Johannes Palace - The King's Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olivia's grimace deepened when she heard the tones of their voices change. Capricorn was right the whole time. They used forbidden art! She sweated before turning around on cue from Khalid's hand. 

"The girl was kidnapped from the Sisterhood. Her teacher too, though I'm not very sure why they took him along since they seemed to only be interested in young women. After we subdued the Queen, she seemed to let go of the possession for now... the girl just slept the entire time we tried to get out." She explained. "Seeing as they're both Paradicans, we agreed they should return to the Sisterhood first. The leader there should be able to figure out the aftereffects on her body since it was magic like you said. Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon."

“That’s good. I’m sure Master Z can looked into this and do the best she can to remedy this problem. If anyone has knowledge of ancient magic, it is definitely them.” Khalid answered.

“Yeah. Master Z is one of the best mages in the world. Nothing can outpace her.” Elewa praised. 

“Olivia, you said the girl was sleep the entire time. What is the status of her soul? Had it disappeared or are they occupying the same body?” Khalid asked.

"Um..." Olivia bit her fingernail in thought. "I think it's two souls in that body. But I'm afraid of how long the owner has control over her own body before the Queen takes over it again. At least it's possible to sense two souls rather than one when we were trying to get out of there."

“That might be a problem. The longer two souls remained in the single body, the higher chance that it’ll become difficult to remove. Once the two souls merged into one.” Khalid narrowed his eyes. “It’ll be impossible to separate.”

“And what happens to the host… it’ll be like two people fighting control over one.” Elewa added on. “And since this was through the use of ancient magic… separation is even harder to accomplished, since it uses strange energy to perform said action.”

"Then in that case, I really hope Master Z can at least try to fix it before it's too late..." Olivia trailed off in a sad tone. "At the very least, she wasn't in the same shape as the women we found, so it's safe to say they kidnapped her and the other mage very recently. We've got that going for us at least... but I can't sit around waiting for anything to get worse either."

“As long it’s not too late, Master Z should be able to cook something up. Currently, Master ShineCero is unable to do it since, well, news of his whereabouts is currently in the danger zone.” Khalid said. “Regardless, I may have to ask another request of your services, Miss Olivia.”

"Of course, Your Majesty. What is it you need from me?" Olivia asked. The situation was out of her hands until the Sisterhood could unearth anything else, so she was eager to have something productive occupy her time.

“I want you to go to Paradice and watch over Magiana I’m afraid that, based on the length of time that has passed, it’s possible, that her souls will be at a point that it cannot be separated.” Khalid warned. “Not even Master Z can reverse the problem. Especially something as complicated as ancient magic. I’m afraid that the Cult of the Watchers will cease their opportunity to kidnap the young mage once the Queen awakens and sought off their plans.” 

“But your majesty, if the Queen awakens, what can she do in this situation, aside from killing her?” Elewa asked.

“Hmm… I do have something in mind.” Khalid turns to Olivia. “Please, come closer and hold my hand.”

Olivia wondered to herself about the whereabouts of the mage called ShineCero, but didn't want to press Khalid about it based on his tone; it looks like he received bad news and didn't want to discuss it any further.

"At the very least I'll work with Master Z to try and keep the souls from merging into one. It's already bad enough we can't just purge the soul out of her body without killing her, but I'd really rather not let those souls merge..." Olivia said with a forlorn tone. "If those Cultists get their hands on her again, I'm afraid there won't be anyone that can back me up to recover her. And you will absolutely be put in danger." She stepped close to King Khalid and took his hand, looking up at him expectantly.

“I agree with you…” Khalid held her hand. “That’s why, I’m giving you this.” 

Khalid’s aura bursts out of his body, emitting so much energy, that it poured throughout the room they were in. Elewa had to take a step back to avoid being engulfed by the bright light that illuminating from his skin. A sense of that power pouring out surrounded the mercenary, overfilling her with such intensity of strength that it felt heavy at first, but quickly became lighter moments later.

The flash of power disappear, and the light went away. “I gave you the ability to suppress the Queen from taking over Magiana’s body completely. It won’t stop the merging process; however, but this will give you absolute control of preventing her from having her way. I called this one, Suppression.”

During the transfer of energy, Olivia felt overwhelmed and held her forehead with her free hand. She broke out into a sweat from the sudden input, but the sensation vanished as quickly as it came. "S-suppression...? Whoa. Wasn't expecting that to happen.." 

How is it even possible to do that sort of thing? I've never seen anything like it before! She thought in clear surprise.

"What else can you do if a transfer of power like that is so simple?... this is nothing like studying old dusty books all day..."

“Well, my family lineage is quite unique. I have Pure Energy, so I can perform things like that. Although, my inexperience and my youth, I don’t have quite a skill set as the others, otherwise, I would vanish that dark soul lingering in that young mage.”

“The Queen, being part of that family, also contains Pure Energy, but that rage… might taint it.” Elewa commented on.

“Right.” Khalid said in agreement. “Old Books don’t usually document stuff about my family, ever since the Queen got murdered by her own people through paranoia. I believe Cleo ended documentation of our abilities and it simply got lost in time. Like how ancient magic got lost as generations passed in Paradice.” He thought about it. “Nevertheless, this ability I gave you is a powerful ability. It will prevent the Queen from taking over the young one. As long you are around, she will sleep soundly without worry.”

"I'd say 'rage' is an understatement... there's a very volatile being inhabiting that poor girl's body." Olivia shivered at recalling how oppressive the Queen's aura was. "But with this, at least I won't need the help of three other people to push her back." 

She frowned. "Even so... it's a bit sad she was killed by her own people. Was she a cruel ruler or something like that? It takes a lot to have your own people turn against you so much as to execute you themselves. She did ramble a lot about being dethroned but I never would think that was what really happened to her... "

Khalid and Elewa looked at each other.

"My mother told me that she was indeed not cruel, but kind. But she often plays around with ancient magic, banned a lot ago before her time, and cause people to become paranoia and scared." Khalid explained. "You see... our people..."

"They're idiots." Elewa finished Khalid's sentence.

"The Watchers Cult actually been active for a really long time... and they one of them taught the Queen the ancient secrets of magic. People talk, spread while rumors, and one thing lead to the other, she was killed. Without trial. Without proving evidences." 

Khalid nodded at Elewa's statements. "People playing with forbidden magic gets people talking... especially those that connected themselves with the Watchers Cult. They think you became a false god... something we often had during that time, and people assumed she became as such. She never stood a chance when they ambush her."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom