Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

ShineCero

The Strongest
ADMINISTRATOR
Pronouns
He/Him
84460.jpg

Following the successful end of the Fourth Shinobi World War, Konohagakure has been enjoying a period of peace, prosperity, and extraordinary technological advancement. This is all due to the efforts of the Allied Shinobi Forces and the village's Seventh Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki. Now resembling a modern metropolis, Konohagakure has changed, particularly the life of a shinobi. Under the watchful eye of Naruto and his old comrades, a new generation of shinobi has stepped up to learn the ways of the ninja.

Boruto Uzumaki is often the center of attention as the son of the Seventh Hokage. Despite having inherited Naruto's boisterous and stubborn demeanor, Boruto is considered a prodigy and is able to unleash his potential with the help of supportive friends and family. Unfortunately, this has only worsened his arrogance and his desire to surpass Naruto which, along with his father's busy lifestyle, has strained their relationship. However, a sinister force brewing within the village may threaten Boruto's carefree life.

New friends and familiar faces join Boruto as a new story begins in Boruto: Naruto Next Generations.

Useful Links/Information

Didn't think they'd ever move on from Shippuden lol. What's with this trend of anime series that had film continuations retreading tho? First Dragon Ball Super did it now Boruto will too? What's up with that?

It's because Boruto manga does not have enough content for the anime. Thus, they will adapt the movie in animated format and shit out mediocre-bad episodes in a similar vein of Super. At least it probably won't be a rushed job in Brouto's case. Maybe.

If it has a bunch of terribly animated frames, I'm in. Super's a gold mine of laughs if you know where to look (thanks for all the derps Toei...)

If you ask me, I think it's to milk the big name franchises as much as possible. No matter how shoddy Super has come out as, there is still a sizeable amount of fans who will support it and purchase the anime DVDs and merch simply because it's got 'Dragonball' in the name. Even if it's ugly and a plot trainwreck, it has quite a following still. 

The same can go for Naruto as a franchise. As long as they can make content, they know it will bring in profit because of it being such a big name series. Even moreso when there's not enough Boruto manga to reasonably adapt it, which they likely will pump full of filler/plots written as they go. Or, will diverge heavily from the manga and never follow it directly.

Bonus points if the studio is DEEN or Toei! Quality reaction images abound.

All make sense...they could always wait a while for source material or something but Naruto is still TV Tokyo's most popular series and it's like #14 most popular show on hulu counting everything so I'm sure they wanna milk it for every cent :p. Not sure I'd really count on better drawing from an anime as they have to put out 12-24 drawings for a single second of animation, but ya never know since weekly manga releases are pretty damn rushed too.

JamesYTP said:
All make sense...they could always wait a while for source material or something but Naruto is still TV Tokyo's most popular series and it's like #14 most popular show on hulu counting everything so I'm sure they wanna milk it for every cent :p. Not sure I'd really count on better drawing from an anime as they have to put out 12-24 drawings for a single second of animation, but ya never know since weekly manga releases are pretty damn rushed too.

In Boruto's case, it's actually a monthly manga release, and the art isn't quite up to par. It isn't horrible as people say it was in my opinion, but they definitely need a better artist for this. Planning should always been the key factor, but then again, Shounen Jump is notorious for overworked mangakas...

Huh, that's interesting then, very interesting. Monthly releases are a far more relaxed schedule and they usually have time to work on the drawings more. The probably just aren't that good whoever's working on it if that's the case. I'd say then they might've been better off going straight to animation. But then I imagine people would view it as less canon for not being adapted from something :p

I'm not gonna get into it. Im satisfied with growing up with Naruto. I ain't really interested in his whiny son. 
Plus it's not helping that all the weeblords on Youtube want Naruto to die and continue to push the idea forward.

[video=youtube]

[align=center]Here's an new trailer for the Boruto Series.​

First episode of Boruto aired today.

Looks different from the manga and had no idea what's with the whole eye thing he has going on. Also, they started the episode with a timeskip, then flashback to tell how we got there... kind of annoying.

Don't know how to feel about Denki. Pointless character to be added to the main cast.

Boruto is probably one of the most annoying character in the Naruto franchise. He consistently complains about Naruto not doing this and that, yet (from both manga and the film), always portrayed Naruto, always to be there for his son. :think:

ShineCero said:
First episode of Boruto aired today.

Looks different from the manga and had no idea what's with the whole eye thing he has going on. Also, they started the episode with a timeskip, then flashback to tell how we got there... kind of annoying.

Don't know how to feel about Denki. Pointless character to be added to the main cast.

Boruto is probably one of the most annoying character in the Naruto franchise. He consistently complains about Naruto not doing this and that, yet (from both manga and the film), always portrayed Naruto, always to be there for his son. :think:

I sort of figured the eye thing might've been him awakening Byakugan in some partial form kinda like Sasuke and the sharingan against Haku and Itachi when he was very little. 

I guess with Denki they wanted a character that kind of wasn't simply the offspring of previous characters. 

I'll see what the deal with him an Naruto himself his in time I guess...

Back
Top Bottom