Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Appelsider

Green Jacket
Website
twitter.com
79410.jpg

When Subaru Natsuki leaves the convenience store, the last thing he expects is to be wrenched from his everyday life and dropped into a fantasy world. Things aren't looking good for the bewildered teenager, however: not long after his arrival, he is attacked by some thugs; armed with only a bag of groceries and a now useless cell phone, he is quickly beaten to a pulp. Fortunately, a mysterious beauty named Satella, in hot pursuit after the one who stole her insignia, happens upon Subaru and saves him. In order to thank the honest and kindhearted girl, Subaru offers to help in her search, and later that night, he even finds the whereabouts of that which she seeks. But unbeknownst to them, a much darker force stalks the pair from the shadows, and just minutes after locating the insignia, Subaru and Satella are brutally murdered.

However, Subaru immediately reawakens to a familiar scene—confronted by the same group of thugs, meeting Satella all over again—the enigma deepens as history inexplicably repeats itself.

[align=center][video=youtube]

Or Re:Zero as I like to call it. xD
It's based off a light novel. And the first episode is 40 minutes long!
The plot is very interesting and the art is pretty good too! Also I don't hate the main character so that's a big feat. I hope it doesn't turn into a standard harem anime though. :(
The opening and ending are really good too. So good that I'll even link the opening here lmao

=SPOILERS UP TO EPISODE 12=

So I have caught up to its current position (ep 12 because Chrunchyroll sux) and so far I have seen a few things I would think should be discussed.
A) Why is that Track Jacket indestructible, and why did he think it was wise to drop it for a suit?
B) How is it that he needed to die 3 times to figure out that he restarted each time? And why was it because of the chips that he finally learned?
C) Ok so he can't tell people that he respawns, but he could say it indirectly, he never tried to just write it down, and he assumes that these people that trust him pretty strongly would question him if he were to tell them something was going to happen...
D) WHY DOES THE DAMN CAPITAL ONLY HAVE THREE THUGS!
E) He doesn't have the first clue of how to sneak, I am pretty sure that most gamers could imitate Snake, and he was clearly from our kind of reality in the beginning.

Overall question, why is Subaru an idiot? (Oh, and why is he named after a car company?)

I feel so sorry for Subaru. :(
Okay so this anime has almost reached (if not already has reached) nr 1 on my most messed up anime list.
Oh my god ep 15 made me so uncomfortable.

(Its still my fav anime of the season hehe)

(Watching ep 14 as I write this, so spoilers, obviously)
Pre: I hope he dies so badly

When the hell did the OP change?!?
-
Did he just figure out that he respawns? Has forgot why he has managed to reach this point in his 'life'?
-
12min in and he isnt dead yet! WHY!
-
17min in, DIE ALREADY DAMNIT!
How has he not figured out whats happening by any means... Also, why is Subaru SO EFFING STUPID, could they please make him have a brain? or is the witch basically the wizard from wizard of Oz and is going to give him a brain at some point?
-
I feel bad for this Otto person
-Weird people in robes? but their robes are black? Reverse KKK?
And COULD HE PLEASE DIE ALREADY?
And Crunchyroll ads apparently hates Trump but loves lip gloss
-
Man is he slow...A town full of corpses, takes him falling over to put it together, AND HE STILL ISN'T DEAD YET
-
Episode is now over, only problem sofar, WHY ISN"T HE DEAD YET! AND HOW FAR BACK WILL HE GO WHEN HE FINALLY DOES DIE DAMNIT!

I gave the anime a watch, 4 episodes in. Jesus, this anime is pretty fucked. Always had me on the edge of my seat. Subaru is a total bro. :pimp:

I was confused about the ending of episode 4. Holy shit, did he die in his sleep or was killed? :wagh:

Latest episodes are pretty insanely gruesome, he has literally lost all mental function.... like damn dude...

Episode 14 now. Subaru is acting like a jackass for the past few episodes. The last one with the knights was so damn cringey, I had to stop the episode like 3-4 times because Subaru was going too far with that shit. His ego really blown up and he doesn't even realized that.

Now, instead of learning a lesson, he decides to fucked it up even harder by ignoring everyone advice and whelp, shit happens lol.

Aah I'm so not ready this anime to end in 2 or 3 weeks! I still need to watch the latest ep. The whole fight with the whale was really cool. :D

I don't like that he never died after the fight with the knight dude, but at least the fight with the whale was good

Yeah, the battle was intense. 

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why Subaru hates Julius? Like.. legit, he has no reason to hate him, at all. I mean, aside from Julius beating the tard out of him (which Subaru brought upon himself), he literally has no reason to hate him :think:

Yea, I think the idea is that Subaru is so damn focused on himself that he doesn't have the capacity to see beyond it, knights are usually Honor bound so because of that there shouldn't be 'bad blood' or anything it would just be that by the way of honor Subaru should respect Julius but he just doesn't.

I guess his hatred has to do with his first impression, and his own pride (the Witch Cult does like calling him Pride after all xD ). Eventhough he's seen that Juli isnt that bad he still cant seem to not dislike him. But I guess the 2nd time he went/is going to apologize will make him hate Julius less I guess.

Also the cliffhanger...people keep saying that Ram joined the Cult because of her clothes, but isnt she wearing the same type of clothes that Emilia wears? I dont see how its a big deal..

Yeah, I forgot about the pride thing. It does make some amount of senses, but only on the confrontation between Subaru and Emila, where he made an ass of himself. Before that, Subaru hated Julius' guts are literally no reason. Except for the fact that Julius, a knight, held a royal position, hand and kissed it(?). 

I don't know, I just felt that it was rushed through of how quickly Subaru acted like Julius killed his entire family because of that. Just feels really off and makes Subaru unbearable because he can't get over himself. 

Ram doesn't seems to be wearing Witch Cult attire in my opinion, though I'm curious of what's going on with her.

This is one of the only 2016 anime that I watched this year. It was good, the ending could have been better. But I have to admit, the beginning of the series is what got me hooked. I wasn't even slightly anticipating the events in the 2nd episode (technically the 1st episode). That was just like... :deargod:

My only real complaint about the show overall is actually the "Return By Death" ability. While it did add to the mystique of the show, it also took away from the show in that it kept Subaru in the SAME setting for most of the anime. I know it probably doesn't bother other people but me personally, I would have liked him to move around a bit more. Maybe go whitewater rafting...idk I just got tired of seeing the same stuff lol. Other than that, I enjoyed. Next season has a lot of explaining to do, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just never started a second season, and frankly, it would be better if they didn't...

I have to agree with what Ashiro said,  the first episodes gave off a vibe that it'd be super awesome show but then they went into another direction with the story.
But that doesn't necessarily mean the show got bad. It's still the best anime of the season and I really enjoyed it. :D

A few people have started working together to translate the webnovel from where the anime ended. I could give  the link if anyones interested. :D

Back
Top Bottom