Kotetsujou no Kabaneri [Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Blue Jacket
79164.jpg

As the world is in the middle of an industrial revolution, a monster appears that cannot be defeated unless its heart, which is protected by a layer of iron, is pierced. By infecting humans with its bite, the monster can create aggressive and undead creatures known as Kabane. On the island Hinomoto, located in the far east, people have built stations to shelter themselves from these creatures. People access the station, as well as transport wares between them, with the help of a locomotive running on steam, called Hayajiro. Ikoma, a boy who lives in the Aragane station and helps to build Hayajiro, creates his own weapon called Tsuranukizutsu in order to defeat the creatures. One day, as he waits for an opportunity to use his weapon, he meets a girl named Mumei, who is excused from the mandatory Kabane inspection. During the night, Ikoma meets Mumei again as he sees Hayajiro going out of control. The staff on the locomotive has turned into the creatures. The station, now under attack by Kabane, is the opportunity Ikoma has been looking for.

Air Date: 4/8/2016-Present

From what I see, let me put it straight for you.

Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train meets zombies, and it looks like the characters are in for one HELL of a ride.

I'm really enjoying this show so far! 
A lot of people have also compared it to SnK, and it shares the same animation studio so I can see where theyre coming from haha. xD
Also I love how the art style looks a bit old schoolish, the animation is top notch though. :D

Watched the first episode.

Yeah, I agreed with the fact that it has some SnK vibes xD

And hell yeah, I agree with the old art-style blended with well-crafted animation. 

I like how the Ironka (?) managed to reverse being infected with that weird machine. Wondered how he did that? Only  future episodes will tell..

Looks like the governments are basically a bunch of dicks. Couldn't even double check to see if he was bitten - just straight up kill him and when they were wrong, they act like it was a typical tuesday. I know humanity succumbed to fear, but damn, rationality got cut in as well. :pls:

I have some high expectations from this, so I'm jumping onto episode two and three now :pimp:

The main chara's spiteful speech in episode two was amazing. xD
I really don't like the bodyguard guy of the princess. >: ( I hope he dies (jk jk.. kinda)
Also I really love the ending song it's so good!

Ploep said:
The main chara's spiteful speech in episode two was amazing. xD
I really don't like the bodyguard guy of the princess. >: ( I hope he dies (jk jk.. kinda)
Also I really love the ending song it's so good!

Right!?

I mean, I guess that he doesn't trust them and whatnot, but shouldn't he have some brain power and be all "Huh, this guy isn't instantly attacking.. or hasn't changed yet despite being bitten like a gallion times" xD

I'm wondering what's up with Ikoma attacking the princess - I think it implied that they need blood to fed, I presume? That's gotta thin the line of trust between him and the people.. especially after that great speech :pls:

I think that is implied indeed. Now the question is what kind of blood, human or animal? Also I wonder how they're gonna get outta this mess now. xD

Ploep said:
I think that is implied indeed. Now the question is what kind of blood, human or animal? Also I wonder how they're gonna get outta this mess now. xD

Yeah, I hope it's any kind of blood. Though, I haven't see any animals aside from birds.. that's going to be difficult lol

ShineCero said:
I like how the Ironka (?) managed to reverse being infected with that weird machine. Wondered how he did that? Only  future episodes will tell..
Ikoma stopped the now-infected blood from flowing to the brain, thus somehow preventing him from being turned completely. He's still a Kabane of sorts, but he hasn't completely turned yet, thus him being a Kabaneri. How that didn't outright kill him yet since he's getting no oxygen to his brain confuses me, but I'll pass that off as "Undead bullshit", XD.

On another note, Episode 4 was CRAZY. Like holy shit that fight sequence was amazing, but the end of the fight was rather disappointing to me.

I also don't understand how the princess managed to stop herself from bleeding to death. You can't just stop bleeding when you cut an artery Bl.

Hmm so the cliffhanger of ep 3 was less important than I thought. xD
Also I like how there are different sorts of kabanes now.
I still don't understand why the blonde guy was also thrown with the kabaneris though...
So far my favourite character has to be Ayame, her chara development has been really good and I just like nice characters. xd Also her bow and arrow thing was super cool!

Yeah. The cliffhanger of episode 3 was kind of ignored somewhat. I like how those guys who took over the "mission" to go to another direction, basically left with no punishment whatsoever. They should at-least pay the families for all the suffering they put them through and all the deaths - hell, kicked them off the train for their incompetence when they were warned that it's extremely dangerous. 

Kind of weird though how that sword-fighting kabane didn't immedaitely turned the Samurai dude into one of them. Plot saves his ass that day xD

@Pinkeyy 

Right!? I didn't understand why the blonde guy got thrown in there -- and even the girl on the lesser extent. I can understand that they were friends with Ikoma (well, at least the guy), but the blonde one and the girl.. that just came out of left field. Many it'll be expanded on in due time? 

I like what the main chara did to the samurai's sword B)
Also it seems like they managed to escape the big kabane mash thingy and Mumei finally snapped out of her paranoia! And damn the pink haired girl is ripped. xD

Mumei said she never got bitten,( and i read some theories regarding this on mal), does that mean she's an artificially created kabaneri? Possibly made by her 'brother'?

That's interesting. And right!? The pink-hair girl was ripped as hell. Another nod to AoT, Misaka lol?

I noticed that this was taken place in Japan. Is this Kabane event world-wide? :think:

And the great Anime lords commanded me to revive this thread, and REVIVED IT SHALL BE.

So Episode 9 is probably one of the most gruesome episodes of the series so far, and for multiple reasons.

1. We've learned in the past episode (or two) that Biba has been keeping... A massive horde of Kabane on his Hayajiro. We get to see why he's been keeping them this episode as he sets them loose on an unfortunate station that they came by.
2. We learn that Biba wants to "liberate" humanity from the fortresses, that is, get them all killed.
3. He injects Horobi, another Kabaneri, with some liquid that turns her into the heart of a fused hive. She wreaks havoc throughout the station before her restraint on her neck breaks and she turns into a horrendous Kabane.
4. Biba captures everyone on the Kotetsujou, and they want Ikoma for his blood.
5. Biba seemingly gives 0 shits about humanity whatsoever, as he used people to lure in the Kabane with bags of blood on motorcycles and even, as mentioned earlier, turned Horobi into a fused hive.
6. Biba's crew mercilessly slaughters everyone from the station trying to escape to safety.

Also, HOLY shit they have miniguns.

And Kurusu may or may not have sacrificed himself in an attempt to save Ayame, which failed miserably. We don't really know about what happened to him after the sent himself and minigun dude off the edge of Biba's Hayajiro. 
Also, IIRC the Kabane outbreak is worldwide. I think it says that on their website, though I'm not sure.

Ah, make sense. Hopefully we can see the progression of other countries, but I've my doubts.

Also, thoughts on episode 9:

- Mumei is probably the dumbest character in this entire show. Her arrogant ways and ego was practically annoying for the first few episodes, but this takes the cake.
- Ikoma probably still going to think her as a friend/whatever, but shit I thought Ikoma should atleast backhand her in the future episode. Mumei essentially got them killed at least three times at this point. But you know, anime plot about drama speeches of why we should forgive Mumei.
- Biba has motives. The moment the whole "coward talk" Mumei said, I immediately knew there was something weird -- and the fact that Mumei stated that she was made into one, rather than what Ikoma went through.
- It's a pretty gruesome episode. Damn
- Horobi looks pretty badass in that super Kabaneri mode. Too bad we barely know a thing about her.
- I think Kurusu is still alive. 
- They're probably going to turned Ikoma into a super one, or apparently his blood is a cure or some shit
- Nice to see Ayame kicking some ass. She's the bravest, kindest person in the show aside from Ikoma and the rest. I hope she makes it to the end. 
- Did I mention that Mumei was dumb?
- Kabaneri can shoot lasers out of their mouths or something? That's pretty damn stupid.
- This is feeling very AoT in here, with Naruto thrown into the mix.
- I wish Ikoma actually gets some badassery moments. The anime like to make him to be useless at certain points to show how awesome Mumei is. Problem with that is, the latter is fucking annoying.

Horobi looks like an angry bird. xD
Also I can't take Biba seriously because of his name hahaha
Other than that, Mumei has indeed made a lot of stupid decisions in the series, but I guess i can kinda understand her bc she's only 12 afterall. Very impressionable age that is.

Caught up with both episodes.

Damn, I did not expect Takumi to die. That actually caught me off guard. 

Biba had daddy issues. Not surprisingly, but kind of underwhelming. 

Ikoma went super saiyan in the last episode. Can't wait to see the battle going from there lol. Think this will get a second season? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom