Forest of the Bewitched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seto held out his hand and fired a basic ki blast at one of the ghouls. He then hit the other ghoul with the hilt of his katana.

"Definitely not friendly." he said. "They should get some friendship lessons from Casper."

"Looks like we'll need to pick this up." Asuza threw a fireball before swinging her leg out to another ghoul, the foot lit up in flames as well.
I'd attempt the Sun Shower Spell, but it would catch this whole forest on fire... She thought.

"Theoretically speaking yes, I could purify them, but right now I don't have the time to do that! If these creatures hit you with their claws you will have a poison coursing through your veins that restricts your movement greatly.... we do not need that happening with this situation." Youko said, smacking another incoming ghoul with her staff causing it to collapse to the ground and disappear.

"What are we supposed to do then, just kill these things? Red says there's something different about them and I want to know what exactly it is!" Alurora combated, quickly maneuvering out of the way of another ghoul that was headed her way; hitting it with the hilt of her sword to push it back away from her. The ghouls that had been after Rena had now taken hits from her sharp fall, quickly disappearing into the ground after impact.
------

Finally, the raven reached the remaining two of the group; letting out one last caw before flying away from the two, going deeper in the forest as if returning to someone. In the raven's place, more ghoul creatures appeared from behind the trees and immediately dove for the two females.

"It IS the bird, I knew it!" The female demon said, immediately withdrawing her dagger and quickly stabbing one of the creatures, followed by attacking the second one with conjuring a ball of dark energy and thrusting the ball at the creature; falling to the ground almost immediately.

"I guess I gotta step up too, I can't just stand here and letcha do all the work!" Serene said, turning towards another ghoul that was heading towards her and withdrawing her wand, she made a waving motion at the creature; orange light beginning to come from the tip of it. "Pumpkin Barrage!" She exclaimed, soon after a barrage of pumpkins emerged from the tip of the wand, then hammered into the ghoul; it exploding almost immediately on contact.
------

After Asuza's and Seto's attacks on the ghouls nearest them, one more appeared from the shadows of the trees; being much bigger than the ones prior, and it had a purple glow coming from its claws instead of the darker tint.
------

"I should have figured you were going to waltz up here even if you knew what exactly you would be getting yourself into, but... I can say congratulations, you very slightly surprised me." The female said, before a ball of ice was immediately thrown at the male; aimed at his arm with the spear in it before she letting herself fall towards the ground, her figure now being able to be fully seen.

Oriko noticed the ice ball and tried to dodge it, but it hit his arm, causing him to "drop" the spear, which disappeared upon falling a short distance away.

"You got me the first time, but I'm not letting that happen again, you damn witch!" Oriko rushed at the figure, summoning another light spear as he thrust the light object at her.

"Must be the big brother." Seto said. He held out his hand and fired multiple ki blasts at the big ghoul.

"Then let's toast it." Asuza said. The fire witch took hold of her fire opal pendant and began forming a snowball-sized fireball, not wishing to use up a tremendous amount of energy or burn the forest down with it. Firing it forward after Seto fired his ki blast, and exclaimed, "Burst point!" She hoped it would hit and burst apart to burn the ghoul considerably.

I wonder if the other people crossed paths with anything yet? If only we could chase that raven... She thought.

As the ghoul was being hit by the consistent fire attacks, the larger ghoul let out a guttural shrieking noise as it backed away to try and get away from the flames; swinging back and forth trying to hit Asuza and Seto, but instead losing one if its arms from the extent of the fire. In a last ditch effort to attack, the larger ghoul then jumped towards the two, its claws on the arm that had the lesser amount of burns on it, extending just a little bit further outwards than normal.
------

"Finish off the other one behind you, I'll get this one!" The demon called over to Serene, jumping out of the way of the ghoul's claws that had been aimed at her, then immediately jammed her dagger into the ghoul. The creature let out a louder noise of protest as the weapon had dug its way into its heart before it collapsed and disappeared back into the ground. "Since it seems we're going to be stuck together for quite some time, I suppose I should fill you in on my name. I'm called Constance." The now identified female added.

"Not the best time for you to be tellin' me that, but I guess better late than never! I got this other one, so just try and not trip over yourself!" Serene said, turning her attention towards the ghoul present behind her, it seemed slightly hesitant to attack, but eventually dove for the witch. "Bat swarm!" She called out almost in an order like manner and pointed her wand at the ghoul; bats coming from the wand and swarming around the creature, screeching and scratching at its face causing it to back off and instead of trying to assault, running off into the depths of the forest.
-----
"Come now, we don't want to resort to that do we?" The witch said, but quickly attempted to maneuver her way out of the spears path; her arm being clipped by it in the process causing her to cringe slightly, before dragging something or someone out from behind a tree closest to her. "This is whom you were assigned to find, am I incorrect?" She called over, holding the member of the church that appeared to have both his hands tied behind him as well as a blindfold covering his eyes.
------

"Under normal circumstances I would try my best to try and purify these creatures, but we just cannot afford to given the situation Alurora! We don't have the necessary equipment to keep them bound, so I could perform the purifying ceremony." Youko said, a hint of sadness tinting her eyes as she hit the last of the remaining ghouls with her weapon; it disappearing after a small roar. Alurora watched, not sure what else she could do at this point.

"I... I'm sorry.. I just thought that... we could try and help them.." She said, her voice having the sound of defeat in it as she let out a small sigh. "Hopefully everyone else is alright I suppose." Alurora said to her animal companion whose ears twitched and head tilted slightly in return as if concerned.

"What are you playing at here? Why the hell did you turn all of those people into ghouls but not the church member? Tell me right now!" Oriko growled as he held his light spear up.

Asuza barely missed the Ghoul's attack, but its Claws had sliced her upper arm through her dress. Asuza hissed in pain. This didn't come without a retaliatiom from her however. 

"Tch. I paid good money for this dress, and you have the audacity to soil it?" Her tone was cold, but her left hand lit up with fire, tightly gripping the Ghoul's arm while it had been outstretched. 

"I'll burn you to a crisp for that." Said the fire witch; there were few things Asuza cared for, and her clothing was one of them. "Quickly, stab it!" She shouted towards Seto.

A sliver of a smirk appeared on the unidentified witch's lips as she looked Oriko directly in the eyes. "I have to draw other beings in here in order to get things done quicker, that's why this one is still the way he is... at least, for now. I knew the church would post a billboard once a rather important member of their staff went missing, so it was just a matter of playing the waiting game until it happened. Of course, I'm not acting upon this on the sole matter because I want to, just like most of everyone I have orders I have to follow as well." She spoke, her stance not changing, but she maneuvered the church member towards her as to act as a shield.
------

The ghoul let out a horrifying screech noise as the remaining arm had been set on fire and was now nothing, but ash on the ground. Being unable to defend itself any further, the larger ghoul collapsed to the ground, but was still letting out the ear blasting screech(it was now echoing across the forest) as if to ward off the two that now surrounded it.
------

"What in the heavens is that noise!?" Youko exclaimed, covering her ears once the noise reached where she and the other two currently were. 'I've never heard such a grotesque noise before, it has to be coming from one of the ghouls! The ones we had here we got rid of though...' She thought to herself, closing her eyes as if to clear her mind to get better concentration.

"It sounds like some kind of cry for help, but at the same time... a way to ward something or someone off.." Alurora said, but before she could continue speaking, she had to cover her ears given the sound only seemed to be getting louder; covering Red's ears too as to not cause him to pass out from the level of noise.
------

"Someone must have found the bigger of these creatures... this is the second loudest ear piercing screech I've heard from a creature and even this... I hadn't expected this sort of noise to come from one of these beings." Constance said, the noise reaching her and the second witch who looked relatively unhappy with the situation.

"There's no way anyone can think in this racket! It's so loud, I don't want Midnight here havin' a busted ear drum!" Serene exclaimed, covering her own ears and her cat's ears with whatever else she could find to do so with.

"Then who are you working for?" Oriko closed the gap, waiting for the perfect opportunity to lunge at the witch.

"That scream.. These poor souls are being tortured..." Rena sighed in sadness as she looked down at the ground, letting out a small pout about how she couldn't save the ghouls.

"As much as I would love to sit around and share the story of why I do what I currently do to you, with the possibility of getting impaled somehow while describing each and every detail about this, I have other matters I need to attend to in which require you to not be in my way. I feel we should understand each other on this, or should we do it the hard way? I really would not prefer killing this man, but if it needs to be done, then well... there wouldn't exactly be any overall objections on my end." The witch said, then immediately afterwards the area was surrounded in a small amount of fog, before more creatures seemed to appear while she withdrew one of her daggers and held it to the man's neck.
------

"We need to go find the source of all this, so we can get this forest back to the peaceful area in which I'm sure the residence are used to... the question on this matter, however is which way it is we need to go?" Youko said, placing herself on the ground as if she were trying to concentrate, while Alurora's gaze turned towards the sky.

"Red buddy, do you think you might be able to help us out with this one if Youko isn't able to? I feel like the life in this forest could go back to normal once we get rid of whatever this is and all the souls can rest in peace.." She said to the fox, as it squeaked in reply to her question; a light smile falling upon her features. 'I knew I could count on you.' She said to herself in thought before she turned towards the other member of the party. "What do you think about all of this?" She then asked.

Asuza was caught off guard by the blood curdling howling the ghoul let out. The sound made her cover her ears instantly, shutting her eyes briefly. "Eaugh! Why can't you die quietly like the other ones!?"

The witch would have simply kicked the ghoul in the face with a fiery foot, but the noise had alreasy entered her ears. There was no way she could concentrate her magic with that dastardly howling in her mind. Instead she swatted at what remained of the ghoul with her foot.

"You've got to be kidding me..." Oriko muttered to himself as he looked around at the monsters. Before he could react, however, a few blasts of demonic energy hit the monsters and one even flew by the witch's head.

"I sensed a strange energy here, so I came expecting a strong opponent. However--" the man with silver hair landed, his blue energy-like wings contracting and disappearing as he landed. "I got a coward who resorts to holding hostages, instead. And here I was, thinking I would have a good battle..."

"What the hell?! Who are you?" Oriko looked over at the stranger, slightly startled at the absurd amount of demonic energy the man gave off.

"Oh?" The man replied. "Sorry for my rude manners. My name is Vali Lucifer, the current Hakuryuukou. Let those wings be proof of that." Oriko stood still, silent at the man's answer.

"But we have more important matters to tend to. For now, let's focus on the enemy who has presented themselves before us!" Vali got into a fighting position.

The dark witch turned her gaze towards the male that appeared before her, letting out a light sigh from her nose before lowering the dagger she had against the church member's neck before pushing him as if to get him out of the way. "Since it appears that there is no way to avoid a fight, I will grant some form of compliance and provide you with one." She spoke, before the raven from earlier showed up on her shoulder; letting out a louder caw. Soon enough, the trees around them began to shake before one of them came tumbling down towards the two men; a medium sized blue dragon appearing from behind the fallen tree and let out a roar loud enough to shake the trees around it as it landed its gaze upon the two other beings present. 'Artemis, this is so wrong! Why do you have to call me for these kinda of things, what you're doing isn't right!' The dragon said to the witch, though in thought for only her to hear. "Just be on with it, or would you rather be turned over?" She murmured back to the dragon; silence following for the next few seconds before it closed its eyes.

"I'm so sorry to do this, but it's the only way I can be protected from being figured out, I've gone so long without being found out!" A female's voice echoed through both males' heads before the dragon opened its mouth and instead of fire, a gust of frost came barreling towards the two.
------

After being hit, the ghoul let out one last final screech of protest before fully collapsing to the ground and turned into ash; alongside the arm that had been severely burnt off prior. Silence now went throughout the forest, with only a small gust of wind going through and shaking the leaves of the trees.
------

"It stopped... there are also four beings in total to the West of us... we need to get over there and see what exactly is about to happen, I think someone has found the cause of this mess." Constance said, briefly turning her gaze towards her companion before heading off in the direction of the power sources.

"Sure in a hurry to get this over with, aren't ya? Ah well, fun has to come to an end at some point and now's a better time than never I suppose." Serene said in response, walking after the demon.
------

Letting a sigh escape from her nostrils, Youko's eyes opened as she looked towards the two females that were currently accompanying her. "The power that seems to be controlling the creatures of this forest is coming from the Eastern most part away of our location... it will take a good amount of time to reach, but if we hurry we can see what exactly it is." She spoke, picking herself up off the ground as Alurora turned her gaze towards the monk.

"I... let's do this, then we can save these people once and for all!"' She said, a determined look in her eye and a newfound enthusiasm in her tone of voice; Red making a sound of agreement as he climbed up towards the half-elf's shoulder from his previous position in her shirt.

Vali jumped out of the way of the frost breath as did Oriko, but Oriko wasn't quick enough as the breath had froze his arm and leg together in a block of ice!

"Damnit! This will take a while, so keep me covered!" Oriko began to breathe fire on the ice block, hoping to thaw it out before his dragon form expired.

"A dragon, huh? This will be interesting!" Vali glowed in a bright white light as he entered his Balance Breaker state, rushing at the dragon and trying to throw a punch at her.

[This may be a dragon, but remember that this is a different world than ours. This one appears to be weaker than most of the dragons of our world...] Albion, the dragon sealed in Vali's Divine Dividing, spoke in Vali's head.

"That's good! Let's beat up the person responsible for this and save whoever we can!" Rena pumped her fist, prepared for the upcoming battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom