Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: The Black Rose
Click me for the story!
Hey guys! Welcome to the critique thread on my second installment for the Vegetto Xenoverse series, the Black Rose. When posting a review here, I only ask a few simple rules be followed:
1) Blatant, random cursing will not be tolerated. If you feel the need to vent frustration about a topic presented in the FF, by all means, do it! I'd rather listen to you explain your stance in whatever colorful language that allows you to fully explain your opinion. However, aside from any BC rules that may violate, I personally won't respond to any blatant random cursing that comes off as incoherent dribble. If you want to randomly sling profane words together without a point to it, then you should go somewhere else.
2) Make sure you put what exactly you're reviewing in the very first line of your post. You do not have to follow the template I provide at the bottom, but you do need to make sure it's clear what you're reviewing from the get go. Whether it's the name of the fanfic, the symbolism of a character, or an analysis of a chapter/the story as a whole, I won't respond to anything if I can't understand what you are critiquing exactly.
3) Actual criticism is required. The whole purpose of this forum is to, of course, provide constructive criticism. One of the greatest aspects about criticism is that it is metaphorically comparable to pulling a diamond from a mound of crap: it smells bad and you have to wade through a lot of nasty things, unwanted feelings and emotions about it, but when you find what you're looking for, it's all worth it in the end. There has to be valuable material at the core of whatever point you try to make for it to be legitimate criticism. Otherwise, you're just slinging around crap about this story and your own personal bias on what you do not like/what you do like. So if you intend to support or attack anything in the story, please post a response commenting what exactly it did for you that was uplifting/a problem. No, "I like this character" or "Your story sucks" one line comments, basically.
4) I don't expect this to be a thing here on BC, but as the site grows and with prior experience with the commentators on my story at FF.net, I want to make it clear that this thread will not be used for you to request writing out a story for your ideas. Aside from my own time constraints with this FF and the RP on site, I do not want to try and emulate a person's ideas into a story for them nor do I appreciate someone coming into this story's critique thread and trying to steal attention for their own story. So don't post any requests for me to write you your own story here or anywhere on my profile. After all, the fun of Fanfiction is in writing your own ideas and making them come to life! Also, I will not be taking any requests to include characters into the story, nor will I respond to questions about future plot specifics (IE, will Zamasu and Towa end up dating in this story?!). This does not include morality based ideologies that will need multiple chapters and story development to iron out, so feel free to ask questions about those in regards to the story.
5) Potential spoilers from the plot will, obviously, be included within this thread. The first line of every post should include the topic of criticism, so if you see a post about a chapter you haven't read, don't be upset if you end up reading it when the spoiler warning is there. It's half the reason why I require you to post the topic of criticism as the first line of your critique.
6) I will likely debate any criticisms I feel do not fully answers concerns I have towards the story. Be prepared to defend your stance on certain topics, as it does neither of us any good if you do not fully elaborate on details I call into question if your criticism hits a deep point about the story. If you do not wish to debate, that is fine. Just make it clear in the responding post that you do not wish to argue about the topic in question.
That's it! Feel free to use this template below, and I will be happy to individually respond to each criticism if you call for my response or I need further clarification on how to improve. Thanks guys!