Whats your favorite TV cartoons of the past?

gokugirl2006

Red Jacket
This topic focuses on what cartoons you watched and loved when you were younger.

Mine was Scooby Doo, He-man, the Superfriends, Tom and Jerry.
These are just a few that I have enjoyed watching during my childhood.

Definitely some old school classics like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes! Can't go wrong with Ed Edd and Eddy :cool:

Can't go wrong with Regular Show! Great premise and it ended on a high note :cool:

The original Amazing Spiderman cartoon. I used to watch that one so much with my brother.

Has anyone remember the show, Darkwing Duck? :lmao: It did get a revival, sort of, in the show Ducktales. But it was still pretty neat that they managed to returned to the series and give it some new life.

gokugirl2006 said:
I remember watching Darkwing Duck and Ducktales. They were awesome cartoons.

Yeah I remember them! I was so disappointed that the Rebooted Ducktales ended with just 3 seasons; felt like they can continue to go on even more adventures and properly introduce Mickey Mouse. I really like how they incorporated Darkwing Duck in this reboot to!

Another show is My Life as a Teenage Robot!

[video=youtube]

Opening was a BOOP! :kirbydab:

Cartoon greatness at it's finess. Loved Ducktales. Those three seasons weren't enough to enjoy. To short of time and I would've loved to see the characters go on in future episodes myself but sadly it wasn't the case. 

Plus, really loved My Life As A Teenage Robot. Totally awesome show!  :grin:

As far as my favorites from when I was younger...Courage the Cowardly Dog, Megas XLR, Spongebob Squarepants, Teen Titans and Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy were probably my faves. Early teens, it was probably Family Guy (ugh), Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken (also ugh), Moral Orel (mega underrated classic there) and The Boondocks

JamesYTP said:
As far as my favorites from when I was younger...Courage the Cowardly Dog, Megas XLR, Spongebob Squarepants, Teen Titans and Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy were probably my faves. Early teens, it was probably Family Guy (ugh), Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken (also ugh), Moral Orel (mega underrated classic there) and The Boondocks

100% agreed.

It was one of those hidden gems among adult swim show. Started off lighthearted, and gradually became much darker as series continued on. Eventually, becoming a gut-punching serial that leaves you with wanting more. It left me with disappointment that the series didn't have much of a conclusion (at least, the way the creator wanted) since it was cancelled during season 3.

ShineCero said:
100% agreed.

It was one of those hidden gems among adult swim show. Started off lighthearted, and gradually became much darker as series continued on. Eventually, becoming a gut-punching serial that leaves you with wanting more. It left me with disappointment that the series didn't have much of a conclusion (at least, the way the creator wanted) since it was cancelled during season 3.

It definitely is, the third season did feel pretty rushed since they had to basically do everything they were wanting to do with the show going forward in the span of a season but it was amazing as a psychological drama. Closest thing in western animation I can think of is Bojack Horseman, which I always wondered if Moral Orel might have been an influence on since they both explore the theme of generational cycles of abuse and they both started out as comedy shows. Shame is got cancelled but it really was kinda one of those things ya look at and wonder how they got away with for so long in the Bush era where we were a lot more socially conservative as a country with relentless religious satire...paradoxically it's also one of those things ya also go back and watch with a lot of those episodes like "God's Chef" and say "man you would NEVER get away with that today" lmfao. Guess it went and continues to go unappreciated because it's just too potentially offensive lol.

Back
Top Bottom