The General Convo: We're Cosmic Now

ShineCero said:
You two!!!! I'll get you guys for this disrespect!!!

us:
Bitchy-women-pointing-and-laughing.jpg

Yes...

I think one of my problems is that I have a feeling of being burnt out after this quarter of redundant coursework. Now, when I'm actually free, I don't have the same ride of what I usually do. Like.. when I have homework, I usually just be lazy about it and starting posting like crazy while doing my work. Now that I'm free, the motivation isn't there.

It extends to drawing, writing and all other things. I really want to get those passion back since I have so many ideas I want to write and draw.

ShineCero said:
Yes...

I think one of my problems is that I have a feeling of being burnt out after this quarter of redundant coursework. Now, when I'm actually free, I don't have the same ride of what I usually do. Like.. when I have homework, I usually just be lazy about it and starting posting like crazy while doing my work. Now that I'm free, the motivation isn't there.

It extends to drawing, writing and all other things. I really want to get those passion back since I have so many ideas I want to write and draw.

it sounds like you've accustomed yourself to doing that as a way to distract yourself from busywork, which no longer is a constant habit. Which means your brain has become reliant on multitasking, and splitting its attention to different tasks.

Personally, I have attempted to do drawing and writing at the same time, but it took me a while to learn the hard way that each medium of art requires a different level of focus and attention, each with its own creative process. All I've done is wear out my brain forcing so much on it to process so many different things at once, resulting in feeling overwhelmed with ideas but no motivation to do them out of fear that I cannot make it come out "good enough" on paper. Instead of using it as motives for improvement, my brain has taken it as "it is not perfect, so I will not do it."

I began using my old sketchbook from high school again, but instead, I force myself to draw with pens. That way, I focus less on erasing mistakes and more on just practicing what I would like to draw my ideas out for. you come to accept whatever errors you make and just move on (and you can just add post-it notes over the part you didn't like to fix it later) As for writing, this is something I've learned I cannot force. I try to write at least a page in one sitting before taking a break to go back and edit it, but this is cumbersome if you don't have the time or mental energy. I've taken to 500-word prose challenges that are available online instead to practice with being able to produce short amounts of writing without extensive installments, while practicing how to keep too much "fluff" from being present, and maintaining flow.

My brain is more productive if I just focus on one type of art at a time rather than think about all the stuff I want to do with my skills.

LoopyPanda said:
ShineCero said:
Yes...

it sounds like you've accustomed yourself to doing that as a way to distract yourself from busywork, which no longer is a constant habit. Which means your brain has become reliant on multitasking, and splitting its attention to different tasks.

Personally, I have attempted to do drawing and writing at the same time, but it took me a while to learn the hard way that each medium of art requires a different level of focus and attention, each with its own creative process. All I've done is wear out my brain forcing so much on it to process so many different things at once, resulting in feeling overwhelmed with ideas but no motivation to do them out of fear that I cannot make it come out "good enough" on paper. Instead of using it as motives for improvement, my brain has taken it as "it is not perfect, so I will not do it."

I began using my old sketchbook from high school again, but instead, I force myself to draw with pens. That way, I focus less on erasing mistakes and more on just practicing what I would like to draw my ideas out for. you come to accept whatever errors you make and just move on (and you can just add post-it notes over the part you didn't like to fix it later) As for writing, this is something I've learned I cannot force. I try to write at least a page in one sitting before taking a break to go back and edit it, but this is cumbersome if you don't have the time or mental energy. I've taken to 500-word prose challenges that are available online instead to practice with being able to produce short amounts of writing without extensive installments, while practicing how to keep too much "fluff" from being present, and maintaining flow.

My brain is more productive if I just focus on one type of art at a time rather than think about all the stuff I want to do with my skills.

Yeah, I might take the route you have taken. Hence why since yesterday, I became becoming more active in RP by ensuring that I at least invested some time into posting in the RPs without losing motivation. I suppose watching Infinity Wars also lifted some spirits too.

I still need to practice my drawing skills. Can't never be impressed with the final product.

Back
Top Bottom