Lunar New Year Festival 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoopyPanda

Black Jacket
Website
babyufo.tumblr.com
Happy Lunar New Year!
Although Chinese New Year was February 5th, the festivities don't have to end there!
flat-chinese-new-year-2019-background_23-2148043498.jpg
For the month of February, our Bob Ross competition will be centered around celebrating the Lunar New Year with festive illustrations among the vibrant fireworks, lanterns, and mighty dragons that stream across the sky as the new moon is born!

There are many ways for you to welcome the new year through art, and the possibilities are endless:
2019 is year of the Pig, so the Chinese Zodiac can be a core theme to your piece.
Additionally, there are the four legendary symbols of the Chinese Constellations: the Vermillion Bird of the South, the White Tiger of the West, the Black Turtle of the North, and the Azure Dragon of the East
There are even more elements of the Lunar New Year to research than these (this is merely surface level for brevity's sake), so please feel free to search for inspiration to your heart's content!

You can draw fanart, OCs, animals, traditional illustrations, ANY subject or medium so long as it has elements of Chinese/Lunar New Year as part of its core theme! This is the opportunity to let your creative freedom shine!

Participants have until the end of March 9th by 11:59 p.m. PST to complete and post their artwork: please use the imgur button located at the right of your post's UI to upload it directly from your computer without worry of compression.

UPDATE 2: we're extending the deadline again to the 11th on 11:59 PST due to personal circumstance affecting our ability to complete our entries.

Awesome! I have a good idea of what to draw for this competition!  :heeheee:

Count me in! I got a couple ideas for this and I've been itching to boot up my brain again. I've been on drawing block lately, so this might spark me back!

WQb1lUZ.jpg

This is my entry! It’s Boar (inoushishi) from the zodiac battle royals anime Juuni Taisen. I hope it kinda fits the theme.. :eek:hdear:

Edit:

I changed some stuff

It is year of the pig, so yes, it fits just fine! ;)

Shine put the new end date of the competition on the site's marquee but I failed to reflect the change in my opening post. So! It has officially changed to March 9th; you have an additional week to submit your entries!

@"Ploep" you have about a week longer to make any changes to your entry if you wish (since you're the earliest entrant at the moment), and it will be counted. :3

Here's mine! I finished it really late at night though so I decided to hold it for the morning to post..

also its rly big lol
ybOcz7j.jpg

I chose my OC Cielo to be the White Tiger of the West... I treated it as a legendary skin kind of thing (her hair is normally black... but y'all know I can't resist drawing white hair on cute girls!)

The White Tiger according to what I could find is both a protector and a defender from enemies and evil. She's got a protective personality and uses her powers to do it at any cost. As Ike put it... "I fight for my friends!" 
Except in Cielo's case she only has one... because she isn't good at making friends. 
I was gonna just line it and leave it be, but I haven't done this in so long, I went the whole nine yards. So enjoy ya gremlins

Here's miiiiiiiine!!! It's Cubaki! White Tiger Cuki! I made her a chibi because I think she'll look super cute as a chibi. xDD

mvzdgke.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom