Digimon Adventure Tri

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
75493.jpg

It's been six years since that summer adventure when Taichi Yagami and the rest of the DigiDestined crossed over to the Digital World. And nearly three years have passed since the final battle between Hikari Yagami's group and BelialVamdemon. As the peaceful days passed by, at some point the gate to the Digital World closed. Not even the DigiDestined know what caused this, and time alone continues to pass.

On one such day, a Kuwagamon suddenly appears in Odaiba. Its rampage leaves the town in ruins, and the people there in turmoil. Taichi happens to catch sight of the Kuwagamon, and he chases after it all by himself in an effort to halt its rampage. But there's nothing he can do against a Kuwagamon.

"It's no use... I can't do anything about this alone..."
Just as the Kuwagamon roars and attacks Taichi, his Digivice begins to emit a bright light...

"Taichi, look how big you've grown!"
With the sound of that nostalgic voice, the story once again begins to move in a big way.

Taichi Yagami, age 17; high school student.
The adventure now evolves once again.

Digimon Adventure tri. will be a six-part film series. 
  • The first installment, Reunion, premiered on November 21st, 2015, as well as Crunchyroll and other media streaming sites, the former of which splitting the release into four parts.
  • The second installment, Determination, is due for release on March 12th, 2016, with a home video release in Japan on April 2nd, 2016.
CUVnGXtUsAAxeMA.jpg

Mimi with Rosemon and Jo with Vikemon! I like what I see. I've seen a couple of episodes and it confused me (Mainly because I don't know much about Digimon). I guess I can'r say too much because I only saw two episodes but I'll give it a try and see it to the end before I give a final verdict.

I'm just really happy to see that there's a new series! I've got a special place for Digimon in my heart so I've really looked forward to watching Tri.
I liked how they used the old opening and ending (eventhough I didn't notice that at first because I've only heard the English dub opening (which is awesome by the way))
The animation was a bit iffy at some points and not much happened in the first 4 episodes, but still it wasn't that bad ( I was too happy seeing the old characters again xD).
But it's still sad that it's gonna take a while for the next episodes to come out, also the fact that it's made by Toei saddens me.

Well, I just finished watching Reunion....I gotta say I'm a wee bit confused plot wise. I guess it's because they haven't revealed a lot but I still feel like I'm missing something, dunno why. Also, way to raise the stakes to the max in the end there, that digimon (Alphamon was it?) went toe to toe with Omegamon. Not quite sure what to make of Taichi's sudden aversion to wrecking the towns here though. I mean, I guess it's KINDA realistic and all (I mean, the insurance companies probably went broke after Myotismon lol) but it's not like anyone actually has been killed in the crossfire yet....I dunno. It's weirding me out so far but they could do interesting things with that idea.

JamesYTP said:
Well, I just finished watching Reunion....I gotta say I'm a wee bit confused plot wise. I guess it's because they haven't revealed a lot but I still feel like I'm missing something, dunno why. Also, way to raise the stakes to the max in the end there, that digimon (Alphamon was it?) went toe to toe with Omegamon. Not quite sure what to make of Taichi's sudden aversion to wrecking the  towns here though. I mean, I guess it's KINDA realistic and all (I mean, the insurance companies probably went broke after Myotismon lol) but it's not like anyone actually has been killed in the crossfire yet....I dunno. It's weirding me out so far but they could do interesting things with that idea.

I agreed with you, there bro. There's many things I didn't like about the Reunion movie. 

I don't understand Tai's sudden aversion about the idea of "becoming too dangerous" when he practically already resolved that all the way in Adventure, and further put a nail to the coffin in Adventure 02. For Taichi to suddenly freeze up and act realized that kills his character development. 

Isn't Sora and Yamato supposed to be dating? Why is she suddenly interested in Taichi again? I haven't seen Taichi shown any interest towards her other than asking her to come to his futball match; but that's about it. So what the heck? Did Sora and Yamato broke up? I also dislike how majority of them has their character seem reversed. The only one that actually was ilkable for me with Mimi and probably Joe (for some reason, Joe seems to be flunking due to stress... even though he already resolved that issue already..). It's like they're taking all the problems from previous seasons, ignoring the fac that they have already accepted and resolved the issue and making it an inconvenience to "prove a point" i the story they're trying to tell. 

I was quite annoyed how none of them practically didn't stop for a second and be all: "Hey, bunch of Digimon appeared. Where the hell is Daisuke and the others? We sure needed that Imperalidramon right now." Hell, you would think Hikari and Takeru would be the first one to say something about their missing disappearance(s). Although I do credit Takeru of actually sending them an email of what the hell is going on.

And that girl with the digivice. I like how they completely disregard the fact that Alphamon never actually fought them seriously and was simply after the girl, never question why it was after her anyways nor question the idea of how there could be another person with that digivice. How come she didn't get the same digivice as Hikari and Takeru?

As of now, the story sucks and the characters development is lacking. I'll give them a benefit of doubt that they just started, but man, it felt like a waste of time. A whole lot of something going on.. and yet barely understand what the hell it was happening. It's like they threw in every plot point in this movie and expect them to stick.

Like, that one scene where Izzy was talking and explaining what the hell was happening; yet when Yamato and Taichi were about to rip each other face off, you can still hear Izzy talking. I can see if they're trying to pull a funny but damn, that was a bad execution and awkward scene.

ShineCero said:
Like, that one scene where Izzy was talking and explaining what the hell was happening; yet when Yamato and Taichi were about to rip each other face off, you can still hear Izzy talking. I can see if they're trying to pull a funny but damn, that was a bad execution and awkward scene.

Oh my god that scene was so soo weird. I don't think I've ever seen something so awkward. It was plain weird. He kept talking in a very monotonous voice which actually got really irritating eventhough it was supposed to be 'funny'. Like you're supposed to get a reaction of Izzy at some point but it never came????? Very odd.

Ploep said:
ShineCero said:

Oh my god that scene was so soo weird. I don't think I've ever seen something so awkward. It was plain weird. He kept talking in a very monotonous voice which actually got really irritating eventhough it was supposed to be 'funny'. Like you're supposed to get a reaction of Izzy at some point but it never came????? Very odd.

Right? I don't know what the hell the animators and the writers were thinking in that scene. It was so cringe-worthy to watch. The second movie better step their game up, you know what I'm saying? No more awkward scenes.

ShineCero said:
I agreed with you, there bro. There's many things I didn't like about the Reunion movie. 

I don't understand Tai's sudden aversion about the idea of "becoming too dangerous" when he practically already resolved that all the way in Adventure, and further put a nail to the coffin in Adventure 02. For Taichi to suddenly freeze up and act realized that kills his character development. 

Isn't Sora and Yamato supposed to be dating? Why is she suddenly interested in Taichi again? I haven't seen Taichi shown any interest towards her other than asking her to come to his futball match; but that's about it. So what the heck? Did Sora and Yamato broke up? I also dislike how majority of them has their character seem reversed. The only one that actually was ilkable for me with Mimi and probably Joe (for some reason, Joe seems to be flunking due to stress... even though he already resolved that issue already..). It's like they're taking all the problems from previous seasons, ignoring the fac that they have already accepted and resolved the issue and making it an inconvenience to "prove a point" i the story they're trying to tell. 

I was quite annoyed how none of them practically didn't stop for a second and be all: "Hey, bunch of Digimon appeared. Where the hell is Daisuke and the others? We sure needed that Imperalidramon right now." Hell, you would think Hikari and Takeru would be the first one to say something about their missing disappearance(s). Although I do credit Takeru of actually sending them an email of what the hell is going on.

And that girl with the digivice. I like how they completely disregard the fact that Alphamon never actually fought them seriously and was simply after the girl, never question why it was after her anyways nor question the idea of how there could be another person with that digivice. How come she didn't get the same digivice as Hikari and Takeru?

As of now, the story sucks and the characters development is lacking. I'll give them a benefit of doubt that they just started, but man, it felt like a waste of time. A whole lot of something going on.. and yet barely understand what the hell it was happening. It's like they threw in every plot point in this movie and expect them to stick.

Well, I guess I kinda get that they were really kinda trying to push the idea that Taichi changed some as he grew up. I honestly kinda like the idea of going there since that's kind of a part of like a lot of people go through when they get to high school, when ya kinda realize that you're a different person now and so are a lot of your old friends and you just kinda start to drift apart from there. Buuut as far as the execution of this went, being afraid to destroy isn't really the best way to explore this idea lol. I guess if I were to kinda take a stab at the rationale there Tai's crest was courage so I guess they were trying to show him being a bit more fearful....IDK, whatever it was that just didn't work.

Honestly I kinda feel like Sora being interested in Tai again was largely pandering to nostalgia. Those two were the couple everyone always shipped, so I guess they felt the need to at least go there. Of course I kinda knew going in that at best they were going to not heed Digimon Adventure 02 much and that epilogue seems to be controversial among fans, so maybe they just didn't wanna go there right away? IDK. I didn't actually catch that Takeru was emailing Daisuke and the Adventure 02 crew on first viewing but I'm glad they're acknowledging they exist at least. It's been a few months since I finished rewatching 02 as a refresher for this but if I remember right wasn't it just Daisuke, Ken, Iori, Miyako, Takeru and Hikari that ad the D3 digivices? I seem to remember that all the other digi-destined they encountered across the world had standard digivices. 

I think the whole thing with the new girl was just a transition into the next film/bunch of episodes. They'll explore her a bit more later but for now it's just an introduction. Although the fact that there are digidestined outside of their group is pretty established I think. All in all I think they were trying to cram too much into this one film and it was a lot of exposition dumping at best...hope they do better with the next.

JamesYTP said:
ShineCero said:

Well, I guess I kinda get that they were really kinda trying to push the idea that Taichi changed some as he grew up. I honestly kinda like the idea of going there since that's kind of a part of like a lot of people go through when they get to high school, when ya kinda realize that you're a different person now and so are a lot of your old friends and you just kinda start to drift apart from there. Buuut as far as the execution of this went, being afraid to destroy isn't really the best way to explore this idea lol. I guess if I were to kinda take a stab at the rationale there Tai's crest was courage so I guess they were trying to show him being a bit more fearful....IDK, whatever it was that just didn't work.

Honestly I kinda feel like Sora being interested in Tai again was largely pandering to nostalgia. Those two were the couple everyone always shipped, so I guess they felt the need to at least go there. Of course I kinda knew going in that at best they were going to not heed Digimon Adventure 02 much and that epilogue seems to be controversial among fans, so maybe they just didn't wanna go there right away? IDK. I didn't actually catch that Takeru was emailing Daisuke and the Adventure 02 crew on first viewing but I'm glad they're acknowledging they exist at least. It's been a few months since I finished rewatching 02 as a refresher for this but if I remember right wasn't it just Daisuke, Ken, Iori, Miyako, Takeru and Hikari that ad the D3 digivices? I seem to remember that all the other digi-destined they encountered across the world had standard digivices. 

I think the whole thing with the new girl was just a transition into the next film/bunch of episodes. They'll explore her a bit more later but for now it's just an introduction. Although the fact that there are digidestined outside of their group is pretty established I think. All in all I think they were trying to cram too much into this one film and it was a lot of exposition dumping at best...hope they do better with the next.

I mean, I can see what they're trying to do, but the problem is that Taichi already dealt with these issues and concluded that if they don't do something, Digimon is going to destroyed and kill anyone anyways.. so it's better this way or all of them die. Heck, even Yamato got angry at Tai because he was telling it the blunt truth of the case. For him to just go back to it (if they're trying to do a deconstruction) just falls.. flat you know? I wouldn't mind if they passed it onto other characters, like Hikari. Though I agree that, had the execution actually been better, I would have a less of the problem of how they portrayed him, but man the execution just felt flat. 

I agreed that they might of do away some established things from Adventure 02 (we just have to wait and see the next movie), but man, that just poking dem fan boys rages in the community lol xD I honestly think Tai and Mimi would be perfect together if they want romance ::lmao: although, I hope the romance doesn't undermine the plot. 

As for the digivice; hmm, I seems to forgot about that. If that's the case, then I withdraw that complaint. Although, I still felt that she just came out of nowhere or just really didn't developed her enough to make us even considered her appearance) since she was only in a few scenes one ore twice looking for a Digimon and bam; Alphamon all over her. Of course, I'll wait to see where they go from there but yeah, I highly think they just cram too much stuff into the series and expected to flow smoothly. Hopefully the second movie gets better XD 

I'm curious about Hackmon being there. Since it relates to Jesmon, it's possible would be seeing all the Royal Knights?

[video=youtube]

[align=center]Trailer for the Determination Movie. What are your guys thoughts?​

Back
Top Bottom