Chronicle-King's Art Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoopyPanda said:
What animal is Tire based off of?
Yakutian horse.

Also I'm going to upload a new pic for my Birthday specifically, but I'm not sure if I'll end up getting it done on time.

Ash Ketchum (B2/W2 Outfit):
ash_ketchum__b2_w2_outfit__truth_and_ideals__by_chronicle_king-da1yr4p.png

Ash Ketchum's second major redesign for Truth and Ideals. Specifically, this outfit isn't supposed to become his permanent outfit until the two year timeskip which signals the beginning of the B2/W2 sequel to Truth and Ideals. However, it gets shown early in Chapter 37. With this outfit, the Key Stone he has for Mega Evolution is more visible (the necklace), and the outfit he has is a patched up version of his own father's outfit from when Sirius Ketchum was only around Ash's age.

Lots of new stuff. Keep up with the good work. Although, the link you posted about Ash's B2/W2 outfit doesn't work. Might want ton repost it again bro.

I fixed the link by now. Apparently DA hates working when I end up changing the title of a deviation after I had already posted it elsewhere before the title change. Anyways...

Flare (WarGreymon) and Fujita Enju:
flare__digimon_re__story__by_chronicle_king-da647fv.png

(I'm leaving this here in case the image doesn't display in full size)
Enju, the main protagonist of my upcoming Digimon fan comic, Digimon Re: Story, and her starting Partner Digimon; Flare. Despite what it may seem, Flare is actually female. Flare overall is a contrast with my previous attempt at a Digimon fan comic, in that the line is overall the same except for the usage of 2006 anime Agumon, Vaccine MetalGreymon, and ordinary WarGreymon for the Rookie, Ultimate, and Mega forms. Also, in regards to terminology, the Japanese names are used with some exceptions, with the evolutionary levels being one of them since I'm more familiar with those terms. If you're wondering, the original attempt at a fan comic used classic Agumon, Virus MetalGreymon, and BlackWarGreymon for the protagonist. While BlackWarGreymon didn't become Omegamon Zwart because of the lack of a BlackMetalGarurumon protag, he will later appear in this particular fan comic as Omegamon Alter-B due a noodle incident that ties both comics together.

Cover Artwork for Digimon Re: Story:
digimon_re__story_cover_by_chronicle_king-da5bxjo.png

Not much else I need to add here. It was also intended to just be the FF.net cover of the story, but then I later decided to take advantage of the even more chibi artstyle I'm using for pictures relating to this story to also make a fan comic out of it. It started off as a literature work planned, but now is getting a comic to go along with it. Also, don't let the cover fool you; there are Kamen Rider Amazon levels of blood and gore in this story. Don't get the reference? Then does Happy Tree Friends ring any bells at all?
Cloaked Chronicler:
cloaked_chronicler__au__by_chronicle_king-da4up7v.png

Pretty self explanatory. Chronicler here has a similar design to his canon self, but it deviates a lot from the canon Chronicler in several areas other than the overall looks that don't count the clothing and such. As for the cloak, it's stitched together from spare cloaks and also a blanket he was found in when he was an infant. Also I have this habit of sneaking bloodstains onto some character designs, but with Chronicler it's more obvious in this particular picture.

Battle Chronicler:
battle_chronicler__au__by_chronicle_king-da4v0mk.png

At first I was questioning what the sword would be made out of, but then I decided to make the sword simply be Steel considering the original choice of Silver would've been incredibly ironic considering below...
Anyways, the armor is of the Light Armor variety. Chronicler specializes in two-handed weapon combat, and utilizes Light Armor to ensure he is still agile but also protected against attacks at all times as well. Some even say Chronicler chooses to wear his leather armor underneath his cloak at all times.

Werewolf Chronicler:
werewolf_chronicler__au__by_chronicle_king-da5ktzz.png

I didn't go into depth regarding any muscular stature the form has due to the obvious blackish color palette, but I did what I could to make this thing look like a hulking beast. The overall design feels a bit like the "Real Is Brown" Trope due to how pretty much every part of the non-color parts of the design being designed with practicality and more serious takes on Werewolves in mind for the mane and body structure, but the blueish aspects to the black make it at least somewhat colorful to look at. Also, aside from the obvious things a Werewolf goes through, there isn't anything added to the Werewolves of this AU that makes them... ugh... like the "Meyerwolves". In fact these Werewolves absolutely loathe impostors of their own kind by any means necessary.
The Emerald Crusader:
_the_emerald_crusader___nuc__by_chronicle_king-da5rjx5.png

Evilis was one of my older character designs who hadn't seen a newer design in a few years... until a few days ago. This new humanoid form for the character gives him a new role in my character roster; a Badass Normal Bonus Boss opponent for my video game projects should I ever finish one of them enough to where I can finally begin to program this guy into it. With the help of his refined, Emerald Armor, he can tap into the powers of all 13 Ultimorian Deities to utilize their signature attacks in battles.

Interesting stuff. I assumed you got the idea of Omegamon Alter-B from Next order?

Emerald Crusader isn't exactly based off of Alter-B Omegamon, but his right arm does have some of the functions of Beelzebumon Blast Mode's gun.

Bobsheaux/Wolfabob and Zygarde 10% Forme:
_gift__wolfabob_plus_zygarde_10__by_chronicle_king-dabpggx.png

This pic I made when I was bored and felt like doing fanart/requests for people on DA. Bobsheaux is an internet critic in case you're curious, and the Wolf design of him in his iconic red shirt is because of his recent Alpha and Omega reviews involve him transforming into a Wolf due to how he decided to resolve a complaint he had when reviewing the first four films before continuing with the next two. Zygarde 10% being there mainly showcases how massive Zygarde 10% is compared to the typical Gray wolf.
Voice Actor Meme; Truth and Ideals Edition:
truth_and_ideals_voice_actor_meme_by_chronicle_king-daf3565.png

Voice actor meme filled out for select characters in Truth and Ideals, with Flare of Digimon Re: Story getting an early cameo in this story, first appearing as her regular WarGreymon form, before appearing again further down the road as her ChaosGreymon Dark Evolution line.

Ash Ketchum; Chapter 49 onward:
ash_ketchum_v3__truth_and_ideals__by_chronicle_king-daedbq1.png

Ash Ketchum as he appears beginning with Chapter 49 onward. As for his outfit, it's basically a modified version of what his own father wore in the flashbacks of the story, and also is heavily based off of Sir Aaron's own outfit to tie in with the aura elements in Truth and Ideals being used by Ash. Behind him is Pikachu having evolved into Alola Form Raichu. Why? Funny story behind all of this; when Truth and Ideals first began, I was waiting on a third version to X/Y or the release of Gen VII to decide whether or not Pikachu would evolve into Raichu or not. Why? I was going to wait on any confirmation of, say, Raichu getting a Mega or something else appearance wise that was official rather than one of my own designs as seen with what I did for Samurott, Emboar, and Serperior in this same story. When Alolan Raichu was revealed, my then since shelved plan came back with a vengeance and Pikachu ended up evolving into Raichu at the perfect timing possible.

Flare's Dark Evolution Line:
chaosgreymon__truth_and_ideals__by_chronicle_king-daf0dbr.png

Rookie: BlackAgumon (2006 anime version)
Champion: BlackGreymon
Ultimate: MetalGreymon (Virus)
Mega: ChaosGreymon

For reference, whether or not Flare is going to appear in her Dark Evolution line in Digimon Re: Story is still up in the air, but the entire line's appearance in Truth and Ideals is guaranteed based off of one of Ghetsis and Colress' plans...

Jessie and James Kidd:
jessie_and_james_kidd__tai_au_canon__by_chronicle_king-daoe4t8.png

... As they appear 14 years prior to Truth and Ideals, that is. Or, rather, also applies to 11 years prior as well. If anybody pays attention to the Japanese release years of the games you'll understand those numbers there in the context of Truth and Ideals. While Jessie and James keep their more comedic side to their personalities, they can be quite threatening as antagonists as proven by the exact method in which they got their promotion to executive in the first place. Let's just say they didn't earn their promotion in the traditional sense to say the least. As for the Pokemon they both use, they both have teams that are separate from Meowth; Jessie uses a Sandstorm team with a Mega Tyranitar, and James uses a Dark Type Monotype team with a Mega Houndoom. As for their only remaining Pokemon they still even own at all? Jessie's Arbok and James' Weezing.
Naotolis:
naotolis_by_chronicle_king-dadytxe.png

Naotolis is one of the main antagonists of an RP me and a friend of mine are in her own site. Naotolis is basically an alternate incarnation of Omnicron because the RP features a secondary alternate incarnation of Chronicler from which she emerges from originally. As a result, she's basically this RP's version of Omnicron in her own specific way. She's also a bit of Mecha Sonic in her regarding her brutality as well.

Oshiro Roy:
roy_oshiro_by_chronicle_king-dagj3zm.png

Roy is one of those more tenacious opponents of mine in my rogues gallery. He's the kind of guy who basically screams sadist, but at the same time, he's much more of a Xanatos Gambit master than any of my prior villains ever could manage. Considering what comes after him in regards to his role of a villain speaks volumes as to where most of this intelligence goes towards...

Maxwell:
maxwell__for_a_tba_series__by_chronicle_king-dahmsq0.png

Maxwell is the main protagonist of an upcoming webcomic I intend on creating featuring a modern day world where Dragons have been in hiding in the guise of humans. Most of the Dragon population is comprised of the much more younger, normal aged humans, with Dragon forms that are not as big as those who had survived from centuries prior.

Marvin:
marvin__for_a_tba_series__by_chronicle_king-daho19l.png

Marvin can basically be described as the least evil of my own villains from my rogues gallery. He was a former hero who eventually fought evil and crime so much to the point that after years of experience, he became a Boring Invincible Hero and basically created world peace. As a result of the fact he had nothing left to do as a hero, he decided to become the villain because he had nothing to do anymore that was keeping him occupied, and saw little value in staying a hero when compared to the value that being a villain would have in comparison.
wip_zelda_fanfic_cover_by_chronicle_king-dai8zga.png

Since Truth and Ideals has reached a milestone and thus is going on Hiatus, I decided to begin plans for my Legend of Zelda AU. This AU may be similar to others you've seen, particular with Link and Zelda being shipped with each other. More notably, though, is the means I go about giving everyone a preview of the main trio; the overall style is my own but attempts to invoke parts of the Toon style, Link is modeled after his adult design from other incarnations, the Master Sword will be in the plot, Zelda is an action girl who actively joins Link's quest and ends up in a Battle Couple type of relationship with him. Ganondorf, meanwhile, is actually nowhere near the title of Big Bad in this story, though...

Interesting. 

Lots of artwork! You can double post if you want to showcase any artwork next time :thumbs:

Jessie and James ook interesting, but I think there's a reason why they revert back to their usual gimmick in XY and thus far. The "serious" Team Rocket was not received well -- even got criticized by their voice actors xD 

So will they keep their dynamic comedic stuff or that's completely phased out in your story? 

Your original works is very interesting. Natolois is my favorite of the bunch :pimp:

Zelda AU huh? Looking forward for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom