Shoot! This Man is Black!
The Bob Ross Competition is intended to draw out the maximum potential of artists of all media. Exclusive to the Art Garden section, any artists, whether you do traditional, painting, digital, etc., is able to jump into Bob Ross Competition series and showcase their artwork, win cool awards, badges, along with exploring out of your artistic comfort zone. Each Bob Ross Competition differs from one another with their own set of rules and tasks, designed to add variety, generate consistent interests and bring in new dynamics. Thus, you will be able to participate in different kinds of competition that suits your needs or if you’re feeling you want to test your skill, join a competition to push you to the utmost limit.
Bob Ross Competition no longer relies on polling from members. Instead, two-three anonymous people who did not participate in the competition will decide the winner. They will be able to provide any comments or feedback (provided by the administrator) along with their votes of the best artwork as follow by the rules of the competition.
Welcome to Opposite Day Event! Artists, you are now task with taking a character from any medium—any hero or villain and draw them opposite of their stated alignment (hero -> villain, villain -> hero or good becoming evil or evil becoming good, etc.). In other words, you will have to use your creative minds to interpret how a character will be like if they were not a hero/villain—so not only you will have to show off your drawing talents, but you will show off your creativity of making such artwork.
Opposite Day Event will begin on a Thursday, April 26th start at 10:00 AM and ends Saturday, May 26th at 12:00 AM PDT. You MUST provide your own original content. In other words, do not steal artwork from other artists, recolors are not considered artwork and make sure they are safe-for-work. Please USE IMGUR when posting your artwork.
- If you are entering this competition, simply post and state the characters and their alignment (no photo required) you're going to use.
- You can pick up to two characters from any medium for this event. Use official artwork when you post your finished pieces to compare the differences between the two.
- Your art must depict opposite of what they are known for; let your imagination flow within you.
- You can use any medium in arts (this includes graphic design) for this competition.
- You can post your artwork at anytime as long it is before 12:00 AM PDT May 26th. Place it under spoiler to avoid long scrolling.
- Artist Badge: Participation in the Bob Ross Competition!
- Opposite Day Badge: Win the Opposite Alignment Event!
- Michelangelo Badge: Win Bob Ross Regular Competition!
- Mioi Badge: Win Bob Ross Regular Competition 2 times!
- Da Vinci Badge: Win Bob Ross Regular Competition 3 times!
- Bob Ross Award: Win 6 Bob Ross Competition (3 Regulars and 3 Special Events)