My Hero Academia - Kohei Horikoshi

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
ocftw4E.jpg

The story takes place in a world where humans have begun to develop superpowers and where technology is advancing far more rapidly than before. To combat the villains that seem to be springing up everywhere because of this, people with more powerful abilities (called Quirks) can train to become a licensed hero who combats evil in the name of the greater good. Now, people with more powerful Quirks often aspire to enter Yuuei, an academy dedicated to training Quirk users to become future heroes. The competition is stiff, as the majority of the human population now has a Quirk.

Enter Izuku Midoriya, nicknamed Deku, who is amongst the unlucky few with no Quirk. Despite having no powers, he has not given up on his dream and continues to study both heroes and Quirks in the hopes of one day finding a different path to becoming a Hero. He's often ridiculed for this, especially by Katsuki Bakugou, an extremely powerful Quirk user who's harassed him since childhood. Everything changes one day when he's rescued by his favorite superhero, All Might. Through an odd chain of events, Midoriya proves himself to All Might, who decides to train him and pass his Quirk on to him!

Useful Links/Information

Subs - Dub

[align=center][video=youtube]

[align=center][video=youtube]

I started reading this, but stopped for some reason. And then I found out it's getting an anime so I've decided to watch it first and then pick up the manga again.
The art style is quite unique I like it. :D

Yeah, the manga is pretty good. It's really slow at first, but it kind of picks up as the story progresses. The battles are pretty short though.

Also, newest chapter was released: 68. Take a look folks B)

Very interested of the current chapters. That's a whole of of characters appearing at once and now old folks are getting into the frying pan as well. Kind of reminds me of Bleach introducing so many characters at once lol. 

If he can make it work, I'm all for it. For some reason, I have this "Sky High" vibe when reading My Hero Academia :p

For the first time I actually feel like I would've preferred it if the main girl and main guy didnt have any romance going between them. I feel like romance would be a distracting factor in the series. 
But nevertheless I've literally been enjoying bnha the whole time, no arc has been boring!

I have to agree. Not saying that I do not want to see it or anything, I just preferred the romance to take the back-burner for a while to focus on the hero aspects and its world development—as they are far more interesting. 

Though, I’m genuinely curious of Uraraka meant by “shutting them down”. Would she stop having feelings for him at all and see him as a “rival” instead? I have a feeling Uraraka might of just avoid him all together in order to focus on her mission or tried to pass on the examination in the hopes Deku fails? They have not been clear on the latter part of how many people needed to enter the final stage. :think:

I think she's just confused on whether she likes him. or if she just admires him. xD
The examination arc is now over, what did you think of it? 
I think we're getting back to the villains now. B)

Ploep said:
I think she's just confused on whether she likes him. or if she just admires him. xD
The examination arc is now over, what did you think of it? 
I think we're getting back to the villains now. B)

First, I didn't expect Bangkou to Bakugou and Todoroki to get eliminated at the end. Not only that, Bangkou did not even threw a tantrum, from what I remember correctly. So either Bangkou was so in shock or he's growing more and more.

The fight between Midoriya and Bangkou seems to weigh on this. I think the fight was a excellent way to show the developed between these two characters. Disappointing that it didn't last as long as I expected though.

Back
Top Bottom