Ghostbusters [2016]

SPINAL

Blue Jacket
[video=youtube]

Tumblr the movie -_-

JK LOL

[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]A new Ghostbusters film could have a female cast and be great. Hell, the new team could be four claymation dogs, and be good. The key is it needed a production team and cast who could do honor to and understand the source material. [/font]

*Sighs.* That last scene, with the Winston replacement and ghost possession, and the photon laser weaponry. There goes SO MUCH FUCKING CANON.

But yeah, reboot sequels have to overwrite all of the spin off canon built up, don't they? Cough cough fucking Star Wars.

I'm just going to put in spoilers my canon based grips so far.
1. If this is 30 years after GB1, and the old GBs are gone, then who kept clearing up the ghosts? After all we've seen that thanks to the fact new people die every day new ghosts are always popping up?

2. Why the laser weaponry in the battle sequence? We know that regular proton packs are highly destructive and can deal with ghosts easily, so why replace them?

3. Ghost possession isn't a new thing, Hell its been dealt with enough that Ray and Eagon made positive mood slime to use to force people out of ghosts, yet that's the primary way. So why did slapping work? Why did the ghost leave and say not possess the slapper?

What the hell did I just watch? I don't know about you guys but this looks like a piece of garbage. For some strange reason, I'm getting reminded of Pixels :wagh:

The problem with the film is simply because they're pandering to the crowd and then make it seems like, if you dislike the moment, it'll paint you as "sexist". I don't know whether or not the movie is going to be good, but judging from the trailers alone, it isn't all that impressive.

Other than the movie itself looking boring as hell, the fact the entire main cast are women is proof of pandering to tunblr feminists to snag a quick buck.

Using nerd quirky awkward girl archetypes, Tumblr Haircut (tm), token black woman (one who isn't a science girl but 'knows the streets', and has the token black person dialect... kinda stereotypical)? Pandering.

I read the argument on tumblr that you're a misogynist for judging the trailer to suck; you just hate it because it has women!!!! They based the argument in support of the movie solely on the gender-- not on how the plot would be promising or anything.

Which is utter bs; people hate it because it is a blatant soulless reboot made to score feminist brownie points by shoving in a female cast to hide the bad writing and copy-paste concept. 

And the tumblr crowd fell for it hook, line, and sinker. They claim to hate soulless things like this yet blindly support it in the name of feminism. Throwing their money at bland and not very bold stuff.

tumblr are the band of hypocrisy xD

Yeah. I find it ironic that they're preach about people being "sexist" and "racist" if you think the movie is a piece of shit, yet the movie itself has a token black stereotypical woman.. and that's fine with them? Normally in any other situtaiton, they would be in a uproar, but because it's all women cast, it gets a pass? 

Here's Bill Murray's comments on the movie:

"When you see the film, and you'll delight in the film, it sort of rumbles along in the beginning. You're going, 'Oh God, are they going to pull this thing off?' I felt like a stepfather to the whole thing. There is no quit in these girls. This is a tough movie to pull off, because it's a big concept. There's a lot on the plate - there's a lot of expectation."

"I thought about it for a very long time. Like, many, many months. No, that's not right. I was seriously thinking about this for years, really ... It kept eating at me, and I really respect those girls. And then I started to feel like if I didn't do this movie, maybe somebody would write a bad review or something, thinking there was some sort of disapproval [on my part]."

This movie and the people who are responsible for it and those who support depress me currently.

Zeddamore may have been stereotypical, but he had an excuse. He was a poor immigrant, an unskilled worker who didn't like to talk much, and preferred brawn over brain. Despite this he was crucial in the movies, espically the second one where he breaks down a door to save Egon and Ray from burning to death.

His replacement? Strung up like a kite "I have familial connections" gun ho black woman. Slapping scene, that's funny right? That's comedic. Let me just flip through my old Ghost Busting note book; "The preferred method of undoing spiritual possession is through the use of positive mood slime." Let me just burn this book since it's useless.

Right!?

I never thought I would cringe at that scene. "Was this supposed to be funny?" literally came across my mind. What's worse about the scene is something that literally stereotypical black women are known for. Maybe it would work in a comedic film, but this? No thanks. 

I also don't understand the time of this movie. Is it a reboot or a sequel? Or a brand new universe? They're giving out conflicting information regards to this film.

Grey Star said:
Apologies for double posting.

I'll quote myself here.

Ticked off Grey said:
There aren't enough ech words in the dictionary to convey my disgust right now!

That feeling when Progressive commercial is more entertaining than the actual film :kek:

Eruner said:
I don't find that joke movie so funny, I would expect a better parody :/

Give this man a medal :pls:

In more lolworthy content, James Rolfe (otherwise known as AVGN) did his reasoning of why he's not going to review Ghostbusters. Noticed that not once in his entire video did he point out the "gender" or them being female, was an issue (in fact, he criticized the fact that the film reasoning is simply just "Hey it's girls now! Watch it pls!!!"). 

[video=youtube]

He was attacked for it. Including Patton Oswalt and Lindsay Ellis (Nostalgia Chick Chick). The top response to their "resort" was so savage that I'm thinking I earn a rightful place in hell for laughing so hard at that :pls:

It's been a few weeks since this movie came out; it's a total bust. 

It's budget is about 144 million dollars. Add in another 100 million for distribution and advertising from various companies. It needs 244 million dollars to "cover", but needs 500 million dollars to actually make a profit.

As of now, it made 164 million dollars. Ghostbusters 2016 is a total flop.

Maybe next time, Paul should have kept his mouth shut and less shitty ass trailers (along with actually making the film more decent at any rate).

Idk if it's a feminist thing so much as it is being the equivalent of a fart joke. Just because it comes out the other end doesn't make it any funnier than a typical "lul I pooted" joke. But lots of people admitted the jokes to be hit or miss.

Heard lots of people call GB16 a "cute movie". I never heard the originals get called that, but then again they were actually fighting ghosts for most of the movie weren't they?

A sci fi/ghostbuster movie being called "cute" isn't good lol but I guess this is the #1 chick flick. Don't kill me tumblr fems it just really feels marketed like a Chick-flick with ghosts in the bg

Back
Top Bottom