Why are people bad or evil?

I've been thinking about this thread for years. After the recent surge of carnage across the world (Israel/Palestine, Sudan, Myanmar, etc.), massive expulsion (Pakistan) and the rise of far-right groups popping everywhere such as Europe and Latin America, and extremely out of touch billionaires that played with the thought of shock collars if the world ends. I found myself asking "why people chose to be evil?"

I don't know if people are evil by birth or inherited genetically their parents' personalities, but I do know that when it comes to a problem... some people find it much easier to destroy then find a actual solution that benefits everyone. It's easy to hate. It's easy to destroy. Hate is also a serious money maker, unfortunately hence the rise of grifters across the world.

“If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.”

As least in the United States; the hate campaign is becoming massively strong. The backlash of Civil Rights among white Americans is coming in full swing and there is no sign of it slowing down. The attack of LBGT+ rights, the rise of islamphoia, the rise of antisemitism; the attack of basic civil liberties (the courts recently weakened the Voting Rights bill). If they could (and this is probably their end goal considering the heavy attack on any emphasizes of history courses), they would bring back Jim Crow in a heartbeat.

Why do these people do this? Hate. Why people hate? Possibly because they do not understand or were purposely fed information from outside parties... in order to profit off of hate. Even in the most brutal wars, there will always be someone that makes a profit off of misery.

Back
Top Bottom