What did you learn today?

I learned to properly use and format APA style for my Criminal Justice class. I know it doesn't sound like much but it makes me feel accomplished.

TIL Imgur converts your png files to jpeg if it exceeds the size limit of 5MB and I apparently didn't know this until it compressed the living shit out of my Lunar New Year entry

But in my case, the file size is 2.8 MB and I guess imgur decided to do whatever the hell it wanted and just fuck up my resolution.

Also 2nd TIL, deviantart switched image servers so in addition to randomly fucking up our download buttons (instead of opening a new window it straight up just downloads shit automatically to your comouter, which we do NOT WANT-- we use it for obtaining the hotlinks of the image), Sta.sh no longer has working urls, they get corrupted and it won't allow you to even paste the image in without breaking the external hosting link hours later. Fml

I learned how to code functions and, holy hell, it made my life so much easier. In contrast, it's very specific and one single mistake can turn the entire code around. It's super fun but super picky.

I'm currently working on assignment as we speak, since it's due in a few hours or so, but I learn that there are different kind of specifics for a book to fall into a certain genre. For a while, I thought Star Wars was Science Fiction, until Grey corrected me on that. It was further stated that Star Wars is a space opera (or space fantasy) as its true genre. It's interesting of how books falls into certain sects--what specific does it do that quality for this particular category?

Also, library cataloging is some hard work, but very fun to do! :wagh:

~ Z ~ said:
I learned to properly use and format APA style for my Criminal Justice class. I know it doesn't sound like much but it makes me feel accomplished.

I dunno proper citations matters a lot for points depending on some professors.

- - - -

I learned its very easy to subtly upset people if you press the right buttons.

I learned that we almost had a Hannah Montana anime by Toei Animation and Naotoshi Shida apparently provided some cuts of animation to what was worked on prior to it being cancelled.

ShineCero said:
I learned that we almost had a Hannah Montana anime by Toei Animation and Naotoshi Shida apparently provided some cuts of animation to what was worked on prior to it being cancelled.

You tellin me we could've had an anime covering the Vocal Chord Surgery, AND the Graduation Arc!? Bruh

===
Yesterday I found out most of the light sabers with colors different beyond the standard Red and Blue/Green are noncanonical, mostly because it turns out Samuel L. Jackson asked George Lucas to give his character a purple saber because purple is his favorite color.

Basically, I learned purple was his favorite color

Yes. They were seriously considering of making it into an anime. The fact that Mr Shida just abruptly says it out of nowhere just make the whole thing seems crazy. Wonder if they will ever highlight it?

======

I learned how to make a panel in Comic Paint Studios!

I actually learned a few interesting painting/shading techniques from our buddy Bob Ross. Might apply them soon, especially for landscapes.

Gained several tips from Panich and Ploep on shading! I'm hoping to improve my skills even further :thinking:

Back
Top Bottom