Games you want but don't exist (yet)

LoopyPanda

Black Jacket
Website
babyufo.tumblr.com
Just like it says on the tin, this is a bit of an easier discussion thread where people can post their ideas of what they would like to see make it onto the market as a game eventually, but have not seen yet. However, this is also the opportunity for others to recommend posters titles that may fit the bill (or at least give them something to satisfy their request until the fateful day comes). After all, not everyone knows about every title on the market! And even if these titles are on obsolete consoles and can't be obtained via ROMs or online digital download from console stores, youtube's always got a decent archive of these playthroughs.

I'll start with my own wish that twitter reminded me of wanting: so far the post-apocalyptic game market has been saturated with gritty games based on fighting violent humans amidst spoopy monsters and zolmbies (among Telltale style storylines...), but little variety beyond that. Fallout doesn't quite suit what I'm looking for either. But I would like to see a customizable life sim ala Animal Crossing except instead of a chibi, you're a fullsized human living among others in a post-apocalyptic radioactive wasteland. Maybe online, maybe not, but not mandatory pvp (we already have enough of that anyway). Kind of an open-world, sandbox thing where you can customize how you look with a lot of wardrobe (and different gas mask/equipment options). Help your other friends scavenge and catch food, maybe raise some mutated rabbits or dogs, even discover new species of mutant animals. Idk, it just sounds more appealing to me to decorate my hollowed-out room of the abandoned subway or empty ramshackle suburban house while working and helping out some nice peeps with growing stuff to help rebuild society. Even side quests with gathering sunflower seeds (I read once that they are being studied for their capability to remove nuclear waste from the soil and return it to a healthy composition for human use) or something like that. Relaxing, but still interesting because of the apocalyptic sci-fi flavor.

Anyway I'd love to hear other people's ideas for what they'd like to see in a viddy game one day if they feel it hasn't been met yet.

A Splinter Cell and MGS crossover, based off this video:
[video=youtube]

An actual sequel to Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits instead of whatever End of Darkness ended up being.

A Transformers game, but make it complex and deep in lore, and where your actions will lead to certain plot points in the story...like with Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Essentially I want a Transformers game with the same mechanics as Dragon Age and Mass Effect. pl e a se

LoopyPanda said:
A full remaster of Drakengard given the same love that Nier Automata got for development

I would a fully remaster of Drakengard to fully take advantage of its wacky plots. :thonk:

An remake of Sonic the Hedgehog 06

If they don't make a Pokemon spinoff title that allows you to do nothing but play with your Pokemon, bathe them, and cook food for them/yourself Cooking Mama style for the Switch, I'm gonna go feral one of these days

Anyone here remember Sim Earth?

I'd LOVE an updated version of that game with actual graphics and music instead of... whatever was going on with the NES lol. So far I think Species is the closet thing to what I'd want, but put that on a global scale watching different habitats spring up and different species pop up in other ecosystems starting from the Hadean times when the planet is still forming. And have the terraforming tools move with the continents. That would be dope.

I would LOVE a game that's like Pokemon XD and Colosseum, only with the original premise they had for XD, instead of the premise we got for XD.

The first premise was that the original character you play as in Colosseum, Wes (if you used the default names the game gave you, the first name for the character was Wes, and the girl's name was Rui) was going to have a sudden change of heart again, and become the leader of Cipher, becoming a much better leader than Evice ever was. The game would yes, revolve around you having to topple Cipher once again, but this time, the leader (Wes) would know what was possible and what wasn't for both regular and shadow pokemon alike. Because of having that advantage (due to the events that unfolded in Colosseum), having to topple Cipher once again a la hard mode, with multiple barriers to try and prevent you from purifying shadow pokemon (But you still can. Just to do it initially is tough, but once you get there, you can keep doing it, like how XD gave you both Agate Village and the purify chamber, whereas in Colosseum, you only had Agate Village). 

And, because of Wes's change of heart again, Rui is the one who helps build the purify chamber and the snag machine to combat Wes, and she becomes a valuable ally, not just a following NPC. 

Miror B is still in the game, but like XD, instead of being in Cipher, he's just known as Wanderer Miror B. And like both games, if you fail to snag a shadow pokemon, Miror B would have it.

(Just to clarify, the first premise for XD was just Wes becoming the leader of Cipher. Everything else is my own thoughts)

Maybe something like this for 3DS or Switch?

Back
Top Bottom