from either sickness, old age or other natural deaths can't be brought back to life and thirdly, the person whom the summoner wants to be revived cannot have been revived once before. Furthermore, Shenron cannot grant wishes that go beyond the power of its creator and cannot grant the same wish more than once, nor can he grant a wish to kill or defeat a living being whom is stronger than the power of its creator." Future Xenest replied.

"Yes, we would like to have them back with us after all as they do have lives of their own here, plus with an added duty to keep their homeworlds, their allies and even the whole universe safe from any potential threat. What kind of interests do you have then?" Future Xenest asked.

Future Xenest was highly interested to know what was on Atama's agenda. It would depend on what motives laid behind what Atama said, as Future Xenest felt something could be negotiated, unless there was something else that Atama hid, hoping that whatever was behind it would not become a hindrance to their own mission to bring the group back.

Future Xenest nodded, relenting on his stern expression, which turned into something more melancholic in nature.
"We'll see what we can do. Perhaps there may be someone else who can be of assistance." He said, nodding as he walked on.

"Sometimes I wonder when I've pushed myself too far... my Berserker form may be all awesome and powerful and all, but in the end, its extensive use does more damage to myself than it does to my enemies, as odd as it might sound." He thought to himself as he decided to check on his wife, not caring if someone would hear his throughts through telepathy and, as he walked in front of Atama, he inadvertedly showed traces of what used to be festering wounds on his back which had healed over to become mere scars... scars which were sadly enough permanent with some patches appeared almost permanently burned...

While the wounds were cleaned thoroughly to prevent infections and all, it were the striking marks for the vast hell he had gone through for years on end. Years of his life which he could never have back, years that were forever burned into his memory with the loss of everyone dear to him, except for his beloved wife... it were those scars that were the base for summoning those fiery, phantom-like arms which he had full control over... and yet... it was the culmination of years upon years of pent up, unsatisfied rage, hatred and wrath... although the damage to his soul has been mostly repaired thanks to Dread Master Bestia, it was still clear that Future Xenest had become a bitter person, a former shell of what he used to be. Now his training sessions were not only dedicated to maintain his strength and power and all, but mostly to prevent his body from collapsing under the sheer pressure his Berserker form put him under... it was as if his own pain and anger was so intense it could tear him apart if he was pushed beyond his limits for real... a bitter tear slipped past his eye as he walked slowly towards his recovering wife...

Atama's wings fluttered in response of sadness, the man adopting a sorrowful pose as he walked behind Future Xenest, looking towards the scars.

"When I was first, awoken. My power was too great for my body to hold it as well. And the memories, the memories... Five men transformed into one. Each with families dead or abandoned. I know I'm not unique, your wife is living proof of that. But, some days the pain all comes rushing back and I can't think for a moment." Atama then walked over and looked upon Future Brachi's face.

"You would die for her, wouldn't you?"

"I would. We lost all of our children and our most cherised friends to an Evil Dread Saiyan, once known as the son of Vegetto, from our home timeline. For five long years we were unable to do anything to bring them back, except try to do what we could to grow in power to finally get back at that bastard for what he did... It was in the final days of that struggle that I finally managed to gather whatever I could on my power and fueled it with all the rage and the wrath I held inside me and unleashed it in a single attack against him..." Future Xenest said, remembering that moment all too well..

Flashback...

The Evil Vegetto Jr. was relishing in his apparent victory over the heroes, intending to finish them once and for all. However, he saw Future Xenest charging at him at blind rage, his right fist coiled up and glowing in a fiery blaze of energy. Deciding to have him his last shot, the Evil Vegetto Jr. stood his ground, intending to take the punch head on. Future Xenest's fist impacted hard against his abdomen, while the Evil Vegetto Jr. stood there, waiting to see the expression on Future Xenest's face turn into outright fear, something he wanted to see before killing him...

...but he didn't expect Future Xenest to hold on his expression of rage, especially when he looked up to look him straight in the eye, ignoring his own injuries in the process. Future Xenest pressed his right fist forward, adding pressure to the stomach area of his nemesis, grunting as he actually moved a step forward, continuing to add pressure and ploughing his fist deeper into the stomach area. Brachi herself looked up at this struggle and she knew the others were watching this, seeing the Evil Vegetto Jr. actually struggling, going so far as to put his hands on Future Xenest's right arm and his face respectively.

"Xenest... what are you doing?! He's going to kill you!" Brachi shouted at him, but Future Xenest ignored her, pushing against the Evil Jr.'s hand holding his face.

Future Xenest managed to take another step forward, forcing the Evil Vegetto Jr. backwards a bit as he kept adding pressure to his stomach area. Then, Future Xenest opened his mouth in lieu of a silent roar of charging ahead, a fiery sphere beginning to get visible on the waist area of the Evil Vegetto Jr. right before Future Xenest pressed on once more, finally releasing the punch, standing in line as if delivering one blow. The Evil Vegetto Jr. seemed to float in slow motion backwards, the sphere still present on his body as the sphere grew unstable with the second.

With a deafening explosion, that very sphere detonated in a MASSIVE wave of fiery red, orange and yellow energy away from Future Xenest, being about 8 to 10 meters high and wide near its starting point engulfing the Evil Vegetto Jr. completely! Brachi's eyes went wide as saucers and her jaw dropped in place, almost loosing her footing due to the intensity of the explosion and the wave itself. The Evil Vegetto Jr. was overwhelmed by the attack, being unable to defend himself against it, much less let out as something as a howl of agony as the wave ploughed through his body like a knife through butter. After about 15 seconds, the wave finally shrunk and dissipated and the Evil Vegetto Jr. was still alive, that was for certain... but he was SERIOUSLY injured, and the look on his face was one of shock, horror and disbelief!

"W... W - WHAT?! IMPOSSIBLE!" He proclaimed as he regained his footing, while Future Xenest defiantly marched towards him, his feet thumping on the ground, uttering the three words that would be the beginning of the Evil Jr's final downfall:

"This ends now!"

"I know not of 'Dread Saiyans' but I do know Saiyans. You look like a night... Of tradgey has befallen you friend." Atama replied to Future Xenest as he wiped away a tear from his eye and his other hand hardened into a fist.

"I died... For my wife and country. To prevent myself from harming anyone. Taken over by a demon. My mind, my body, my heart. It was time to die, like a man."

"Not just one night... for five Earth years... 1826 days and nights have my wife and I lived without our beloved children and our most cherised friends," Future Xenest said, bitter tears silently running down his eyes, "Dread Master Bestia said that we had to use the pain of loss in order to grow stronger to combat the threats ahead at that time... well, that worked out well..."

There was a hint of sarcasm in that last bit Future Xenest said, before he continued.

"For five long years we did nothing but train, eating, drinking and sleeping only enough to sustain our health properly... we held onto the hope of being able to bring them back someday, even though the escape of the monster known as Janembuu resulted in the destruction of Other World... all those years we held onto the belief that the beings of divine power laughed at us or otherwise did nothing to stop our suffering, regardless of their so-called inability to do so, they could have done at least something..." Future Xenest said, his right hand clenching in his fist as he recalled a particular memory from his time...

Flashback...
Four years after the disastrous battles on Earth and the destruction of Mars, Future Xenest and Future Brachi were continuing to train relentlessly, their bodies littered with scars, both old and new, as well as various injuries which would only add more to the damaged bodies. Future Xenest had long since discarded his gi-top permanently, both the mark of the Orochi as well as the kanji for 'Heaven' burned on his chest and back respectively like two massive tattoos which had a distinct glow whenever an ability which invoked either of its respective power was used, ignoring the fact that they were being watched. As they parted from a melee brawl to get a breather, they heard someone address them.

"Aren't you pushing yourselves too far?" a voice asked. It was Kibito Kai, one of the remaining Supreme Kais left ever since Majin Buu's massacre of the Kais eons ago.

"Cut the bullshit and get to the point, We have neither the patience, tolerance or care for your concern." Future Xenest snapped as he watched his wife nursing her left arm, using a bit of energy to cauterize the wound a bit to ensure she could keep going, ignoring the shock etched on Kibito Kai's face, floating beside him was a similarily shocked Fortuneteller Baba.

"…please, let us talk as civilized people. Surely we can to a diplomatic solution?" Fortuneteller Baba said.

"You want to talk? Now? After four years spent in what is worse than Limbo and the universe´s biggest cesspool combined?!" Future Xenest cried out in anger, only barely managing not to get up and throttle Kibito Kai and the Fortuneteller together.

"I know…words mean nothing to you…and can't express our sorrow for allowing that to happen but surely this bloodshed can end if we talk things out?" Kibito Kai asked, trying to reason with the troubled duo.

"No…our vengeance shall be brought about regardless of whether you do or do not approve or care." Future Brachi snarled.

"Brachi…" Baba spoke gently earning the traumatized multi-fusion woman's attention. "…What is it you hope to accomplish by going down this dark path?"

"Do you think we care about your judgment?" Future Brachi retorted.

"We are not here to judge you; we have seen and heard of the tragedy that befell you, your family and your friends..."

"Stop! Do not speak as if you care like the other divine beings! None of you can understand what we have suffered…" Future Xenest spoke loudly as he looked at the two divine beings "…or what we have lost and had taken from us."

"Yes, you are right we cannot hope to understand, but where is the honor in this bloody quest you have taken?" Fortuneteller Baba asked.

"Honor..." Future Brachi scoffed, "Honor is nothing but complete and total bullshit designed by weak people to keep the strong in line. When the honor is removed, then there is nothing to hold you back. And mark my words, that bastard will get what's coming to him one way or the other and if you dare to interfere, you will be made example of."

"Are you thinking that way of your old friend now?!" Kibito Kai asked, shocked.

"Vegetto Jr. is no longer a friend. He destroyed our friendship the moment he turned on us and took everything we held dear away from us. He is an enemy who needs to die a slow, painful death, with all the suffering we had to go through paid back a thousand-fold!" Future Xenest said.

"Our course is clear; vengeance shall be ours as well as for all those innocent souls he helped destroy while you watched it all happened." Future Brachi said.

"W-we c-could do n-nothing…" Kibito Kai tried to rally himself but deep down he knew she was right.

"Exactly! That's all you are good for absolutely nothing! Where were you when Sheila was brutally blasted to death?! Or when Gina had her arms and legs broken! When Rabi was mutilated, Celicia, Anne and Lea being vaporized, and our children having had their necks broken before the others were brutally slaughtered?! Nowhere that's what!" Future Xenest was absolutely livid now.

"Our choice still stands; we will get vengeance one way or the other, and if any divine being from either Heaven or Hell dares to interfere, then the worse for them. Only when that bastard is dead and our loved ones fully resurrected, without any form of price or consequences, will our wrath be satisfied." Future Brachi snarled, before she and Future Xenest teleported away, leaving Kibito Kai and Fortuneteller Baba to contemplate among the cliffs on Lunei's equator.

"Well... did we achieve anything?" Fortuneteller Baba asked Kibito Kai.

"No Baba…we have not…we failed spectacularly to our duty. We have allowed this to happen and we are cursed for it, all we can do now is hope they can undo the damage and watch them achieve their goal... it's clear that they will not settle for anything less, leaving us without much choice." Kibito Kai said, before he and Fortuneteller Baba departed from the area.

Little did the group know that someone else was watching them, her signature undetectable, her physical presence masked by the dark Luneian sky. She observed the traumatized couple for some time, before vanishing to join her own comrades...

Future Xenest silently wept beside the unconscious body of his wife as those memories came back to him, not hiding an ounce of the suffering he went through or the pain he has caused during the moments he was overwhelmed by his own rage. It was as if Future Xenest bore the essence of two pained souls, two innocent souls whom became one permanently when the pain of losing those dear to them was too much for them to bear by themselves. As he wept, he failed to notice that Future Brachi's left arm was moving towards his head... and began to gently stroke it, as if understanding the pain he felt clearly...

Atama out his hand on Future Xenest's shoulder.

"These are the sacrifices no one thanks us for. The pain that we harness as a weapon. I know not the extent of the sins against you, but I do know the kind of pain upon you. I can only hope that the pain ended for you."

"Yes... after the whole ordeal was over, Dread Master Bestia granted our wish and resurrected the ones taken from us... ever since we've settled on Lunei in our time, due to Earth being still mostly laid in ruins, despite rebuilding attempts, and Mars being destroyed... we've pretty much formed our own community within one of the Martian Cities on Lunei, whom now serves as our home planet. Earth harbors too many bad memories for us to return there..." Future Xenest said, his voice a bit hoarse from the crying, before he noticed Future Brachi sitting up, having now awoken as she went to comfort him.

"Yet even in the ashes, there will be something to keep you going. That is why you are alive, and I wasn't." Atama replied, looking over to Future Brachi. "How long till we reach Earth?"

"I don't know," Future Brachi said, sitting up as she went to comfort her husband, "but it could probably be just a matter of days once the warp engines are back online. Space travel isn't something like a walk in the park, and with my own condition I'm currently unable to use Instant Transmission."

"How... do you feel?" Future Xenest asked softly, sniffing still.

"Like hell..." Future Brachi admitted, "I'll live, but I can honestly barely move... I just need time... to recover... how long was I out anyway?"

"A couple of hours." A Martian said as he came in the room.

"That would be for the best." Future Brachi said.

"What's the status?" Future Xenest asked the Martian who had arrived.

"We expect to be able to use the Warp Engines within fifteen minutes. The engine itself has been fixed for the most part; we're just in the final stages of recalibrating and testing it to ensure it can sustain a stable warp field, we should be able to at least use up to Warp 3 once the proper recalibrations are done. We understand you want to reach Earth as fast as possible, but we do not want to fly this ship apart, otherwise we'll all perish if we do." The Martian replied.

"Take the time needed to make the proper recalibrations. Anything else?" Future Xenest asked, wiping his tears away.

"We should have the shields back online fairly soon, the Sensors are fully operational and we can at least use two of the four forward mounted Heat-Ray Generators for self-defense. The two other Generators, as well as the two on the rear and the Canister Launcher are still off-line to conserve power and will be ran through a damage report first to determine whether they are damaged or not. A group of Frigates in orbit of Lunei have already been gathering the necessary materials needed to refit the vessel once in Earth's orbit." The Martian replied.

Future Xenest nodded.

"Good, the sooner the vessel is back to full operational status, the better, although I do want to point out that there is no use for haste. I don't want to end up with systems flawed because of rushed repairs; everything must be ran through in detail thorougly." He said.

"We understand." The Martian replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom