No Man's Sky

SPINAL

Blue Jacket
*Facepalm*. . . . . . . 

Another year, another hyped up lie.

[video=youtube]

The main thing that prevented me from ever wanting to get the game is the downright lying. To me it still looks a bit cool even without all the stuff that was "promised" but I absolutely despise Sean Murray for lying in everyone's face about it. As it stands the game isn't even worth 60$. In fact I honestly have no clue as to why people hyped up an indie game from E3. 
Also most people like to shift the blame of the games current state onto the people who hyped it up. I can promise you those same people did not watch Sean murrays interviews before the launch.
I can't tell if this game is worse or better than the way Aliens colonial marines was handled.

Anyhow I wanna know what yall think. Would you still get the game if its reduced to 20$ or below?

I only knew there was a game called No Man's Sky and that it looked cool. 
I think that's why I wasn't disappointed by it.
It's a little bit repetitive somehow but not that bad.

The problem here regarding No Man's Sky, is the fact of the developers lack of failure to communicate with the people about the progression of the games and made no attempts to correct any information presented within it. Games often won't have things seen in trailers; this is nothing new. 

However, when you constantly showcase the said features over and over again, and made no attempts to preserve the "this won't be in the game", will lead to people hyping such a game to extreme levels to met with massive disappointment. The developers, whether they intended this or not, are at fault due to failure of correcting the hype levels of content that obviously won't be in the game. This is essentially the Mighty No. 9 scenario, without million of fans donating to a chump game.

Would the price tag matter? Probably - exceptions would be lower due to the price tag, but I don't think it would lessen bashing.

I mostly blame the hype that the fans made the game out to be. Of course, the creators are to blame as well for not adding what they claim to be in the game (Maybe DLC for later on?) but the fact that they delayed the game for a while and still didn't meet up to what they promised the game would have is very disappointing. I love sandbox style games and I was actually excited for this game but after seeing the reviews about that repetition happens pretty early on in the game as well as nothing happening for several hours... it gets boring, even for a sandbox. However, I don't think the game should get this much hate.

The hype fans got disappointed and it's pretty much their own fault for setting such high standards about a game that isn't even out yet. As for the creators, I think they should start getting to work ASAP on fixing the MANY crashes the game has. I rather have a game that's boring than one that doesn't work. They should also start making patches and DLC for the stuff that they said the game would have. 

In my opinion, I think this game works best as it is with friends. However, since Multiplayer is very rare and you'll barely EVER see another player, it's not even worth trying. A sandbox game like this is pretty good to RP with your friends, even in it's current state.

However, this is all solely based on my view on the topic. I admit that this is all my opinion.

~ Z ~ said:
I mostly blame the hype that the fans made the game out to be. Of course, the creators are to blame as well for not adding what they claim to be in the game (Maybe DLC for later on?) but the fact that they delayed the game for a while and still didn't meet up to what they promised the game would have is very disappointing. I love sandbox style games and I was actually excited for this game but after seeing the reviews about that repetition happens pretty early on in the game as well as nothing happening for several hours... it gets boring, even for a sandbox. However, I don't think the game should get this much hate.

The hype fans got disappointed and it's pretty much their own fault for setting such high standards about a game that isn't even out yet. As for the creators, I think they should start getting to work ASAP on fixing the MANY crashes the game has. I rather have a game that's boring than one that doesn't work. They should also start making patches and DLC for the stuff that they said the game would have. 

In my opinion, I think this game works best as it is with friends. However, since Multiplayer is very rare and you'll barely EVER see another player, it's not even worth trying. A sandbox game like this is pretty good to RP with your friends, even in it's current state.

However, this is all solely based on my view on the topic. I admit that this is all my opinion.

Hate to break it to you but this was exposed as a lie on the games first day at launch.
2 players via stream found each other live on the same planet with the same weather with the same name at the same time. they stood in the exact spot as one another attempting to find each other.
The truth of the matter is you can come across things other players have discovered but never other players themselves.
And to make matters worse on the collectors edition a sticker with the tm Pegi 7 was placed on top of the tm pegi 18.
Pegi 18 was designed for multiplayer experiences (mainly involving direct contact with other players) so it shows that the devs made last minute changes before the launch.

SPINAL said:
Hate to break it to you but this was exposed as a lie on the games first day at launch.
2 players via stream found each other live on the same planet with the same weather with the same name at the same time. they stood in the exact spot as one another attempting to find each other.
The truth of the matter is you can come across things other players have discovered but never other players themselves.
And to make matters worse on the collectors edition a sticker with the tm Pegi 7 was placed on top of the tm pegi 18.
Pegi 18 was designed for multiplayer experiences (mainly involving direct contact with other players) so it shows that the devs made last minute changes before the launch.

Damn, really? Now that's a real shame. Whelp, I take back what I said about a possible decent Multiplayer RPG. I think it's a bit sad to think that a game with such potential came out like this. I personally think that this game can still be fixed if they just made some DLC or patch the game up some more. I don't have the game so I personally don't know how bad it really is.

They made a new update like a week ago or more (not the best memory here). Called the Foundation Update 1.1. It adds some very cool features to the game, plus fixes some stuff too I think. The two cool feature I remember are base building and the ability to buy a space freighter. I played the game a tiny bit after the update but couldn't figure out how to do either(not like I tried much).

It seems to be healing up, maybe too slow too late but at least it's an improvement. I'm sure most people would still be mad at it though.

Considering that they were silence for practically for months (at least from what I'm aware of), it most likely won't win anyone over. The developers simply have to continue on the game to improve more if they want to recapture people's interest in the game. Having over 50% drop (on PC) of players is extremely bad.

Here's the deets on the Foundation Update for anyone curious. There's lots of comments from other players in the announcement but make of it what you will.

I've just been catching up on he trainwreck that was this game after watching a Dunkey vid on it. The game is like... 40 bucks on Best Buy, but I don't think it's gotten back up to a 'decent' level to really warrant such a price tag. There are more positive reviews recently, but it's still a mostly negative reception it seems. Any progress is good progress I suppose. We'll just have to see how long they patch and tweak things until people consider it a passable game.

Price has to go down a bit, that's for sure.
As for them being silent, with peoples negative response I think that was the best thing to do. Answer with content and not with empty words, because who would believe whatever they would have said anyways without some content to back it up?

Tadashi said:
Price has to go down a bit, that's for sure.
As for them being silent, with peoples negative response I think that was the best thing to do. Answer with content and not with empty words, because who would believe whatever they would have said anyways without some content to back it up?

True. I supposed it's better to show it then say it.

I do agree that the price tag should have been lowered in the first place. 60 bucks for something like this was way over there heads. Let's hope that they and any developer take this an experience to avoid in the future.

Back
Top Bottom