Currently Reading

Luxtra said:
The Tales of Beedle the Bard

Tales of Beedle the Bard was awesome! It's cool that JK Rowling actually publishes those little books from the Harry Potter universe, makes it feel even more real.

Started Go Set a Watchman last week.

JamesYTP said:
Luxtra said:
The Tales of Beedle the Bard

Tales of Beedle the Bard was awesome! It's cool that JK Rowling actually publishes those little books from the Harry Potter universe, makes it feel even more real.

I was positively surprised by this book. All five fairy tales in it are magical (quite literally), but I like "The Tale of the Three Brothers" the most.

Right now I'm reading short stories by Agatha Christie again.

Sanctuary by Faye Kellerman. It's apart of a detective series, and I think this one is better so far than the last one I read. I can't read them all in order, because I don't have all the books. But, good thing it's still easy to dive into.

I'm currently reading "The Colonies in Transition 1660-1713" by Wesley Frank Craven.

Time to update this! 
I finished reading The Drowned Cities by Paolo Bacigalupi (very gripping in its post-apocalypse setting. I cried a lot okay lol)

And I am now reading what is called its predecessor, although it is not a prequel since there is only 1 character in Drowned Cities that made it to this one; Ship Breaker.

Ship Breaker should be read before Drowned Cities imo. Helps ease you into the universe written better. And there's some made up terminology that is only defined by supportive text (aka the term "Grind it!/grind" being used as some kind of expletive, or "nailshed girl" heavily implied to reference girls working within a brothel) and really makes it clear it's pretty far into the future. Brings a fresh look for the genre of post-apocalyptic/dystopia setting.

Currently reading "Speak" by Laurie Halse Anderson. Interesting book, I may say :think:

A little bump. I'm currently reading the book, Wonder. It has a film adaptation, so I decided to check out the book before watching the movie.

Back
Top Bottom