Graphics by Lux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxtra

Blue Jacket
Welcome to
~ Graphics by Lux ~

After coming back to a forum and seeing everyone else's artwork, I felt like creating my own graphics thread (again).

First up is some of my old work that I created in 2011-2012, my most productive period in terms of graphics. Some of you might remember these ones:
ojuM419.png

VPdVsMp.png

WJe9QHv.png

[font='Source Sans Pro', Tahoma, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]
ucBjsBT.png
[/font]

KNok38k.png
[/font]

yZ7bwyO.png
[/font]

ktjvtdZ.png
[/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro', Tahoma, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]The past three years I've been creating a few graphics, but not more than six per year. So I have a long way to go in order to shake off the dust and get back to the level I was once at. But that's only my secondary goal, my main goal is just to have fun during the creative process :)[/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro', Tahoma, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]And without further ado, here is my most recent work, the first one since I've joined this site:[/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro', Tahoma, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif][font='Source Sans Pro', Tahoma, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif][font='Source Sans Pro', Tahoma, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]
EeypK68.png
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro', Tahoma, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif][font='Source Sans Pro', Tahoma, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif][font='Source Sans Pro', Tahoma, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Please note that I won't be taking requests. Thank you for your understanding.[/font][/font][/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro', Tahoma, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif][font='Source Sans Pro', Tahoma, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif][font='Source Sans Pro', Tahoma, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]I hope that you'll enjoy your stay in my graphics thread :D[/font][/font][/font]

Thank you Loopy and ShineCero! I exceeded the picture limit in my opening post, but I actually wanted to post a few more old sigs that I still like. So until I create another new graphic, please enjoy these older ones:

HLIRV.png

XxgmlWA.png

VYBO00e.png

l9UUeSU.png

SlXvYJz.png

lkRl3JQ.png

ESovg.png

7TrLI.png

rCEqB.png

2chtc.png

Also, all of my sigs are free to use! Just credit me, that's all I ask.

Ignore that crazy question I asked you in the comments. Of course you still got it :cool:

Nice blending and flow in your most recent signature  :sunman:

Thank you N3rd! :cool: Or should I call you Ashiros now? ;)

I felt like making another graphic tonight, so I whipped up this one:

Q2ztEJc.png

The text took me the longest time and I'm still not satisfied with it. In the end I got to a point where I only made it worse instead of improving it, so I stopped right there. It's not my best work, but I wanted to share it with you guys nonetheless :)

Edit: Some simple stuff I made these last few days. The first is my new Mushishi set, which is really just some image editing with overlays and colour correction:

aWqDfFF.png
xqjCHtv.png

The second is a Lady Gaga sig:

nDMNtwr.png

Let's be honest. It's N3rd forever  :p

All of them are nice. My favorite would be the Mushishi sig. There's some really nice abstract qualities to it and it fits the surreal vibe of the show. At least what I saw from the first episode lol. I plan on finishing someday. Anyways, awesome work.

The Lady Gaga is nice and simple. It's straight to the point and I think you did well with the text here. Particularly, the choice of font and the placement. This signature could easily pass for an alternative album artwork for The Fame Monster.

Next up is my girl Aqua. I don't really have a problem with the text. I like the choice of font and I like that you kind of spaced out her name to create some variation. Looks like you added some depth as well. The only thing I find unattractive about the sig is probably the light from the keyblade. To me, it kind of clashes with the rest of the sig but it most likely came with the render. So yeah, not much you can do there. Good work as well.

All the creations I'm seeing around the site is sure to motivate me to get back in the game sooner or later lol. Keep the graphics coming Lux!

Thank you for the valuable feedback N3rd! :thumbs:

Here is a new sig, this time the render is Adam Jensen from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I'm hyped for the new Deus Ex game (Mankind Divided), so naturally I had to make a sig with him in the center sooner or later. Maybe I went overboard with the glass shards, but I couldn't help myself.

lFqattX.png

By the way, in my opinion this sig looks better with a dark background, like the standard background of Photoshop. For comparison, here is the sig with a dark background:​
M7rtMwI.png
----------------------

Edit: After seeing Ploep's amazing Zankyou no Terror set for a while now, my fingers were itching and I just had to make a set for that anime myself. It's very simple because the stocks I used were already near perfect (and I got lazy midway through...). The set is under a spoiler because you could say that the sig shows (albeit very mild) violence and "blood".
az3pGcK.gif

JjBW1KT.gif

Couldn't find the original source/creator of the GIF | Source Sig Stock
Also, I'm still very happy with my current Mushishi set, so I won't use this Zankyou no Terror set (for now). It's up for grabs :D

Nice Deus Ex sig. The shards are great and help immerse him into the signature. And the text is top notch.
It definitely looks better with a dark background. The gray helps bring more attention to the black and gives it better contrast.

Nice ZnT set as well. The sharpness of the bird feathers really appeal to me for some reason. Makes the sig look more candid. Also, you've inspired me to make my avatar a gif  :cool:

Yeah Syn really did a great job on my set! Your ZnT is really cool too! Now I wanna try making one too. xD
Another thing I like about your sigs is how sharp they are. :O Like the things you put arond the renders only makes then stand out even more which is really cool. :D

Ashiros said:
Nice Deus Ex sig. The shards are great and help immerse him into the signature. And the text is top notch.
It definitely looks better with a dark background. The gray helps bring more attention to the black and gives it better contrast.

Nice ZnT set as well. The sharpness of the bird feathers really appeal to me for some reason. Makes the sig look more candid. Also, you've inspired me to make my avatar a gif  :cool:

Thank you! But I can't take the credit for the text because it's the official logo xD It was such a perfect fit for the Deus Ex sig that I decided to use the logo instead of my own text.

Can't wait to see your new animated avatar :cool:

LoopyPanda said:
I do like the feathers, so it was a good choice to leave those in with the sig! Simple, but attractive.

Thanks :) Yep, when I made the ZnT sig I felt that editing it too much and taking out stuff would end up "hurting" it. So I only made some minor adjustments.

Ploep said:
Yeah Syn really did a great job on my set! Your ZnT is really cool too! Now I wanna try making one too. xD
Another thing I like about your sigs is how sharp they are. :O Like the things you put arond the renders only makes then stand out even more which is really cool. :D

I'm sure that you'll come up with a nice ZnT set! I'm looking forward to it :D

Thanks for noticing that :) I'm always trying to make the render stand out a bit while still blending it with the sig. Putting "things" like shards around the render certainly helps, but I do sharpen the render as well, using a filter and a layer mask in Photoshop. I could do a little tutorial on that if anyone's interested, but I don't know if my method works with GIMP or other software.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And here is a new simple sig. I've played SSX lately and we've also had some snow around here lately, so making this sig felt natural:

k4e29z.jpg

The sig is even smaller than usual because I ended up cropping the original canvas quite a bit. There was too much empty space that I just couldn't fill. It's also a bit more like a photo manipulation than actual GFX work, but I hope you guys enjoy it nonetheless.

Gonna swoop by and examine this-- WHOA! Loving what I see here, Lux! I especially like the dude who shoots his feathers out. I feel like you did a nice job with that and I like the symbolism (assuming there is one) in it. Nice work! Keep it up! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom