Galactic Ruins (AGAIN)

LoopyPanda

Black Jacket
Website
babyufo.tumblr.com
Because I wanted to fix everything up and put it in running order, but it took me so long, I put the opening of the actual RP on a hiatus. Well, it ends today!

Important Links

While this thread is presumably for planning the arcs as we go along OoC, I also intend to use it as a way so players can give me feedback on the story arc or ask me questions, and keep everyone on the same page.
Please let me know if you think we end up moving too slow or have similar grievances that can be resolved by me. If you wish, you can PM me about it. :)

Premise:
In the year 30XX, the Solar System of the Milky Way Galaxy faces an emerging threat known as Genma Platt. Mercury has been under his control for about 6 months thanks to careful interloping during heated political tension between the Mercurian Union and the Venusian Empire, who declared war on each other. He now has control over Mercury, but has not made another move yet, citing that he must be patient to reap the rewards. Fearing what is to come when he exits his state of hidden activity, the Terranovan Union has undertaken a plan in the past 4 months to secretly infiltrate Genma’s base of operations by employing a specialized squad unit called the Orion Squad.

Genma Platt has been declared by the Terranovan Union as a potential galactic threat. Because of his ruthless coup on Mercury and his apparent access to Class 3 weapons that take substantial amounts of resources and energy to power, the TU fears his next move will leave a swift and brutal blow to his next targets, one of which has been predicted to be Venus due to their substantially weakened access to manpower and resources. The Orion Squad (the players) thus has been tasked to be the ones that strike him down, led by Special Ops Commander Aurelia to coordinate their secret coup-- however, the question lies in how well the Union’s carefully calculated plans will work upon execution, especially against an enemy with no clear reasoning to his motives and no reliable information having been collected on him yet. With emerging rumors of an approaching new world order, anarchism and crime rates have increased. How much impact will Genma’s forces inflict upon the galaxy?

Things to know:
  • Yes, I changed the name of the villain by one letter. Deal with it. B|
  • This game has some required reading, which is found here (so you don't have to scroll back to the top). You have to read it in order to properly make characters. Thus, I ask you keep up with background information so things don't get distorted in-universe. Your character’s background information will match up well with the in-game setting as long as you follow the lore’s outlines. Once the game begins, I will not be altering any core lore that will be used for world-building.
  • The story takes place in the Milky Way Galaxy/Our Solar System, so your character can't be from a made-up planet. See the Lore Thread for further information about planets.
  • This is a Sci Fi/actiony themed RP: magic is not a thing! You will have the option to use powers however. (more on this later) A Sci-Fi/Futuristic RP like this doesn't require you to be a genius about rocket science or anything really (in fact most of what you see written by me is just uneducated guesses at how technology would work in the distant future) The lore should be enough to keep you afloat.
  • You can register a human, an alien, or a cyborg. Aliens can be whatever species you make up. See bullet point #2 regarding planets.
  • The maximum character limit is 2 at a time. You can choose to introduce a new one if one dies (you can choose when/if they die). Newly registered characters can’t be used until I give the go-ahead-- I will PM you.
Independent villain arcs run by the players are not allowed at this time. Only I can play villains at this time.

Play Style:
  • Character registration will have a simplified Class/Role system, so the battle system may be a bit of new ground in terms of what's been done on BG roleplay before. More on this soon.
  • OOC posts by me will be bolded. Pay heed to these when I do post them, as I may place these for important information about a battle, thing, etc.
  • Battles are turn-based, so players shouldn't make 64-chain combo attacks in just one post. You must cooperate with your fellow players if you don't want to get rekt.
Current plan: The Orion Squad will meet together with Special Ops Commander Aurelia for the first time, and will be debriefed on the current situation by attending a Terranovan Union Meeting. After this, characters will be given a short time to introduce each other or interact before being given their first mission and departing.

Any questions you have regarding anything may be posted below! I'll post the character registration template soon if people are still interested in this.

Finally, after 3000 years. I been focusing so much on BoogaVerse, got it's my main RP thing for now. So Good Days will take a back seat for the moment; this is the better RP anyways! So count me in, buddy! :wagh:

ShineCero said:
Finally, after 3000 years. I been focusing so much on BoogaVerse, got it's my main RP thing for now. So Good Days will take a back seat for the moment; this is the better RP anyways! So count me in, buddy! :wagh:

B))

I will have to make some last minute adjustments before I put up the Character Registration thread (on top of making my characters first). That should be enough time for peeps to get comfy with the lore.

Heyo! Dropping in to report that I still have some things to iron out before beginning the game so that won't be made for a couple more days. That being said, registration is still open! But as a warning for late players, I will be less likely to accept a character of the Offense category, since it's good to maintain a degree of diversity with the roles here. I won't close the thread but be advised that I may not be able to immediately let you begin depending on where everyone is at.

Additionally, I'd like to clarify that I'll be trying my best to maintain a balance between roleplaying (character interaction) and the combat, since I enjoy games that have a bit of both. Some people only like one or the other and may not want to compromise between the two, so I wanted to get that settled first.

As for how the first arc will go, it will be a short one solely to get everyone acquainted.

Back
Top Bottom